OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_34954.aspx

What i dont get it, he is suspended with PAY, thats like a Paid Vacation... I hope this guy burns

BTW his Court date is at Ontario Court of Justice at 7755 Hurontario Street, Brampton on July 13, 2009. Any up for a GTG?
This story illustrates so well exactly why the "street racing law" is problematic: it assigns penalty without due process, and is therefore open to all kinds of abuse. Similarly, though, I agree with the suspension with pay until the clown is proven guilty.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 AM
MY86Carrera
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for those unfamiliar with Pickle Lake...get a map of Ontario, then look at the back (the B side) yes there is one. It will be mostly white and look somewhere around the middle, to the upper 1/3

here is a link http://geology.com/canada/ontario.shtml

No roads in ( well maybe in the winter ) fly in only

Brad
Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brad....isn't it funny how most people hate COPs until they need one and suddenly they are your best friend?

A true love hate relationship.....
Old 06-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BGregovski
....as for this quote I would disagree, every one is entitled to there day, and most people don't lose there job before court.
This is the heart of the issue concerning the stunting and 50K over law. There is an INSTANT penalty without due process. I don't think anyone has an issue with a judge giving out a penalty - we already have this in HTA.

They completely ignore the fact that most deaths involving auto's take place in intersections in 50K zones. You can hit a car, be charged with careless and on your way you go - NO flatbed to the pound. Spin up your tires at a light and be charged with stunting? Tow job and thousands of dollars all on an 'opinion' of the witness against you.

This revision of the HTA was political in nature as this Government was under fire from the Tory's for being 'soft on crime'. We've given lawyers more income at the expense of common sense. So one group cries I want my due process and pay cheque while another group is told to F off and get in the cab with the flat bed driver!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:42 PM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill N
This story illustrates so well exactly why the "street racing law" is problematic: it assigns penalty without due process, and is therefore open to all kinds of abuse.
+1 ... and by extension

"Similarly, though, I agree with the suspension with pay until the clown is proven guilty."

+1

.... all our laws should be applied on the same premise; innocent until proven guilty. Regrettably we seem to have lost our way in one part of this equation ....
Old 06-02-2009, 03:44 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill N
This story illustrates so well exactly why the "street racing law" is problematic: it assigns penalty without due process, and is therefore open to all kinds of abuse.
i completely agree. if ontario decides that major penalties should be given for 50 over, fine. but at least give everyone the right to argue their case before assigning penalties. you get penalties whether innocent or guilty which i find ridiculous.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
i completely agree. if ontario decides that major penalties should be given for 50 over, fine. but at least give everyone the right to argue their case before assigning penalties. you get penalties whether innocent or guilty which i find ridiculous.
I don't think this law would stand if it were challenged. Who has big enough pockets to do this? anyone? anyone? bueller?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
picus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Brad, unfortunately the bad ones damage the image of the good ones.
Absolutely, it's a real shame. I have good friends who are police officers, some of the nicest guys I know - but we all have our stories about "jerk" cops. I do hope this works out for you, Zook.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:43 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, back to the original question, do we have a GTG at the court house? Can anyone say tail gate party. Imagine the media attention a bunch of Porsche's would get. Then we could speak all of these valid thoughts that we are writing about right into the lens of the camera.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Well most of us respect the police and what they have to do .. it is NOT a pretty Job and I can say I would never want to do it .. but that said I wonder how the police feel when they do years and years of training to servie and protect and are sitting at the side of the road collecting tax money for the mcsquinty-fantino syndicate.
I am sure it wont be pretty when I am getting chewed out by the judge for my speeding ticket in about a month ...
Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Sputter
Pro

Seems to me there was a road. We drove in but flew out in an Otter or Beaver (which ever is the twin engine). We were clearing crown land for camp sites.

Originally Posted by BGregovski
for those unfamiliar with Pickle Lake...get a map of Ontario, then look at the back (the B side) yes there is one. It will be mostly white and look somewhere around the middle, to the upper 1/3

here is a link http://geology.com/canada/ontario.shtml

No roads in ( well maybe in the winter ) fly in only

Brad
Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Sputter
Pro

Nobody here said any such thing.
Your line is such a bad cliche. You ripped that line from somewhere, a B movie but damned if I can recall which one.

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
Brad....isn't it funny how most people hate COPs until they need one and suddenly they are your best friend?

A true love hate relationship.....
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
Okay, back to the original question, do we have a GTG at the court house?
Well according to my Paraleagel who is going to be there for 9am, he said "IF" its open to Public you goota be there 8am coz it will take an hour to get thru Secutrity, and there is going to be a hugh line up.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

It would be woth showing up to see if Zook can make it ANYWHERE by 8:00am
Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default Ugh!!

Zookie is like one of those super models. He doesn't get out of be for anything less then $10,000 and especially not before 8:00am.

Quick Reply: OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops