Notices

Anyone imported from Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 01:28 PM
Soup
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Imported our Land Cruiser ourselves using a broker there to place the bid, pick up the car, arrange transport, and then a customs broker here who handled the paperwork.

Japan broker was approx $1000 for his services and the customs broker here charged $165 for their services. Was the first time I've imported a JDM car "myself" and was surprisingly easy.

As most aircooled cars in Japan are now 15+ year old and eligible for export to most parts of the world, I'm not sure if there's much meat left on the bone by the time you factor in shipping and duties and fees unless you're looking for a specific spec we didn't get in NA.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:41 PM
lamborghini
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have imported a few Mercedes Gwagens with Sean from Zen Auto (Calgary Alberta). He was great to deal with and made the experience super easy!
Old 06-19-2022, 03:46 PM
DCYT
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am also interested in importing a car from Japan.
Anyone has had any success recently with an agent/broker bringing a call from Japan to Toronto?

Thx!
Old 06-22-2022, 10:00 AM
afflux
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've imported through JDMconnection in the past and it was very simple, they take care of the paperwork and logistics.
I'm curious about insurance for an imported LHD car. For those who have imported RHD, know it's a pain to find insurance in Ontario.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:25 AM
MKMK
4th Gear

Originally Posted by DCYT
I am also interested in importing a car from Japan.
Anyone has had any success recently with an agent/broker bringing a call from Japan to Toronto?

Thx!
Contact me, I've done it 6 times so far. Will make sure you get the car here for the best possible price vs. other dealers. I have one 996 turbo for sale currently as well...
Old 11-26-2022, 04:58 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by MKMK
Contact me, I've done it 6 times so far. Will make sure you get the car here for the best possible price vs. other dealers. I have one 996 turbo for sale currently as well...
You don’t appear to be set up to receive Personal Messages here. So how does one contact you?
Old 11-26-2022, 05:24 PM
MKMK
4th Gear

Default Try now

Originally Posted by vetfever
You don’t appear to be set up to receive Personal Messages here. So how does one contact you?

Try now please

Quick Reply: Anyone imported from Japan?