Any of you guys into Audis?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:13 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I hear you can get a good deal on a Phaeton locally
Just make sure you get a CPO: just had the thermostat and water pump replaced under warranty. The VW dealer offered to replace the timing belt while at it and just charged for the part and 1 hour labor: $1,200.00 What a steal!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:27 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

OMG,,, you stole it.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:01 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
maybe you'd be interested in high end ZW instead !!! .. I hear you can get a good deal on a Phaeton locally
lol, only in the gta perhaps....
Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
audi is the best car in winter. they have the best 4 wheel drive system, it is much better than any suv.
Much better then any SUV? Really? I would strongly disagree with this point. Does Audi have a fantastic AWD system for a car? Yes. Is it one of the best on the market in terms of standalone AWD for a car? Yes.

Real SUVs (trucks) come with a transfer case that allows the driver to switch between drive systems. Throw me and my trick in a muddy field, I will switch my truck to 4wd low, lock the drive train, and be out of there in no time. Most AWD systems, including Audi, will eventually get stuck where a serious truck will simply drive out... To say that the Audi al wheel drive is better than any suv is a pretty big claim, and I would not agree to that after driving SUVs/trucks for many years.

YMMV,
P
Old 01-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didn't know the A5 came in a 2.0? that would have to be a little on the light side imo?

spouse got a 2010 A3 with sport package and seats. i have to say the seats are really quite amazing and the steering wheel and paddle shifters for the DSG were a better package than the Panamera 4s my dealer let me try for a few days - dam PDK toggles are stupid!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:04 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Throw me and my trick in a muddy field, I will switch my truck to 4wd low, lock the drive train, and be out of there in no time. Most AWD systems, including Audi, will eventually get stuck where a serious truck will simply drive out...
P
I'm pretty sure that claim was directed towards general snow / bad weather conditions on the roads, and not off-roading or mudding...

Having driven a variety of SUVs, trucks, Jeeps, etc, I feel much safer in my A6 on roads because of the low center of gravity, wheel base, traction control, Quattro system, etc., but a tractor pull, mud-bogging or jumping over parked cars after The Grave Digger.. I'd lose...
Old 01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

yes I meant on roads with bad weather. In bad weather I regularly pass SUVs both off the line and going up slippery hills etc. and the lower center of gravity and overall weight do definitley help.
I would take the audi in bad weather on roads over an SUV.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys into Audis?