Two Interesting Cars for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
And both are worlds apart!!

The pricey one first. Located in Etobicoke.

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_C...8629&r=ontario

The next one from London Ontario with a 1600cc in it is at the other end of the scale. No wonder he says he know's of only four in Canada. Wow, even it's mother would vote this one off the island... I think the name 'Fiberfab' is an oxymoron to be frank. Registered as a 'VW Muir'?? Someone snuck something past MTO... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir_(Volkswagen)

Yet what is up with the plate on the back??

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ178101857
interesting to know what the dealer is trying to get for the "GT"...here is a 96 model- just above $500,000
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...526/index.html

and 05 for about $400,000
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...538/index.html

but for my $.....would have this clubsport. problem is getting them registered in N.Amer. - understand there are 4 legal on the road in USA (gerry seinfeld with 1).....any in canada?? if so can the owner send me a pm (considering going back to japan for few yrs this yr. - and would love to bring 1 back)

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...726/index.html
Old 01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for the clubsport
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

and rare for Japan - a left hand drive.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:47 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
and rare for Japan - a left hand drive.
i was posted there from 96 to 03....cannot recall ever seeing a RHD porsche....think they are all basically euro - spec (german) cars....(in japan there is no issue for imports-no special licensing arrangements, so lots of alfas, daimler product, etc are LHD...and of course p-cars)

this is most extensive listing service for used cars in japan (carsensor.net)....and here's porsche pages (approx 1100 used porsche) listed in descending order by price. i doubt you will find a right winger among them.

if you scan some of the listings....scroll thru the pages (til you get to reasonable price point!) you will see that these cars are all low milers (for example 964 series with which i am most familiar probably on average have less than 50,000-60,000km) and because of the rigid/extensive shakken (inspection-forced repair) system are impeccably maintained.

if the Yen weakens against the $ will make this good source for canadian market for those interested in cars over 15yrs old (easy to import under RIV regs).

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/sea...210610&BRDC=PO

some of most spectacular examples of 993 & 964 turbos on this site
Old 01-09-2010, 11:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

all the Porsches in Japan were Left hand drive .. I know quite a few guys who have Japanese Porches .. I few minor differences but definitely left hand drive.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
all the Porsches in Japan were Left hand drive .. I know quite a few guys who have Japanese Porches .. I few minor differences but definitely left hand drive.
Quite the safety issue for Japanese Porsche drivers.

A local has a right hand drive Supra and I never thought about it, but just imagine wanting to pass an endless line of traffic on the highway. By the time you can see oncoming traffic, 80% of your car is already in the oncoming lane.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
TURBO-951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8

A local has a right hand drive Supra and I never thought about it, but just imagine wanting to pass an endless line of traffic on the highway. By the time you can see oncoming traffic, 80% of your car is already in the oncoming lane.
Good point !
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

not really an issue, virtually all of the highways/expressways/major roads where speed is attainable are divided and multi/ laned.
(from experience)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:23 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
not really an issue, virtually all of the highways/expressways/major roads where speed is attainable are divided and multi/ laned.
(from experience)
You're talking about Japan? What about the back roads where driving is fun?

Over here, a right hand drive in an overtaking accident might get interesting in court if there is a seriously injured victim involved.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

You're talking about Japan? What about the back roads where driving is fun?

Over here, a right hand drive in an overtaking accident might get interesting in court if there is a seriously injured victim involved.
????the contiguous areas comprising greater tokyo (tokyo,chiba,kawasaki,yokohama) represent more than the total population of canada.
total population of japan is about 110million and land mass is only same size as great britain-but japan has only 50% the habitable area because of mountains & volcanos.
so what i'm saying is unless you live in a rural area (nigata...or northern island of hokkaido) just finding a quiet back road is a challenge!

cost of insurance/accident claims are treated no differently for right or left winger (and if you have clean driving record full coverage insurance is cheap...eg my 02 alfa 147 sports was about C$equivalent $800, my follower an
alfa GTA a little more). the real cost of older car ownership is "shakken" system-kicks in after (as i recall) car is 5 yrs or older. car must be inspected by licensed qualified shop, and any repair from oil leak to wiper blade to tires that the shop deems as needing repair/replacement must be done in order to get the certificate, which is needed for registration/insurance. you need a shakken every 2 yrs.
at a porsche shop the inspection would be approx C$equiv of $1200-1500, then add on shop labor/cost of parts.

it is for this reason older porsche (esp 964 series) are great candidates for importing especially from tokyo or oasaka areas. they are lo-milers (weekend drivers) and impeccably maintained/serviced by top end porsche mechanics.
no rust in central/western japan...problem today is high value of yen.

(from experience)

Quick Reply: Two Interesting Cars for Sale