Notices

Fantino's mad stunt racing law upheld

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
michel944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
But... they had a good example of how to do it right. The 417 through Ottawa has buses only lanes on the RIGHT hand side of the road with bus stops. No buses getting in the way trying to cross over three lanes to get to the exit or the same issues trying to get to the HOV lanes. Ohhhh, but noooo, that was in another City - it won't work here...
We also have those reserved right lanes in Quebec. For bus and taxis mostly. They seem to work fine.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:00 AM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
If they actually set the speed limits on 400 series highways to 130, and based upon recommendations from engineers instead of politicians, I'd have no problem with supporting licence suspensions at 50+.
+100

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
How about getting jalopies off the road. A safety inspection that had teeth every couple of years would be a step in the right direction.
Exactly.
In NS we have annual safety inspections. When I moved here and learned that I NEVER needed to get my car safetied once it was registered, I couldn't believe it.
I even commented to the motor vehicle lady, " You mean that I can legally drive my car with no brakes, crappy tires and worn out ball joints, as long as I'm not polluting the air?" She said " Yup, pretty much."
I have to admit I was appalled.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by irobertson
+100

Exactly.
In NS we have annual safety inspections. When I moved here and learned that I NEVER needed to get my car safetied once it was registered, I couldn't believe it.
I even commented to the motor vehicle lady, " You mean that I can legally drive my car with no brakes, crappy tires and worn out ball joints, as long as I'm not polluting the air?" She said " Yup, pretty much."
I have to admit I was appalled.
Better yet - did you know that in Ontario you can transfer ownership of your car to your spouse and there is NO safety required? The thinking is: you 'care' about your spouses safety. Evil minds would say - how does the Government know that you have your spouses best interest at heart? Sounds like a case for CIS if your spouses brakes fail and tragic results happen just after you transfer title...
Old 03-25-2010, 03:53 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol! This stuff is better than The Onion.

Quick Reply: Fantino's mad stunt racing law upheld