Notices

Forza 3 thread - tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts
Default Forza 3 thread - tips

Just been playing Forza 3 lately and thought i would start a thread for this topic. I have a few questions and few things to add... Maybe we can all contribute.

1. I had a real problem with seeing the side view and rear view mirrors as I always race from cockpit view. Thanks To Phil I got it working.

had to go into multiscreen mode and change my angle view to 85 degrees. Now I can see the side view and rear view on my alpha. Pain is it changes form car to car . hop in my little nissan and at the same 85 degrees i can see way TOO much. It would be nice if you could have a " seat setting " option so you could zoom in or out with the controller instead of making all these changes and having to reboot. ..anyways ....

2. i put a few decals on my car and wanted to save that layout . and be able to load onto other cars as i move through ( after all I am the sponsord driver ). I can't figure out how to do this . i can save graphic shapes though in a layout .. am i doing something wrong ?

3. Can I save paint jobs ( loved Phill's Gulf layout ) can i save a paint job like that and apply it to different cars ?

4. if I go through the calander I have to choose one series or another . Once you choose you can't race the others unless you go back to the events list .. so if you stick to the calender layout you would miss huge chunks of the game . Is this correct or am i doing something wrong. ?

5. I have to win all the races to be named series champion .. or get a check mark in event list, doesn't seam right if I came 1st in 2 races and 2nd in one ....

6. sometimes no matter what I can't upgrade my car to be the highest P.I and I just can't catch the guy .. i can only win if i ram him in a corner and put him out a few corners before the end ,, is that cool ( giuess I would never get invited to the Sunday morning runns driving like this )

Just a few points .. anyone else got any good tips ?
Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

With regards to number 4, I've never used the "season play calendar" I've always gone through the events list. I like the way you can access them all at once and pick and choose which ones to race at your own leisure and in whatever order you like. Also, it's nice to be able to see which events your current car is eligible for (green box) and which events you have a car in your garage that would be eligible for the event (blue box).

5) Ya, silly.

6) Really? Perhaps you don't have enough money to perform the upgrade? Unless you've performed all the upgrades you can and that is the best the car can get, in which case you need a different car! Or ramming, the computer drives pretty dirty so I have no qualms about nudging them into a wall!

Join us on Sundays! It's great fun and probably the best way to get better!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

2. & 3. You can’t save manufacturer decals or graphics purchased from someone in a layer group.
You can save your design but it can only be applied to the car model you saved it on. If you save a design and what to share it you can not sell or gift a design that contains layer groups bought of other people.

To transfer designsto another car model.
You need to remove any manufacturer decals or graphics purschased from someone
Save the left side to a new layer group
Save the right side to a new layer group
Save the top side to a new layer group
And so on. Then apply the layer group to the model you want.

4. Stick to the calendar. Always choose the far left option “see new track” this will eventually complete all your events. I am only season 11 or 12 now and still only 80% complete.

5. No if you win 2 out of 3 or 4 and the computer AI drivers don’t lead the series you will still earn the series champion. Personally I always redo the race if I come less than 1st. Since you get the all gold bonus at the end of the event.

Tip to earn extra money. Before completing the last track event in season play, goto the event list and choose the track manually and you will get the event bonus. Then redo it in season play and you get the bonus again.

6. The majority of the time you are not limited to how much you upgrade your car. Usually upgrade it to a higher class then what the AI has. If the event restricts the car to a certain class. Then in the lower classes always add power and minor weight reduction. Always max out the car to the highest level it can go without going over. You will always get pole position if you have a higher level PI rating.
Some races force no upgrades and you start out at in 8th position. This is where it there only way to get ahead is to take the inside of corners and use the AI to bounce off of to get ahead of them. Bashing AI is fine bashing real people is a no no.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Thanks Greg that's great ..... it's a video game .. can you define " real people ' ?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Thanks Greg that's great ..... it's a video game .. can you define " real people ' ?
Hehe apparently my tips weren't very accurate! Thanks Greg, I didn't know half of that!

I think by "real people" he means playing online... ie sunday... where you should stop by
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by theiceman
real people, people on the internet. bashing real people and they tend to want to get even with you and start swearing and calling you names. they aren't happy until they smash you good and if your really good and they keep failing to hit you the swears just get worse.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

... oh kind of like me on the 401 .. i get it now ,,, well i am just a beginner so i will practice offline for a while ( season 2 ) .. so far I have 350,000 creidts saved but i am sure that will be gone later in the game .. there never seams to be much left of my Lotus when i am done .. the collision credits seam to eat into my difficulty bonus AND the prize money ... oh well.... if your not first, your last ...
Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 AM
michel944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a game ! I have now 12 championships left to do out of the 220 total.....I haven't been working for the last few months due to an injury (I ran into a MOOSE at 100 kmh at night with my MOTORCYCLE...), it helps filling the long days...
Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Holly crap michell i would think that is rather like hitting a warm telephone pole with legs.. too bad you couldn't hit the rewind button ...
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM
michel944
Pro

You said it theiceman...life is no videogame ! By chance (if I can say so) I had an ST1100 touring bike which had a high enough fairing so the bike hit the moose instead of me. I was catapulted on the ground and suffered 3 broken ribs and one broken shoulder blade, and I had a padded and reinforced motorcycle jacket ! I did about 75' on my face and my fullface was all worn out on both sides ! Thank god for fullface helmets ! Here's a pic taken by the RCMP (I was travelling in N.B.):
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

wow safe to say you are very lucky to be alive ... glad your still here to be posting..
Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

+1
Old 02-05-2010, 09:41 AM
ipanzer64
Intermediate

+2 for sure!..Hey Ice..that Forza3 on XBOX? or puter I have it on XBOX360
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
jumper5836