Notices

993 - this has got to be a hoax/scam

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure how Ebay gets involved but heck, if this was legit, they could just go to any corner used-car lot and sell that Audi quick for cash, duh.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snasrulla
I just offered $5k over asking, lets see what the response is.
Same routine, this is the response I got:

Subject: RE: 2007 Porsche 911
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:39:43 +0000

Hello,

First I want to thank you for question about the 2007 Porsche 911. The car is in perfect condition, no damage, perfect shape and the mileage is 2,889. It has all the papers and document and I am also the owner.The price is CAD $35,000 including shipping to your address (only in Canada). The car is located in Canada but currently I am located in Austria, because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents for a while. The transaction will be made only through ebay vehicle purchase protection program also the payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the car, I will receive the payment.

PS: If you are interested in buying it please provide me your FULL NAME and FULL ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

Thank you

Snap there are alot of divorcee's with expensive cars leaving the province/country and trying to offload them dirt cheap!! LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

didn't you hear? divorce lawyers have a promotion going on "Divorces for Porsches" ... i guess those getting divorces can't afford the car so they get rid of it cheap.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same pattern as usual... Had a little fun with him/her...

Kate James:
Hello JP,
First I want to thank you for being interested about my 1996 Porsche 911. The car is in perfect condition, no damage, never involved in accidents and the mileage is 58,743 KM. It has all the papers and document,the Vehicle Information Package and also the car is certified and e-tested. The price is CAD $14,200 including shipping and handling to your address (only in Canada). The car is located in Canada but currently I am located in London, United Kingdom, because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents for a while. The transaction will be made only through ebay vehicle purchase protection program also for our both safety,i prefer only legit transactions.The car is listed on eBay,get back to me so i can send you the listing to proceed.Where are you located?

JP:
Where is the car in Canada? I need to coordinate shipping.

Kate James:
Thank you for still being interested in buying my car, I will respond your inquires, but first let me explain you how the whole process for this transaction will work:

The car will be shipped from St. John's, I want to tell you that we will use ebay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them, eBay will supervise over our transaction. [10 more lines of BLA BLA BLA, I'll spare you the boredom...]

PS: Don't forget to send me your FULL NAME & FULL ADDRESS if you are really interested in this car. And also I will need them for further collaboration regarding the transaction and better explanation of the whole process!

JP:
Here is how this transaction will work:

- I track down the location from which this email was sent. If it's a house, I save the address. If it's a public location, I access the security cameras to identify you, and then I track you down and find your home address.
- Once this is done, I transfer you the money.
- Once you have received my money, I wait for 5 days to receive the car.
- If the car is not received within 5 days, I track you down with the local police and we arrest you for fraud. If you are not in Canada, you will be placed on a military plane and brought back into the country for trial.
- Maximum sentence for fraud is life in prison. If you behave well, you may get out after 15 or 20 years.

Where do I need to transfer the money again?

That was the end of the conversation. Radio silence after that. Of course the military plane, the sentence, etc. is all BS, but if for 10 seconds I instilled fear in this person, I'm calling it mission accomplished.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:04 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Bravo!

Quick Reply: 993 - this has got to be a hoax/scam