Notices

New member and looking for a 996 trunk - any advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010 | 05:16 PM
eatonio
Rennlist Member

Yeah at first I thought he was just trying a ridiculous bargaining tactic but he wouldn't budge from $1200, nevermind down to a reasonable number.

I'll continue the hunt, and thanks again for your help.. it's much appreciated. Will update once I find something.
Old 03-31-2010 | 08:00 PM
eatonio
Rennlist Member

I called LA Dismantlers and for the entire rear cover - lid, spoiler, motor, harness - they want $400 (excellent) plus $200 shipping to Canada (terrible).

I did some research and there seems to be a lot of unhappy cutomers, which makes me very hesitant.

I did find them to be very helpful and not at all rude, which is different than some others have experienced. He mentioned that they have my colour and that it is one which is not scratched (unlike some other colours which are). If they were to provide pictures of the actual part, should I consider this? It seems nuts to ignore the negative feedback that has been posted.
Old 03-31-2010 | 08:39 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

I can't help with advice regarding the reputation of LA Dismantlers, but how much would shipping be if you got it shipped to Buffalo instead? I bet it's significantly less. Then you can take a nice saturday afternoon drive and pick it up!

Quick Reply: New member and looking for a 996 trunk - any advice