Rennlist 4 Post Car Lift Group Buy - New Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:53 PM
redcarman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamLexus
Mick,

Your retrofit looks awesome. Quite awesome in fact.

I have a very very similar garage. Yesterday, I went out and measured from the bottom of the cross beam (I assume that would be the "lowest obstruction point") to the ground and it was exactly 120" inches.

This works well for the lift.

But it would mean the garage door would have to clear the ABOVE the beam. From your retro fit pics, it looks like the door clears a good 24" inches below the beam. I know that the retrofit means that there is waaaay less door resting in the horizontal position when opened...... so perhaps it won't interfere w/ the Porsche stored up top?
Thanks, it did turn out better than I though it would. Regarding your question, I am not sure that I understand where your "cross beam" is in your garage. Secondly, if you have 120" to the underside of this beam, why does the door need to go over it?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:29 PM
TeamLexus
5th Gear

The cross beams I am referring to are the ones that cross the garage from the side wall to side wall....or left to right. Those are essentially the "lowest point" right?

Your new retrofit door tracks make the garage door lie in the horizontal position when fully opened about 2 feet lower then these cross beams..... thus reducing your overall clearance height to the Porsche parked up top, no?

I was wondering if the garage door lying in the horizontal position when fully opened at even your new retrofitted height is enough to clear the top-parked Porsche?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 675 Likes on 446 Posts

You can run your tracks right up under the support beam with only a few inches clearance...

Old 02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
TeamLexus
5th Gear

my guess is that you can run the tracks horizontal at that point because its no where near the roofline of the vehicle parked up top, right?

The actual door itself in its full open position will only have a foot or two resting horizontally, so its above the trunk-area of a vehicle parked up top, correct? ie it won't contact the vehicle parked up top?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:12 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 184 Posts

The top of the posts is 95 inches on this one. 112 wide, I would like a narrow one to put to the right of this one. What is the narrowest lift on the market?
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM
redcarman
Instructor

Originally Posted by inverterman
The top of the posts is 95 inches on this one. 112 wide, I would like a narrow one to put to the right of this one. What is the narrowest lift on the market?
I think 100-102" is the narrowest lift I have ever seen with the pump mounted on the end of the post rather than on the side of the post.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 AM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 184 Posts

I think you are right, I want to put the posts next to the posts on the lift shown and keep lighter/track cars on it. I will see what direct lift has and see if it can be thrown in on this group buy.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Oracle
Pro

I'm thinking about a lift.. over here in Calgary there are a couple of options that are probably good too..
Could you please let me know what are the shipping charges to Calgary?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 PM
redcarman
Instructor

Default Group Buy Update

So far the following 3 Rennlisters are in on the Group Buy for the 4 Post Lift

1. Redcarman
2. trinaia
3. wildcat077 (2 Post Lift)

We need another 4 buyers to get on board in order to get a worthwhile discount on the purchase price. We are looking to put in the order in the second or third week in March so let us know if any of you are interested.

Mick

Last edited by redcarman; 03-08-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
redcarman
Instructor

Default Shipping to Calgary

Originally Posted by Oracle
I'm thinking about a lift.. over here in Calgary there are a couple of options that are probably good too..
Could you please let me know what are the shipping charges to Calgary?

Thanks
I am sure that ADG Forward will ship to Calgary but that would be in addition to the prices that are shown in the opening thread. You can reach ADG Forward at http://www.adgforward.com/4post.htm.

Regards,

Mick
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Nooch
Racer

Mick,
PM sent

Adriano
Old 03-13-2010, 12:12 PM
redcarman
Instructor

Default Rennlist Direct Lift 4 Post Carlift Group Buy Update

I was contacted this morning (Saturday) by Angelo of ADG Forward who told me that they were having a special promotion this weekend only for the Performance Show that they are attending. At the time that I spoke with him this morning he said they have 6 Propark 8 4-Post Lifts available for the special show price of $2,095. That's $300 lower than their regular "best price" of $2,400 and $150 lower than the 7+ unit Group Buy price that they have offered us!! You will need to prepay for the lift with a credit card by 6pm tomorrow (Sunday) in order to get this deal price this weekend.

Given that we only have 3 commited to the Group buy I already went ahead and bought mine this morning with delivery scheduled for the 1st week of April.

If any of you are interested in taking advantage of this deal, Angelo at ADG indicated that you can contact him directly at 416-529-2643 to make it happen.

Thanks to all that showed interest in this group buy.
Mick
Old 12-29-2010, 10:58 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread here- has anyone dropped an engine/ transmission on a 911 utilizing a 4-post lift? I would like the convenience of a parking lift, but I really need a lift that will allow the R/R of a 993 or 996 engine and transmission.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Tom
Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Heavykevyd
3rd Gear

Thumbs up Garage Door Solution for Automotive Lifts!

I'm new on the site and it looks like everyone is busy either buying lifts or RETROFITTING their garage. I would like to show you people that there is no more need to retrofit!

Go to www.enviroglide.net and let me know what you think of that....Wait until you see the space savings, no more tracks, fully insulated, and fully automated.
My guess from doing a retrofit on my last garage is that it costs around a $1000 bucks?? Maybe more these days.

Please see this and drive to online web for info.......I'll put pictures up WED for my own application. I put the doors up in just over 2 hours with a friend.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 PM
S98CS
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i might be in for a lift
I will just check some dimension out first
if the group buy is still on.
Stephen

Quick Reply: Rennlist 4 Post Car Lift Group Buy - New Thread