Notices

New tires!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts
Default New tires!

Just replaced my worn tires with a new set of the same (Bridgestone S02-A N3) so much quieter now and sure feels sweet!!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Putting on the summers next Wed. Tired of all the bumping and noise. I have 1 year old PS2's so I may be looking for tires shortly. Where did you get yours?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:14 PM
rajeshr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just installed a set of Hankook Ventus K110 Evo's on the C4S. I had a few doubts, but decided to go for it since they were not very expensive. After a couple of weeks of driving, I am pretty impressed with them. Quiet, great wet and dry grip and less than half the cost of PS2's! Overall, a winner so far!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Drove my M6 down to Philly last weekend and it handled abominably. I thought I had a stability control problem. but it turned out that my tires were shot..only 5k on them. I didn't think I was driving that hard to nuke them, ( Contisport 2). COngrats on the new tires...its like getting a new car when you get themo
Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Had the R compound Michelins installed yesterday. They really came in handy today at TMP, especially on track with Mark Wilkins in his 997 GT 3 RS.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:15 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboS
Had the R compound Michelins installed yesterday. They really came in handy today at TMP, especially on track with Mark Wilkins in his 997 GT 3 RS.
I was at TMP but came after 4 pm- never saw you, you must have left earlier.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:16 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Just replaced my worn tires with a new set of the same (Bridgestone S02-A N3) so much quieter now and sure feels sweet!!
That's what I use too; I prefer them to Pirelli P zero, and I belive they may last longer.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
rajeshr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rajeshr
Just installed a set of Hankook Ventus K110 Evo's on the C4S. I had a few doubts, but decided to go for it since they were not very expensive. After a couple of weeks of driving, I am pretty impressed with them. Quiet, great wet and dry grip and less than half the cost of PS2's! Overall, a winner so far!
Hmm - had a slight vibration at speeds over 120kmph. I took it in and it seems that one of the rears is out of round. I called TireRack and they are sending me a new set of rears to replace the old ones free of charge (in addition to paying me $25 each for mounting the new tires).

Have to take my hat off to TR for the excellent service they provide! I know we should expect service like this all the time, but it's not the case with most resellers, and hence a positive surprise when a business goes the extra mile to make you a happy customer!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSStudios
I was at TMP but came after 4 pm- never saw you, you must have left earlier.
We left around 3:30, pretty tired and hungry, after a very full day of driving.
Trying to keep up with Mark Wilkins takes alot of effort.
I think he has an advantage over me when it comes to fitness

Quick Reply: New tires!