Notices

2009 Toronto Exotics Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Corrado
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer your question why there were Corvettes there on the cruise, we were INVITED by Charles on the Corvette Forum. We didn't just "show up".

I have met many of you at the Chapters GTGs and can say you all seem like great guys who love your cars like we love ours. Please don't live up to the "Porsche drivers stereotype". No need for a holier than thou attitude.

To P1-EH, the black (It's called Cyber grey) Vette is my good friend's car. He has a supercharged 402 (among many other custom mods) and it is a total beast and definitely was one of the faster, if not fastest cars there. (over 1000 hp to the rear wheels!!) It has a very distinctive sound, more like a jet than a car, its one bad machine. The owner is a very nice guy and humble too, and he has tons of great track stories too. Its always a blast cruising with him.

Last edited by Corrado; 08-17-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
P1-EH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Corrado

To P1-EH, the black (It's called Cyber grey) Vette is my good friend's car. He has a supercharged 402 (among many other custom mods) and it is a total beast and definitely was one of the faster, if not fastest cars there. (over 1000 hp to the rear wheels!!) It has a very distinctive sound, more like a jet than a car, its one bad machine. The owner is a very nice guy and humble too, and he has tons of great track stories too. Its always a blast cruising with him.
Holy ****! I really regret not meeting him now. I wonder what kind of rubber he has to try and manage 1000HP.

BTW, 100% agree with the rest of your post.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 AM
SilversurferC6
4th Gear

Had such a blast! Whomever put this together really deserves the accolades. got some great photos of mostly the model and some cars LOL. My thanks to the organizers.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 PM
PALETTE
Racer

Guys it was a great Cruise! now leave the BS alone! We all did stupid mistakes no one got hurt, or ticketed. so LET IT GO! I invited a Vette weather it was an Exotic or not, its a nice looking Car that gets looks!
I wish we did this 2 times a year but not to Wasaga! the traffic and getting lost was killer! All in all it was a great even!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Other than the Carrera GT, can someone explain how anyone can think Porsche is an exotic? I see more P cars on the road than any other car out there.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Originally Posted by PALETTE
Guys it was a great Cruise! now leave the BS alone! We all did stupid mistakes no one got hurt, or ticketed. so LET IT GO! I invited a Vette weather it was an Exotic or not, its a nice looking Car that gets looks!
I wish we did this 2 times a year but not to Wasaga! the traffic and getting lost was killer! All in all it was a great even!
It's not a mistake when done on purpose. And it's also the reason we have these stupid over 50kph and stunting laws in place.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:03 PM
PALETTE
Racer

Sorry Wrong word, How about we all do STUPID THINGS... Better? That Law is a cash grab Nothing more then that! we all do off the wall things,but not like some kids out there in there cars. The Best one i heard was the lady in the SUV serving to avoid the debris falling off the truck in front of her and the cop was behind her and pulls her over for Cutting him off!! Nice !! Support our boys in Blue!!
You can kill someone and have to be proving Guilty, you do something on the road no one gets hurt and you have to prove your innocence.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Originally Posted by PALETTE
Sorry Wrong word, How about we all do STUPID THINGS... Better? That Law is a cash grab Nothing more then that! I've been Str**T racing for 24 years and we are as care full as can be, not like some kids out there in there cars.
Not really. Those few drivers chose to pass into oncoming traffic, pass on double lines. How do you rationalize what they did compared to what kids are doing on the streets. It's no different. Luckily, there wasn't a situation where someone could have gotten hurt, or worse.

I agree that the stunting law is a cash grab. But it's only a cash grab if people are doing those stupid "things" and get caught. My only beef with that particular law is the road side seizure. I want my day in court. Issue me a ticket or summons, suspend my license, hell, even arrest me, but do not seize my car and/or personnal belongings.

That law was also supposed to act as a deterrent. Get the drivers NOT to break that law to avoid the stiff fines and seizures, but it doesn't seem to be working that way.

Regardless, it looked like a great turnout at the Exotics cruise. I was surprised to see no Lambo's in any of the pictures posted here, on FChat or any other forum. No Lambo's show up?

They really need to improve the beach strip on Wasaga. It's so...1950's. Make it more car and pedestrian friendly for today's environment.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
PALETTE
Racer

Your 10000% right !

Yea Wasaga was ehhhhh ok, No Lambos, guess they figured they would break down along the way. LOL
Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,116 Likes on 798 Posts

too humid for lambos .. don't they only come out one week per year ...
Old 08-17-2009, 05:21 PM
PG993
Instructor

All in all the ride was great but you're right speedyellow, the guy in the other yellow 993 was driving crazy. On HWY 24 going north he crossed over the yellow line to pass and he couldn't get back in time. He actually forced the oncoming SUV to veer off on the gravel shoulder to avoid a head on. I was 100m behind him and couldn't believe how close it was.

Again on 24 the black mustang "something or other" lined up with a guy in a white "jap job" and they hammered it-twice. Don't care much about either of these cars but boy can they move.

Paul
Old 08-17-2009, 06:36 PM
revolution993
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

The cruise was amazing and met alot of really nice people props to speedyellow993 and his brothere Ed and friend to help me find my way back to the highway.
Also Zookie and your friend with the GT2 you guys have really nice cars, if you guys ever decide to come up to Montreal next year for the GP let me know i will take you guys around town.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we used to plan the mixed exotics cruise in the NSX club we would always have one or two strangers showed up who don't post on a forum or belong to a club. 9 times out of 10 any stupid driving was done by those guys.

I find that belonging to a club like PCA or chatting on RL seems to almost pre-qualify people to be decent on the cruise. We used to keep routes etc secret so no one could tag along.

Sorry I missed it!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Corrado
AutoX

Originally Posted by swbatte
When we used to plan the mixed exotics cruise in the NSX club we would always have one or two strangers showed up who don't post on a forum or belong to a club. 9 times out of 10 any stupid driving was done by those guys.

I find that belonging to a club like PCA or chatting on RL seems to almost pre-qualify people to be decent on the cruise. We used to keep routes etc secret so no one could tag along.

Sorry I missed it!
Very true!!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Guys I'm glad you all had a great time and I'd like to thank the organizers for their time and patience for providing us with such a fantastic cruise which I might add went off without a hitch and virtually uneventfull.
However, I wasn't really expecting all this bad talk amongst friends though. We all get along pretty good and there is no need to cut each other down whether it's by what kind of car we drive or otherwise. I'd bet my car that there isn't one guy on this forum that didn't do something "stupid" at one time or another, especially when the testosterone flows (That almost sounds like Testarossa, cool) so it's best to keep our coments to ourselves, stop calling the kettle black and not create enemies on this forum or across any other parallel car forum.
I think in keeping the peace, I along with others, have decided to close this thead before it gets out of hand.
Thanks to all again and play nice next time!!

Quick Reply: 2009 Toronto Exotics Cruise