Notices

Any of you guys into Audis?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 540 Posts
Default Any of you guys into Audis?

I'm thinking about getting an A5 as my daily driver. Any comments pro or con? 2.0T vs 3.2 opinions? Thanks in advance as I've never even sat in an Audi before
Old 12-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

research on www.vwvortex.com
Old 12-26-2009, 04:51 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife has a 2008 A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro (it's our second Audi after a 2004 Allroad).
The good: look, built quality, unstoppable in winter, quite and comfortable, good on gas
The not so good: service from the dealers we have tried is crap, reliability is questionable (on our last road trip to Florida, we had to make a stop at the Audi dealership in Charlotte, NC for warranty replacement of the resonance flap in the intake), not a driver's car (not anywhere near BMW 328 XiT driving pleasure).
Apparently, the new A4/A5 have a rear wheel drive bias (whereas our A4 is more front wheel drive driven, moving the power to the rear wheels only when required), making it more fun to drive.
When time comes for a replacement (October 2010), we will most likely get another A4 Avant (and if Audi Canada decides to bring it in, the S4 Avant )
Old 12-26-2009, 05:50 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm on my 4th Audi. Had an A4, two S4's and now an RS4. Audi interiors are often considered the best in the business. Mine have always been reliable, but you'll get differing opinions on this. I don't think they are any worse than your typical German car. A5 looks great. Quattro is also often considered the best when it comes to AWD. The torsen diff used to split 50:50 but now it's 40:60 for a bit more RWD feel. Unless you want to mod, I'd go with the n/a engine over the turbo.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

audi is the best car in winter. they have the best 4 wheel drive system, it is much better than any suv. my wife uses an a6 as a family car and nothing in the same class complares. they do have a reputation for sensor and electronic issues but nothing that complicated.
I like the s5.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm on my second S4, really enjoy the B7. Audis are great as an all season vehicle great in the winter, even for occasional track use.
Really like the S5, looking forward to the RS 5.
Dealer experience at Pfaff in Vaughan is exemplary, only second to
Pfaff Porsche.

Track video Audi S4.
http://gallery.me.com/ezweig#101578

username: motorsport
password: photography
Old 12-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm on my Second.

S6 sedan before and now A4 3.0 Avant both Quattro and kick *** in the snow.

I've always had ignition coil issues. A cheap fix and better yet ....Audi just had a massive Ignition Coil Recall. 6 free coils for me but there is nothing wrong with the ones I have on now.

The 2.0T always eats more coils.

Beware the Keyless Start Hi -tech package. I've got a friend with a 2009 who is having major issues with it. Other then that, his car is fine.

Guys with full factory warrentys will always find their Audi's to be flawless !!

A few years old out of warrenty......not too bad. Cheaper to keep then a Porsche.

On looks alone.....the S5 is a great buy. Who cares about anything else.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:57 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

My Audi A6 2.7 is the second best car I've ever owned (after the 911). I've had minimal mechanical issues - nothing out of the ordinary. It's fast - very fast, especially after chipping the twin turbo to get around 315 hp and 360 lbs ft torque.

The Quattro with snows in the winter will welcome any snow storm and will surpass any SUV in stability and traction. I've never been stuck, and man-oh-man, have I tried.

Mine has 210,000 kms now and it drives like the day I got it.

I love the A5 (or better yet S5), but I highly recommend a Turbo with an aftermarket chip. In any case, you cannot go wrong.

Call me up the next time we have a lot of snow and I'll take you for a test drive.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:32 AM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'02 A4 Quattro 3.0 is my wife's daily & our 'family' car for 4 years. We have owned it both in & out of warranty & service can get expensive. More or less equal to our now-sold 3 Series which also sucked cash. Very solid, stable & luxe. Not as 'darty' as the BMW but a better hwy cruiser. And the AWD makes it the best winter car I have ever had. Not easy on fuel fwiw.

We just had the ignition coils fail & repair was painless & N/C. A Christmas gift from Audi Canada. We service at Agincourt Autohaus since it is walking distance.

Yes. I would get another.

Ian

Last edited by imcarthur; 12-28-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 540 Posts

Thanks guys. I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I went to look at the A5 at Mississauga Audi today, but had a very poor sales experience. I just don't get why salespeople completely ignore you when they know that you are waiting to speak with them. The same thing happened at this dealership when I was comparing the Q7 to the Cayenne. I stood there for 20 minutes while the showroom was empty and not one salesperson bothered to get off their *** to see if I needed any help! I leased my Cayenne the next day...

Mississauga Audi is only 20 minutes from my house and 5 minutes from where I work, but maybe I'll give Pfaff a try later in the week.

I must say that the A5 is absolutely gorgeous!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:19 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

contact Alex Fretes at Audi of Mississauga. He is a very active and helpful member on the Audi websites and I am positive he'll get you a decent deal.

contact info:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/album....pictureid=5474
Old 12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Zedder
Thanks guys. I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I went to look at the A5 at Mississauga Audi today, but had a very poor sales experience. I just don't get why salespeople completely ignore you when they know that you are waiting to speak with them. The same thing happened at this dealership when I was comparing the Q7 to the Cayenne. I stood there for 20 minutes while the showroom was empty and not one salesperson bothered to get off their *** to see if I needed any help! I leased my Cayenne the next day...

Mississauga Audi is only 20 minutes from my house and 5 minutes from where I work, but maybe I'll give Pfaff a try later in the week.

I must say that the A5 is absolutely gorgeous!
Ask for Jeff Heacock at Pfaff Audi in Vaughan.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:40 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 alex at audi mississauga
Old 01-01-2010, 05:51 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

audi.....dependability ratings well below that of the japanese premier brands - esp lexus/infinity(less power as well and certainly after 5yrs....jpnese cars well remain more dependable) and audi generally less of a driver's vehicle than bmw. might as well buy top end of vw food chain inmo.

964 turbo look cab (previously among others, 2 bmw's - never again over priced/underpowered german commodities).
Old 01-01-2010, 06:02 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,131 Likes on 809 Posts

maybe you'd be interested in high end ZW instead !!! .. I hear you can get a good deal on a Phaeton locally

Quick Reply: Any of you guys into Audis?