Seat dyes...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:35 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
Tip:

If you want to clean your leather seats use the Mister Clean Magic Erasure in normal size. Keep rinsing it and wipe up with a damp towel. I saw this last night at HPCARS were the detailer used it on DIRTY almost blackened grey seats and panels. Man did these come out CLEAN!!!! He used it on the vinyl door panels with the same results ....
I have tried this on steering wheels. It takes out some of the old sheeen/shine from the leather.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:18 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen his work at my friends shop, HPCARS, Mario send the better cars to him to clean up ... well worth it.
Jaak, Gerry did mention that Heimrath (before HPCARS) provided him many of his customers. Mario does the same now.
Tip:

If you want to clean your leather seats use the Mister Clean Magic Erasure in normal size. Keep rinsing it and wipe up with a damp towel. I saw this last night at HPCARS were the detailer used it on DIRTY almost blackened grey seats and panels. Man did these come out CLEAN!!!! He used it on the vinyl door panels with the same results ....
I don't know if my seats will ever be THAT dirty that I’ll need to borrow Mr. Clean's magic rubber . I use a leather cleaner by Leatherique. This product used in conjunction with the Rejuvinator will make your seats look new again - no affiliation yada yada. The dye needs to be healthy looking or it may intensify any imperfections; hence my dilemma.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But the hot chick in the leather pants ... she left marks .....

This is a hint for those that have been a bit negligent in their cleaning habits or when they get another vehicle.

I use the Lexol products ... they seem to work quite well.

Quick Reply: Seat dyes...