Notices

Saw the salt trucks out yesterday :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,060 Likes on 756 Posts

yeah i got my first snowball in the face yesterday courtesy of my son who is picking snow out of his underwear..
Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

I noted white evidence on Bayview Extension area bridges and hills but figure as long as it isn't wet it isn't a problem.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,060 Likes on 756 Posts

wanna bet ? I used to think that until one year i put my motorcycle away ... al the salt crystals had settled on the pipes and with the humdity the next spring made small rust spots all over my pipes . I don't think it will affect you very much though ..
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 346 Posts

A salt truck or a brine wagon would have been appreciated this morning. My wife barely got onto the main street from the sub division when a jeep making a left from a street on the right over accelerated and rotated into our drivers door ripping it open and showing the interior with glass. She's ok and enjoying the Mazda 3 rental. I'll be surprised if the adjuster doesn't write the car off. Black ice, it's a killer.( that could be a song).
Old 12-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Holy crap, Jim. Wow, funny how the driving can be so different only 15 min. or so away. Here it's been fine. I'm putting the car away Friday, so enjoying it these last few days. I probably shouldn't be driving at all, knowing the Mg trucks have been out, but I figure it's only a bit, and she'll get a good wash and dry before going away. Hell, I've still got the r-compounds on from my last track day - haven't bothered changing them back yet, so I've been having fun carving corners, once they get a bit of heat in them (which is still very little...) Had a nice run at a wide, empty rural intersection today and realized how cold it was as I understeered most of the way through. Fun times...

Quick Reply: Saw the salt trucks out yesterday :(