Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BGregovski
Have any of you been given a warning ??,
No. Never once. And thanks for bringing up another sore point

Every single time I've been pulled over (6 times in 17 years) I've been given a ticket. Every single damn time. The only time I've been pulled over and NOT ticketed is RIDE programs.

Discretion at work? Tell that to the constable from the Brant OPP detachment who pulled me over for speeding on an empty road, perfect weather, family in the car (so I'm less likely to be doing anything unsafe), clearly a responsible adult when I'm talking to him, no signs of alcohol, absolutely not a drop of attitude, and he wouldn't even lower the ticket - the full shebang.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
MY86Carrera
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never got a warning...........I'm not standing near you during a thunderstorm
Old 10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

I have never had one either in allmost 30 years of driving , and I am always extremely respectfull and never belligerant ...
just figured someone was trying to win the microwave,,,
Old 10-05-2009, 05:33 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

I almost never not get one! Lucky I guess.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

Same here... always behave in a very repectful manner and don't make any excuses and have never got a warning or reduction. Maybe its because each time I have been pulled over it was after three years of clean driving with no record, so perhaps the officer assumes I already have had a warning?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
MY86Carrera
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap.........have any of you been given a "warning"
Old 10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

As I stated: I hardly ever get a ticket. I've gotten off with warnings 90% of the time.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BGregovski
Holy crap.........have any of you been given a "warning"
once in a mazda3. was coming around a slight bend at 10 over and an officer in bumper to bumper northbound traffic spun around on avenue road and flicked on his cherries (was about 6 inches away from my rear quarter when he came to a stop i might add).

He was very cordial and we ran thru the usual do you know how fast you were going, i told him point blank I was going X speed and he thought i was going faster, let me off with a warning and we parted ways.

Given that he had no radar reading and I wasn't driving like a jackhole or weaving, I don't feel like he should have pulled the risky U-turn that he did, but apart from that he was very polite, definitely looked like he had a few years experience.

Then again maybe he just let me off because it was close to christmas and he didn't feel like giving me a ticket 4 blocks from my house.

--------------

Edit: oh, and once on my infamous GP Bikes Demo Day motorcycle ride, but he said i was pulled over for unregistered plates so i don't really count that one.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Never Never Never!
Many (6) tickets and not a single break from day one. I've always been told by cop friends to be nice and polite, ya right like that helps one ****. I strongly believe that cops tell everyone to be nice so they don't have to deal with the arguing public trying to defend themselves on the spot for sensless tickets which cannot be dispued in court. Cops always tell you to fight it in court knowing very well that you won't stand a chance. As far as I'm concerned that's an insult.
I'm glad they're nailing themselves for these speeding infractions, getting a taste of their own medicine.

Judging by what was posted on the police forum, most are upset that they are being treated like the general pop and believe they should be able to do as they please with no repercussions. They think they're above the law and when they're proven wrong they bitch and complain. Maybe if they are polite and obedient when stopped they will be given a break. Lol

What I don't understand is how come none are in any way one bit understanding? You try to justify yoursellf or bring up the possibility that his judgement at that time may be a bit questionable (and in no way being cocky cause we all know where that get's you) and that's when they feel the need to flex even more police muscle. Why not give us a break once in a while.

In my industry I'm always giving customers a break when they do something wrong. It's in my nature that customers feel trusted when dealing with me. I don't feel the need to have to nail them every chance I get. I actually feel good about myself when I save them something or help them when they are most vulnerable. It makes us good poeple, the kind others want to be around and that's why I could never be a cop.

Last edited by Shemmer; 10-06-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:30 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Maybe Brad can straighten me out on this one but i actually heard that police will tell you to take it to court everytime so they can claim overtime going to court for all these cases.. can you imagine if an officer had to go to court for every ticket he wrote ... cha ching ....

PS .. i will be in court February .... but the girl who gave me the ticket was pretty hawt so it may be worth the 300.00 dollars ..
Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Shemmer
Pro

I don't think Brad can say too much regarding court and overtime. If he get's caught telling us some "inside" information like that he could get into some real trouble.
I know a couple of retired cops and have known them for many years and they have told me on seperate occasions that they have to be very carefull when dealing with other officers within the same division, on the force and especially other juristictions in that they can't be trusted as far as they can throw a stone. They always had a feeling they could be stabbed in the back at any time by one of their co-workers. What a job.
I was actually told by one cop friend that he had to be very carefull if ever approaching another cop regarding a ticket. You just don't know who you're dealing with sometimes I guess.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Ok here's a job that would make you want to jump off a bridge. A green hornet / meter maid. Could you imagine all day every day, in a row, you do nothing but **** people off by stinging them with a parking ticket or as quietly as possible have their car towed away but not before issuing a couple of tickets. I can't imagine myself having any sense of worth nor to society.

There can never be a pleasant interaction with a customer or client, no return business, no letters of appreciation from customers, no magazine write-ups, never a phone call to your boss stating a job well done, no referrals and never a thank you throughout your whole career. That's gotta take it's tole somewhere along the line. These people must have one hell of an outer shell. I wonder what they do when they go home to their families. Do their houses get egged at Halloween? Do their kid's have friends?

You couldn't pay me enough to do that even for one day. I like to feel like I've helped someone in some way each day and that what I do each day is appreciated. I guess it's just how I've been brought up. Silly parents.

Rant over.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

kind of like working in the tax collection dept in the government....
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Shemmer
Pro

That's a good one too. I have proof of that. A really close family friend works for the GST office and well let's just say he's got the personality of......... I better stop there.
Their only purpose is to report back to their superiors that they have clawed something back.
The only diffference with them is they make really good money.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Never had a warning in 20 years of driving. I never blow red lights. I never run stop signs. Ever. To me that's more dangerous than doing a buck forty on the 401 on a July afternoon.

I do believe though that Ontario's speed laws (on 400 series highways) have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation. If safety were of such paramount importance why do we have to get a stupid e-test every 2 years (cha-ching) but vehicles are not required to pass a safety inspection except when they transfer ownership (1 tons and larger excepted)?

I don't understand why the good police officers put up with the **** from the bad ones. It's the bad ones that give all officers a bad name in the eyes of the public (as well as doing stupid things to collect $$ rather than target improper lane changes, tailgating, gangs, vandalism, stolen vehicles etc.) Protecting their own is alienating the public yet they are baffled when the public won't help them. Hmmm ...

Years ago when I was still going to university I was on my way to an exam. Out of the blue I was pulled over in a 60 zone. Funny, the road is clear and I didn't see any cops parked doing radar. Officer tries to get me to say why I was pulled over or how fast I was going and that he caught me on stationary radar. Hmmm .. he comes back with "I was driving the other way but you were moving. Here's your ticket." Thanks you lying bastard.

The one thing I've learned from my interactions with police is to keep my mouth shut.

Quick Reply: Just to stir up some sh!t