Notices

2011 C4S Ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:25 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Polarporsche
Congrats on the new purchase, I just signed the paper work on a new 2011 GT3 that also has a June build date. Did you get hit with an increase from 2010 to 2011 base price? The $6000 cash credit offerd to me by Porsche Canada was pretty much erased by the price increase.
c4s got a lower msrp for 2011. the currency credit lowers the price even more. sorry polar
Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kkapoor
It was going to be Atlas Grey. Then I thought that the extra $3.5 k wasn't worth it. Then I decided it was either white or basalt black. I was pretty sold on the white one, and that's actually how I left it at the dealer.

I couldn't stop thinking that white was just a little too feminine for me and had I lived in California it would have been fine, however, with our long winters and short days, I think the Basalt Black suits me best. The dark blue is nice as well (it never ends). This concrete decision will be made on Monday.
Mine is Lapis Blue, however:
when I read how the RS America models (now over $300,000 if you can get one) were White because
if a single drop of oil or any other liquid were to leak, the mechanics could immediately
see it just about anywhere, White became my number one color.

White is a beautiful example of function and form (or aesthetics).

Maybe you should follow your original instinct.

EDIT: ...and Black is a pain to keep it looking clean- it always looks dusty.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. Congrats on your GT3! That's one heck of a vehicle.

There was small decrease in base pricing for 2011 C4S. You can see the full 2011 model pricing schedule here:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../31/c6988.html
Thanks for the info, your a brave man for getting Black, it is a stunning colour when it's detailed but a little high maintenance for me (I'm lazy). I decided on a colour change from the Arctic Silver ( both my 6GT3 and BS are AS) and went with Guards Red.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 AM
kkapoor
Instructor

White was my 1st instinct but the black was just ***** out! As I said, I think if I was living in a warmer climate I'd definitely take the white.

I'm 30 years old and the white, while very sophisticated, is just a little too feminine for me. The dark blue is also an option. I'm going to check out the configurator on Monday at the dealership to finalize the colour.

Thank you all for the kind words.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

White was my 1st instinct but the black was just ***** out! As I said, I think if I was living in a warmer climate I'd definitely take the white.

I'm 30 years old and the white, while very sophisticated, is just a little too feminine for me. The dark blue is also an option. I'm going to check out the configurator on Monday at the dealership to finalize the colour.

Thank you all for the kind words.
The midnight blue with the blue top is also gorgeous - just make sure the interior is black (not sea blue) imho...saw one of those in the show room last year - 2nd favorite combo next to the white/ coco....but again - didn't have enough nerve to order. My buddy has silver/ coco with coco top which is stunning...

Don't worry though - no ugly combination...well almost none.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Fastboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

C4S is a wicked car--great sound right out of the box--no need to after-market a new muffler. Responsive, good lookin'--you will be very happy I'm sure.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 389 Posts

I was told on the gt3's the white saves about 15 pounds of weight.
white is the new silver...I never heard that it was feminine.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:24 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I was told on the gt3's the white saves about 15 pounds of weight.
white is the new silver...I never heard that it was feminine.
Absolutely!

Plus the fact that if any little drop of oil or any other liquid (which signals trouble)
is in a corner somewhere, White is the best color to show it, Black the worst.

I don't get the "White is feminine" BS either; are you saying all guys that have white cars in the forum are "feminine"?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:35 AM
kkapoor
Instructor

Absolutely not. Remember I chose the white as my 1st instinct. I just felt it was a little too feminine for 'me'. It's really very personal and not meant to admonish other people's choices.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:27 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

I used to own a black car. NEVER AGAIN. I loved it when it was just detailed: black gold indeed. But 30 min later there was a layer of dust on it. After a while I stopped washing it and after a year I got rid of it.
On the other hand, my 20 year old white C4 Cab looked like it was new.
If I where to reorder my car now, I'd get the sea blue interior. It would look total "custom" with white, blue, silver or yellow exterior.
My buddy used to have a dark blue Audi TT on dark blue interior. No one would believe him it was a factory colour combo, thats how good it looked.
I agree with others: There is nothing feminine about the white car. Even if you stick with brown interior. Every 911 out there is either black or silver. You are 30 you say. If you are going to blow $130000 on a car, don't you want to be noticed? I did and I love the attention.
Whatever you decide, your first new Porsche will be your new high. Taste is such a personal thing, you can not expect to find one Rennlister who would respond to your list of choices with: "OMG, thats exactly how I would order it!" And don't be concerned about resale value either. These two words should be considered an oxymoron. There is nothing "valuable" about being offered 30 cents on your dollar three years later by the same dealer who sold you the damn thing in the first place. So, get it in any colour/options you want and drive it like you stole it.
Good luck and hope the wait goes quickly.
Stan
Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
kkapoor
Instructor

Thanks Stan, I ended up with the Basalt Black ordered and the Natural Brown leather. Also ended up adding the cornering lights. Taste is personal and you live and learn as time goes by. I'm not concerned with resale at the moment. It's my 1st Porsche and it's best to get what you want instead of having regrets later. P.s. I found a pic of Basalt Black with Nat Brown interior....

Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

It's going to be a lovely car. Congrats! Now the hard part starts: waiting for it to arrive!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:24 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

I found a pic of Basalt Black with Nat Brown interior....

I have to admit, it does look sharp.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Stan, I ended up with the Basalt Black ordered and the Natural Brown leather. Also ended up adding the cornering lights. Taste is personal and you live and learn as time goes by. I'm not concerned with resale at the moment. It's my 1st Porsche and it's best to get what you want instead of having regrets later. P.s. I found a pic of Basalt Black with Nat Brown interior....

you do realize that car has deviating carpets? I think that looks really sharp though.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
The midnight blue with the blue top is also gorgeous - just make sure the interior is black (not sea blue) imho...saw one of those in the show room last year - 2nd favorite combo next to the white/ coco....but again - didn't have enough nerve to order. My buddy has silver/ coco with coco top which is stunning...

Don't worry though - no ugly combination...well almost none.
I've seen Speed Yellow / Carrera Red on this forum somewhere. Who drove that car... Ronald McDonald?

Quick Reply: 2011 C4S Ordered!