Notices

Sales people at Downtown Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

John Lee, haven't bought a car from him but I've known him from school and he's always been a big car guy (like me). He had a slammed yellow A4 way back when.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by PbPedis
Bought from Jimmy Lin & Vincent Ho @ Downtown. Great guys to deal with but both have since moved to Pfaff.
mmmmmmm i wonder... Vincent is a great guy to talk to... As for Jimmy Lin lost my Bussniess coz of his attitude towards "Young kid who know's more than a Sale's Rep about the car He Wants" to Stuart @ Pfaff
Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekam
John Lee, haven't bought a car from him but I've known him from school and he's always been a big car guy (like me). He had a slammed yellow A4 way back when.
i also dealt with john last summer - he looked hard to find me a deal
Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Antje at DFC has been incredibly helpful to me and I recommend her highly. She has sold me two GT3 RS and a Cayenne S, and it has been a great experience.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:29 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Robert Burgess was straight up to deal with at Downtown P.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found Brad Sinclair at the parts counter of Pfaff to always be super helpful, professional and reliable. In terms of the sales dept., I heard from a close friend that a test drive in one of their used vehicles with a salesman driving can be quite an eye-opening experience as to what these vehicles are capable of doing. The salesman may even brag about how it is quite ok to miss 2-3 gears when upshifting in a modern Porsche. "These cars are built for it." It seems to me that buying a used vehicle could also mean buying an abused vehicle from the sales staff at this Pfaff shop. (My .02 worth.)
Old 02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 241 Likes on 163 Posts

+1 on Hully at Pfaff.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jamie Taylor isn't at Downtown, he's at Pfaff.

He is a great guy to deal with and will have my business for my next car.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Robert Burgess was straight up to deal with at Downtown P.
I don't know Robert at all from a sales/dealership perspective, but I do know him from the track as an avid car guy with a nice 944 who appreciates Porsches, not just Cayennes.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:22 AM
SnoKing
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Retrofishy
Anyone know what happened to Neil Guerin down there? His name is off the website...
Any thoughts on Antje, Dan, Rob, Steve, Lee, John or Felix?
More curious than anything else.

Already know a guy up at Pfaff...

Thanks,

Retrofishy
Hey, neil got really sick around christmas. he has been friends with my dad since we bought off of him in 2008 and normally calls my dad every couple of days. when my dad didn't get a call or email for christmas, we drove to downtown and found out he was in a coma. we were shocked. as of late we have no update, but my fingers are crossed that he is alright. he is such a cool guy
Old 02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Retrofishy
Advanced

Originally Posted by SnoKing
Hey, neil got really sick around christmas. he has been friends with my dad since we bought off of him in 2008 and normally calls my dad every couple of days. when my dad didn't get a call or email for christmas, we drove to downtown and found out he was in a coma. we were shocked. as of late we have no update, but my fingers are crossed that he is alright. he is such a cool guy
Oh wow is this true about Neil?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yeezh you guys are lucky!

In Montreal you'll be hard pressed to find a Porsche sales person who's anything like what you guys are describing.
Here they are arrogant, condescending and unreliable... a unique blend of excuses and attitude.

Now you guys don't know me but normally speaking I'm the last guy people want to f#@k with and someone who's clearly not going to be impressed by attitude, it has it's place and can even be "simpatico" (think Donald Trump) but it is the last thing you're looking for when you're about to drop a sh#t load of $$ !!!!

Therefore I'll only deal with the GM, the absolute opposite from his people!

Same sh#t at the service department...thank God that at least there the Manager and certain mechanics there are excellent!!

Like I said you guys are lucky.

Cheers,

Sid.
When i pull up at Lauzon Porsche in Laval with my 89 Carrera to purchase the odd part i can't find elsewhere,it seems they don't even acknowledge my car as it must be a low value "dinosaur" to them ...\
I would like to kick some of those snotty salesmen in the *** to wake them up !!!

Phil
Old 02-09-2010, 09:46 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,023 Likes on 728 Posts

Hey Phill isn't that a red 73 carrera RS in their front show room ? They better damn well acknowlege your car .. and with the due respect it deserves .. after 89 they weren't 911's any more ...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 161 Posts

Yeah, i saw that 73 as i was driving by a few months ago ... The problem at that place is they have their VIP lounge with their pastries and esspresso machine to entertain their rich clients and anybody else is a "nobody " unless you bought your car there and gave them loads of money !

Oh well ... lol
Phil
Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SnoKing
mmm First Post? Intresting

Quick Reply: Sales people at Downtown Porsche