Notices

Choice of two cars - need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Good luck with the search, I'm sure the right car will come along soon.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob993
I found out today the USA car has an issue with the RMS
They all do from 1999-2008...

If you can get a 997 or 997 S over a 996
Old 04-15-2010, 01:10 AM
MattAu
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zookie
Yes it is... Infact Canadian Dealer are selling US cars CPO'd... Pfaff has 2 right now, but they are asking Canadian Type Money, you can get that same car in the US for 10-15's less... I dont get their logic
Are you sure the Cdn dealers are not CPO'ing the US cars themselves? If you are right, I got to look into this since my car was a US CPO car and the previous owner (who imported it from the States) was told by DFC and Pfaff that the CPO doesn't transfered over. I was told the same when I bought the car in for warranty service and was told that my warranty expires 4 yrs from the in service date, as opposed to 6 yrs from the in service date. I was told by Pfaff that I can have the car CPO but it means they will have to do all the work on it and then I have to pay almost $2k for the insurance certificate, I was told that it's not worth it.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MattAu
Are you sure the Cdn dealers are not CPO'ing the US cars themselves? If you are right, I got to look into this since my car was a US CPO car and the previous owner (who imported it from the States) was told by DFC and Pfaff that the CPO doesn't transfered over. I was told the same when I bought the car in for warranty service and was told that my warranty expires 4 yrs from the in service date, as opposed to 6 yrs from the in service date. I was told by Pfaff that I can have the car CPO but it means they will have to do all the work on it and then I have to pay almost $2k for the insurance certificate, I was told that it's not worth it.
As long as you do this http://pfaff.porschedealer.com/canadian_owners/ it used to Be $1250... but now its a more Reasonable $500... If you read more you will find this:-

Is the certified pre-owned (CPO) warranty applicable for a U.S. vehicle in Canada?

Yes, if the vehicle with the CPO warranty was sold by an authorized Porsche Dealer directly to a Canadian consumer, or if the vehicle was sold by a private individual directly to a Canadian consumer. Cars sold by brokers and non-Porsche dealerships will not have a CPO warranty
Old 04-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MattAu
Are you sure the CPO from the States is honored here in Canada?
It is. I have a new engine to prove it.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob993
Man, I forget how helpful this board is. I found out today the USA car has an issue with the RMS. They stated they would repair it as well as replace the clutch while they are at it.
Suprised at 17K miles that it would need a clutch already. Ok, looks like I will need to do lots of looking around to find something that would fit the bill. 997S would be a preference and for sure a turbo with CPO, but not sure if it will stay in my budget.
Dabbled with a SRT10 that had ridiculous power but unfortunately designed to be a lethal combination speed and power in my humble opinion.

Thanks
Rob
Get a 996 Turbo. One with 20k miles and CPO just sold for $49k in Mass. If you get a 996 C4S, definitely get a CPO. IMS failure is not fun especially without warranty.

Quick Reply: Choice of two cars - need advice