Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local P-car guys in the media over dispute

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/comm...be-unequivocal
Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

To bad, should have been on Salary I guess.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Sputter
Pro

The way it reads to me is that this Jakubowski character tried to pull a fast one.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

WOW....looks like this Carmichael gent has friends in the media too.. Hopefully Ernie can get it sorted .. wonder if Ernies rates are going up ..

Guess I will be wrenching my car for a while longer...

Really things are tough enough without one going to the media ... things are only gonna get worse from here if it is not already taken care of.

I have only taken my car to Mantis once and don't know Ernie really well but he seams like a decent enough guy . Hope it comes to a satisfacrory resolution.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

I am sure there are a few details not made public. Who knows what really happened there. There are always two truths to every story. Just confirms that no good deed goes unpunished.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
I am sure there are a few details not made public. Who knows what really happened there. There are always two truths to every story. Just confirms that no good deed goes unpunished.
Confirms that friends should stay just that. Friends. When you start to involve work and money, things have a habit of souring.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

So here's my questions about this 'story'.

Where does it state who won in this story?? Oh wait - It doesn't. Why doesn't it state the outcome of this civil action? Has there been an outcome or is it still before the courts? I can't believe that it is still before the court as this article is by a lawyer who would, (you hope) know better. We have to assume the business owner failed in his defence of this court action based upon of the ‘slant’ of this poorly written article.

As always - there are two stories and somewhere, sometime, we may find out the truth. The business owner is being made out to be a fool (my take) by not having a signed employment contract that lists duties, performance goals/results and expense limits. Maybe the business owner did make errors based upon the fact that he was a friend and his friend had given his word on several issues. Did the ‘friend’ take advantage of the business owner by exceeding his ‘worth’ to the company and then business owner was trapped by now figuring out how to get out of the situation? Not all business owners think like lawyers.

But how did this information come to be known by Mr. Lublin? The Law Review? An 'email'?? Talking over a beer with his fellow Law Society buddies telling ‘stories’??

I know it appears as a reader 'information' piece - along the lines of what not to do if your a business owner, but the synopsis of this article is; two friends got together and one of them hired the other to work for his business without an employment contract and both felt each other let them down.

The end result is nasty. A broken friendship.

Moral(s) of this story:

1. Never hire friends. Ever. You cannot have a friend work for you even if it looks like he is working out. Your other employees will always be affected by the situation and even if the person is a fine individual - you'll hear the, 'Oh great, he's a friend of the boss...' whispers. Nine times out of ten your employees experiencing the 'chill up the back' feelings about the hiring of your buddy - will be correct.

2. Always wonder how/why these type of articles and details end up in newspapers…

FYI: It's sad that this relationship has ended as these were the twp principal people who had the idea to race that nice bright yellow Cayman S we see at DE and region events...
http://www.mantissport.ca/Portals/0/...Issue.indd.pdf
Old 04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 305 Likes on 209 Posts

I went a got a beer only to find no end to the story!
But seriously. Too bad. I know Stan has had a tough time being in the same industry as myself before this.
Putting the student's 911 int onto the wall didn't help ......
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Was that the 997 that hit the wall going into 10 (Mosport) a few years back while the 'instructor' was at the wheel? I remember the discussion between student and instructor got pretty heated as they got checked out my the EMT's...
Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Too bad all the facts have'nt come out nor what really happened. If you know me then you know who I am. Its too bad what happened, and is being resolved shortly. How and why in the paper, you got me. Very seldom newspapers have good news.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernie J
Very seldom newspapers have good news.

Hope it all works out.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Hey Ernie you don't come on very often but since you are checking in i have a quick off topic question .. it is actually about Porsches .. do you know anybody around you that does seat repair ? my SC needs a couple of vinyl patches replaced. i already have the material i just need a good upholstry guy to cut the pieces and sew them in .

Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

thanks Ernie i will check them out.

Quick Reply: Local P-car guys in the media over dispute