Notices

Anyone interested in an '08 997TT - Cobalt Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 AM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a guy in BC looking for your car on 6speedforums. I posted this link there for him.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...sed-997tt.html
Old 03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by swbatte
There's a guy in BC looking for your car on 6speedforums. I posted this link there for him.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...sed-997tt.html
Thanks Sean. Looks like he is considering a US car, which is the problem trying to sell a high end car in Canada now that the dollar is almost at par again. I'm hoping someone specifically wants Cobalt and doesn't want the hassle of importing. There were very few Cobalts when I was looking, only a handful in the US and they were all sold when I inquired about them, so I had to order mine. I didn't want any other colour.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
swbatte
Pro

If your car is the right combo of options and not too much of a premium I know yours will sell. It's a stunning car, and I'm only sorry I never got to go for a ride in it.

6.1% duty plus shipping plus hassle, plus a flight down to look at the car, Canadian cars are still attractive to buy.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 788 Likes on 364 Posts

If your car is the right combo of options and not too much of a premium I know yours will sell. It's a stunning car, and I'm only sorry I never got to go for a ride in it.

6.1% duty plus shipping plus hassle, plus a flight down to look at the car, Canadian cars are still attractive to buy.
But it's gotta be priced right. Only a few grand more than a US car. Don't miss the critical spring selling season hoping to scrape a few grand out of it.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:00 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jamie140
But it's gotta be priced right. Only a few grand more than a US car. Don't miss the critical spring selling season hoping to scrape a few grand out of it.
Good advice Jamie. This makes a good point of how we get screwed both ways. Overpay when buying new in comparison to buying new in the US, HUGE depreciation when selling because we have to compete with the US market.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:03 PM
swbatte
Pro

Yup and when someone does choose to buy up here they do things like this to their best customers:
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...town-rant.html
Old 03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
DLJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I agree Jamie, for a few grand difference, I think a buyer would want to avoid the import paperwork and bs.

The difference now with our dollar approaching par is roughly 7 % in favour of the US cars if you buy from a Canadian dealer or co. that has to charge GST (the 7% being the 6.1% duty and RIV,A/C and shop inspection fees,etc.) This is also exclusive of any travel or shipping costs, which you might also have travelling to other parts of Canada to actually find a Canadian car for sale (like hens' teeth).
There are still buyers out there either intimidated or simply not willing to go through any of the import protocols and they would be good candidates to buy the Canadian car.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,131 Likes on 809 Posts

not to get to far offf topic as that is one gorgeous car but i disagree with the above statement. A LOT of money can be saved by buying in the US and selection is huge. I consider the hunt part of the fun .. not hassle.. so \i guess it depends on perspective.

glws as it is a rare colour and you might find a US guy buying here ... ya never know
Old 03-20-2010, 10:12 AM
PALETTE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car! GLWS
Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
skruggs964
Pro

Not necessarily would you have to pay PST. Not in Alberta! If the purchaser is from Alberta and gets it shipped FOB back to Alberta, there is no PST. I did this once a few years back. You just pay the $150 bucks for the Out-of-Province safety when it arrives and present it when you register the car in Alberta.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I consider the hunt part of the fun .. not hassle..
Amen to that Clive
Old 03-28-2010, 01:08 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
Make sure you post some pics of the new car when you get it. :-)
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!

Pic of it in Florida before it left:

Quick pic of it today at my friend's dealership. Still awaiting to be safetied & e-tested:

Too excited to sleep!

One last pic of my baby...awaiting a new owner. I miss it already

Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Dennis, OMG! that is gorgeous! Every bit of rational thought just left me, yes the Porsche was RATIONAL!

When are we meeting next with the F-car? Coffee is on me....the damn 44 sundancer is off again...!!!

Jag
Old 03-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Dennis, I got a 1/2 B at my disposal as well, but I think I'd go to jail if I tried to buy your car with it Good luck with the sale, and the new ride is SWEEEETTT....please tell me you golf, I'd like to see your car @ Sunningdale!!! -- my treat!

Originally Posted by PbPedis
Wow, I'm a millionaire. Got this email in response to my autotrader ad. Won't these guys ever stop?

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the details and information about your car history. It seems you are a sincere person. I want to inform you that I will buy your car at your last selling price (Including VAT). I am a captain with the United Nations troop in Afghanistan, on war against terrorism.

Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from Afghanistan come next year, I have been deployed to work in your country military base soonest. Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on the war against terrorism. I will use the car while in your country because I will need a car for myself and that is why I contacted you for this deal okay.

On the other hand I want to inform you that there is $16.2 million USD in my disposition. This money was recovered from a mansion belonging to one of Taliban Kandahar men who was a crude oil exporter here in Afghanistan. The money was stacked in a trunk box all in 100 dollar bills. I deposited this money with a Red Cross Agent informing him that we are making contact for the real owner of the money because I have intended to keep this money for my use as soon as my time here is over. There is no official record of this money. It is under my power to approve whoever comes forth for this money. I cannot move this money to my Germany, because I will be in Canada for about 3 years, so I need someone I could trust If you accept this deal, I will authorize the transfer of the money to Canada where you will be the beneficiary because I am a uniformed person and I cannot be parading such an amount moreover I will need to explain the source of the money if I try to claim it in person.

This is where you coming in now, I need to present you as the beneficiary. See, I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service to Canada . I just need your acceptance and assurance, that you can handle this responsibility and clear the consignment from the customs when it gets to Canada. I will give to you the complete details you will need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why I went to a secured car site where I can be sure that the person is real. I just have to be sure whom I am dealing with.

If you are interested please send me your personal information and I will get back to you with further information. I am writing from a fresh email account so if you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 3days, I will then search for someone else.
I wait for your contact details such as.

YOUR FULL NAME:___________________
FULL ADDRESS:______________________
YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER:_________
AND YOUR PASSPORT PHOTO OR ANY OF YOUR PICTURE:_________

So we can go on. In less than (5days) the money will be in your country and I will come over for my share. I will give to you 30% of the sum and 70% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal. With your full information I will be able to register the consignment and make the Shipment to you without delay.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:57 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Thanks Jag. I can't believe we went through all of last summer without a meet. We'll definitely have to get together soon. Forecast looks pretty nice next week. I will hopefully have the car early next week. Already promised Sean a ride.

Edit: Not a golfer...just don't have the time to spare. We should plan a meet for the Spring or early summer though.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in an '08 997TT - Cobalt Blue?