Notices

H1N1 shot

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Nooch
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's working.......can't even spell anymore ( immune ).
Old 11-22-2009, 04:24 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by NITEALB
this whole swine flu thing has got be the biggest over reaction in health care i've ever seen. the vast majority of people who have spent the time/effort/pain/mild side effects to get/endure the h1n1 vaccine were only ever likely to get mild symptoms akin to the seasonal flu if they had contracted the "swine" flu. chill out gents, instead of wasting time getting the shot, go out and drive your car before the snow comes.....
At my age the disease would likely have minimal effect. The reason I got the shot is that I don't want to bring the virus home and share it with the family.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
Shot is safe, but doesn't have the long safety record of the seasonal flu vaccine to back it up.

One (the only?) advantage of heading the Infection control service at our hospital is that I had a nurse bring the shot to me.

A few chills and muscle pains are common, and don't mean anything sinister. And some small kids (under 6) seem to develop fever 5 to 7 days after the shot, also with no real ill effects.
My concern with the H1N1 vaccine is two fold.

Safety of the shot was determined by testing on 250 healthy adults and monitoring them for 6 days, no children were sampled healthy or otherwise.

Second concern is with the adjuvant Squalene, which IMHO is quite dangerous given that it is used in the laboratory to induce an Autoimmune reaction in mice for testing. If you examine the test data on the 250 healthy adults, 15% of those sampled experienced Arthralgia, Myalgia and Lymphadenopathy, with the Non Adjuvanated vaccine the percentage dropped to 3%. Those side effects may be transient, but how about those with Autoimmune diseases. Not tested
The experiment continues.......
Old 11-22-2009, 08:06 PM
PG993
Instructor

My family docs wife died of the flu vaccine last year and she is a Chief of Staff at a Toronto hospital to boot. She took the vaccine as a sign of confidence in the program for her staff.

No way your getting the, highly tested, "new and improved" H1N1 version in me either.

Note that there are currently about 36 severe reactions and 2 deaths resulting from the H1N1 vaccine and this is only a few weeks after the masses started taking it. The noticeable symptoms with this doctor that I mentioned did not really start until 4-6 few months after she took the flu shot. The numbers will only get worse.

The way I see it- If you are in a high risk environment like health care then prevention likely outweighs the risk of infection (which is highly likely). If you're sitting at home on rennlist then I'll chance getting the virus.

Paul
Old 11-22-2009, 09:14 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by PG993
My family docs wife died of the flu vaccine last year and she is a Chief of Staff at a Toronto hospital to boot. She took the vaccine as a sign of confidence in the program for her staff.

No way your getting the, highly tested, "new and improved" H1N1 version in me either.

Note that there are currently about 36 severe reactions and 2 deaths resulting from the H1N1 vaccine and this is only a few weeks after the masses started taking it. The noticeable symptoms with this doctor that I mentioned did not really start until 4-6 few months after she took the flu shot. The numbers will only get worse.

The way I see it- If you are in a high risk environment like health care then prevention likely outweighs the risk of infection (which is highly likely). If you're sitting at home on rennlist then I'll chance getting the virus.

Paul
Oh dear. How does one know that the flu shot is whut dun you in six months after? I suppose the arm falling off could be a clue.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:39 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jim 7
Oh dear. How does one know that the flu shot is whut dun you in six months after? I suppose the arm falling off could be a clue.
Trust me even if it was 10 days after the shot there wouldn't be a correlation.
Why do you think so many diseases are Idiopathic.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this very interesting. It's from the AMA about convincing a population to be vaccinated. I'm not getting the shot for many reasons, lack of testing, squalene, thermiosal, the fact that viruses mutate in every host on and on.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upl...lu_nowak02.pdf
Old 12-01-2009, 03:01 PM
TrackAddict
AutoX

Originally Posted by Imo000
The lack of long term testing of this scares the $hit out of me.
Me too, I'll take my chances for now.

Quick Reply: H1N1 shot