OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
Default OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_34954.aspx

As some of you may know, i had my car impounded by this same officer on Heloween 2008. Im having a meeting with my Lawyer tonite to see my options. Also i have been already contacted by a Toronto Star reporter.

What i dont get it, he is suspended with PAY, thats like a Paid Vacation... I hope this guy burns

BTW his Court date is at Ontario Court of Justice at 7755 Hurontario Street, Brampton on July 13, 2009. Any up for a GTG?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,026 Likes on 730 Posts

i might actually be up for that .. I have been there enough times ... nice to see the shoe on the other foot .. sorry Brad ..
Old 06-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

LOL at GTG....can you imagine a court house parking lot full of Porsches and Crown Vics?....

On the other hand, I would expect a lot of inspections and 1km/h over the limit would be prosecuted vigorously....
Old 06-01-2009, 06:18 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

...and littering charges as we drop fine cuban ashes and cigar clippings on the ground!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,026 Likes on 730 Posts

But what a united way to show opposition to the stunting laws...
Old 06-01-2009, 07:11 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
But what a united way to show opposition to the stunting laws...
My way!

Watch a cop peel out doing a right hand turn from a stop sign. He had tire squeal and loss of grip and his car fish tailed away.
100 meters later he has a guy pulled over and walking to his car.
I lean out the passengers window and tell him to watch his own driving. Big fat cop then scratches his head.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will have some time off then I am certainly up to lending some support on this one.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:01 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Zookie, I was actually going to post this since I remembered that's where you got pulled over when I read the article.

You should sue them for a set of right side tires...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM
PALETTE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

James!! what happened to you and I found more throttle?? We are going to Cayuga Wed night for some 1/4 mile drags.. You interested?

btw.. I founds some more to....
Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd love to, but it wouldn't be worth me snapping my 27 year old drive shafts just to beat your 900 hp monster.

I'll spectate though, depending on when you go.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 PM
PALETTE
Racer

HAHAHAHA thats Hilarious your car is the Monster of the street!! We are leaving at 5:30ish
Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by peritus
Zookie, I was actually going to post this since I remembered that's where you got pulled over when I read the article.

You should sue them for a set of right side tires...
Thanks, yes i had a meeting with my lawyer tonite, Law Suit is in order... but we gotta wate untill the July 13th to see what happens
Old 06-02-2009, 07:39 AM
MY86Carrera
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iceman - not to worry I have very thick skin....somebody please pass a tissue

What i dont get it, he is suspended with PAY, thats like a Paid Vacation... I hope this guy burns
....as for this quote I would disagree, every one is entitled to there day, and most people don't lose there job before court. You are released - with conditions - retrun to a somewhat normal life and wait until court ( which we all know can get delayed many times ) So paid vacation..........I'm thinking not so much.

oh and don't worry if Criminal Court dosen't turn out like you all hope...he will face Police Act charges (something private citizens don't), and if that falls short, disiplinary actions, and so on down to DE-motion, loss of salary, and maybe a transfer to Pickle Lake ( ya it a real detachment, look on the 'B' side of the map near the top ) So to sum it up he is in poo.

So ends the lesson..............remember it is realy a difficult job to do...you always are telling people what they are doing is wrong, (something most don't like to hear) and making decisions in seconds with no chance to "look at the replay". It is a great job which most take a lot of pride in being given the privilege to do......

Brad

PS - good luck Zook
Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by BGregovski

....as for this quote I would disagree, every one is entitled to there day, and most people don't lose there job before court. You are released - with conditions - retrun to a somewhat normal life and wait until court ( which we all know can get delayed many times ) So paid vacation..........I'm thinking not so much.

oh and don't worry if Criminal Court dosen't turn out like you all hope...he will face Police Act charges (something private citizens don't), and if that falls short, disiplinary actions, and so on down to DE-motion, loss of salary, and maybe a transfer to Pickle Lake ( ya it a real detachment, look on the 'B' side of the map near the top ) So to sum it up he is in poo.

So ends the lesson..............remember it is realy a difficult job to do...you always are telling people what they are doing is wrong, (something most don't like to hear) and making decisions in seconds with no chance to "look at the replay". It is a great job which most take a lot of pride in being given the privilege to do......

Brad

PS - good luck Zook

Brad, unfortunately the bad ones damage the image of the good ones.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Sputter
Pro

Pickel lake, you mean up in Northen Ont? Sioux Lookout way?.
Heheh, that IS the middle of nowhere. I spent a summer up there with the MNR. The only entertainment is .

Jim

Originally Posted by BGregovski

Brad

PS - good luck Zook

Quick Reply: OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops