Notices

Beware of potholes

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008 | 09:53 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Default Beware of potholes

After leaving Artisano's today I saw 2 cruisers on the westbound QEW at Kipling blocking one lane. There was an Audi broken down with 2 right side flat tires.
A couple of hours later on the eastbound Gardiner there was another cruiser on the shoulder behind a PT cruiser. It had 2 left side flats. A couple hundred yards ahead was a Toyota Echo with a flat tire.
I've noticed with the recent snow the potholes have come early this year and in great numbers. They are much larger than what I remember seeing last year.
Old 12-28-2008 | 02:28 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

..and it doesn't help when the plows are scraping the roads ... with no snow .. where were they last friday ???
Old 12-28-2008 | 04:54 PM
Bahama
Pro

Not to worry, Fascist Fantino rules will soon have those getting flats on public roadways paying for the cost to repair, not only their suspension and tires, but also the potholes they drove through. Too bad citizens can't band together with a class action suit against the city for this kind of ongoing crap. I mean were is the accountability for these so called road repairs (Isn't the bridge at Yonge/401under some sort of repair year after year after year). I guess that's life in the big city where the roadway infrastructure is over 50 years old and the Ministry is standing by with caulk in hand hoping to just simply and repeatedly (if necessary) superficially and temporarily fill in the cracks/holes. Whew, glad to have that one off my chest.
Old 12-28-2008 | 06:49 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Fantino has a crack problem. Fantino's plan:if you get a flat from a pothole you must have been streetracing! so pay!
Old 12-28-2008 | 09:26 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

I just drove back from up north, Sudbury has more pot holes then pavement.
Old 12-29-2008 | 09:30 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Stop complaining!
Old 12-29-2008 | 01:12 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
Stop complaining!
Easy for you to say. You don't have Fantino running the show.
Old 12-29-2008 | 09:58 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

At around 5:30 today I saw another Mercedes with two flat tires being hooked up to a tow truck on the w/b QEW by the 427 split. There must be one hell of a hole there.
Old 12-30-2008 | 12:47 PM
PPo
Drifting

Carefull.. At the end of the DVP, if you use the Lakeshore exit on the left (from the "fast" lane) there is a HUGE pothole that is really tough to see... Last night after the drive back from Ottawa, and almost home, my Durango took a huge hit! I was surprised nothing was immediatly damaged... Checking it out tonight...
Old 12-30-2008 | 01:20 PM
the911Tprocess
8th Gear

I thought this could only happen to me, I got two flat tires on my BMW on christmas day, try to get CAA to tow you on that day. Got to the in laws a few hours late.

I had to buy 4 new winter tires since, you guessed it, they couldnt find any of the same winter tires I had on my car. Quebec came up a few times in the conversation hense the shortage of winter tires in Ontario.

The pot hole was in the middle lane on the Allen exp way going North. Cant believe there was a pot hole that size on a major road. Hopefully with the the "economic stimulus package" coming maybe the deteriorating nature of our roads will be stopped or minimized. Not holding my breath.

Christmas was pretty costly.

Be Safe!

Mark
Old 01-01-2009 | 01:59 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Many years ago a friend of mine got a flat tire and suspension damage on his MGB due to a pot hole.
He put the repair through insurance and then his insurance company got restitution from the city to cover the full cost of the repairs. The most important piece of evidence was the photos he took of the scene.

Keep your camera in your car. :-)

Quick Reply: Beware of potholes