Notices

Anyone programmed a new remote for a 993?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone programmed a new remote for a 993?

I bought a new remote / key fob for my 993 but the darn thing doesn't work until it is reprogrammed. I have seen some instructions in the owner's manual for disengaging the immobilizer but the apparent instructions for doing what I want to do is quite confusing. Pfaff motors wants $65 on top of the $200 to do the programming but the service department won't even return my calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Glenn
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
I bought a new remote / key fob for my 993 but the darn thing doesn't work until it is reprogrammed. I have seen some instructions in the owner's manual for disengaging the immobilizer but the apparent instructions for doing what I want to do is quite confusing. Pfaff motors wants $65 on top of the $200 to do the programming but the service department won't even return my calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Glenn
You might need the dealer to program it. Give Khalil Khan (service manager) at Downtown Porsche a call...he'll return your calls.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the process, found on the 993 Forum:

1. Unlock the car with the remote and wait at least 3 minutes for the immobilizer to prime.

2. Switch the ignition on. The warning light (looks like a remote symbol) in the clock will go on and then off after 15 seconds.

3. Switch the ignition off and on again within 5 seconds. The warning light in the clock will light up and start to flash after 15 seconds.

4. Start to enter the key code within 5 seconds. Enter the code by turning the key off-on for each digit of the code. Wait for the warning light in the clock to come back on between each digit of the code. For example: 1302

1 = ignition off-on
wait for warning light to come on
3 = ignition off-on, off-on, off-on
0= ignition off-on (10 times)
2=ignition off-on, off-on

5. If the number was entered correctly the warning light will flash after the last digit is entered. When the light is flashing the remote can be programmed and MUST be programmed within one minute.

6. Press the button on the remote until the LED of the alarm system flashes. Operate all the remotes one after the other, wait for the LED to flash after each.

7. When all of the remotes are programmed (no more than 4) switch the ignition off
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks a million Arnaud! You da man! Thanks Phil for the tip about Downtown. I will keep Khalil's name on file. See you guys on Saturday. Tomorrow I will meet Bruce Farrow. He is coming to do the appraisal on my car. I am looking forward to chatting with him about it. Best Regards - Glenn P.S. Phil - I thought you would like to know that I put the youtube clip on my Itouch and have shared it with many. It's really well done.

Quick Reply: Anyone programmed a new remote for a 993?