Where in GTA to get best deal on graphics cards for a PC

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
The have 295's but I don;t want to pay $600 for one.
greg,
what are you trying to run?

the reason i'm saying is because you should look for a "stopgap" card for now because the next set of bleeding edge games are going to come around late 2010 like diablo 3 etc at the same time that the new gen gfx cards come out so you might not want to get a bleeding edge card right now
Old 10-06-2009, 11:10 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Need for Speed Shift. Uses PhysX which my ATI card doesn't do. So need to get a nvidia card.

I should probably wait until the 300 series cards come out then the 200 series cards should drop in price.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Need for Speed Shift. Uses PhysX which my ATI card doesn't do. So need to get a nvidia card.

I should probably wait until the 300 series cards come out then the 200 series cards should drop in price.
Yeah once DirectX 11 comes out in full should the price should drop quite a bit. One of my favourite stores is www.pccanada.com .

I'm rocking out old school with my 8800GT, I remember my VooDoo 2000 card whoooooooooah. And before that Oregon Trail, it was so satisfying to go after the Bison........whoops, off topic!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:21 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,148 Likes on 822 Posts

hey I am still usuing my voodoo 3dfx card with my 4 meg ati video card so don't knock it ... it runs wolfenstein 3d , doom and heretic just fine ....
Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Was browsing redflag and came across this page.

http://redflagdeals.pricecanada.com/...1170AR-602447/

Lowest price they have is $255 at bestdirect.ca
Old 10-07-2009, 09:00 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
hey I am still usuing my voodoo 3dfx card with my 4 meg ati video card so don't knock it ... it runs wolfenstein 3d , doom and heretic just fine ....
I remember having a voodoo card to play quake and mega team fortress. Damn thats going back.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

bumping this because i just got pricing from my PC guy and his prices are significantly lower than popular toronto nerd shops like Canada Computer.

If anyone needs something let me know and i'll pass on his info.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

It doesn't matter how fast the card is I still crash the X-15-3! I always get into a hell of a lot of PIO down low and end up eating dirt.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
It doesn't matter how fast the card is I still crash the X-15-3! I always get into a hell of a lot of PIO down low and end up eating dirt.
Dude, what happened to all the sweet air combat simultors that we used to have on pc?!

hell..even a decent arcade flight game would be nice as long as i get to light up some F4's. Only consoles seem to get flight games now.

Back in the day there used to be Jane's F-15, ATF, Falcon 4.0, Microsoft Combat Simulator, Eurofighter 2000 etc...

Are kids getting lazier or something?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
Dude, what happened to all the sweet air combat simultors that we used to have on pc?!

hell..even a decent arcade flight game would be nice as long as i get to light up some F4's. Only consoles seem to get flight games now.

Back in the day there used to be Jane's F-15, ATF, Falcon 4.0, Microsoft Combat Simulator, Eurofighter 2000 etc...

Are kids getting lazier or something?
Supply and demand I guess. Kid's just want to crash stuff or kill something and they want to do it NOW. They get bored if they have to do something lame like enter waypoints and configure bug settings. Can't get INSTANT gratification - then they don't want to try it. Thats what all these XBoxes and other consoles do and they only pay developers who give them the 'drive through' of programming instead of the 'fine dinning' of proper sims.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Supply and demand I guess. Kid's just want to crash stuff or kill something and they want to do it NOW. They get bored if they have to do something lame like enter waypoints and configure bug settings. Can't get INSTANT gratification - then they don't want to try it. Thats what all these XBoxes and other consoles do and they only pay developers who give them the 'drive through' of programming instead of the 'fine dinning' of proper sims.
which brings me to my next complaint: 6 hr single player story modes.
....WHAT THE F*&K?!
I'm pretty sure the Ps2/dreamcast/xbox1 were the last generation to have really good storyline driven games that made you feel like you got your 60$ worth.

All the games this gen can be finished in 5-8hrs. Ninja Gaiden for xbox was a 20 hour game easily. Ditto for the old school Resident Evil games.

Look at the new Halo: ODST....$60 for a damned 5 hr story mode plus multi-player.

First Person Shooters are making programmers lazy....i'm going to have to start dropkicking left and right at E3.

Quick Reply: Where in GTA to get best deal on graphics cards for a PC