Notices

Any luck beating speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Any luck beating speeding tickets?

I know we've talked about it before.
This morning 110 in an 80 while passing.
Was 120 I was told.
Passing on a double line so I guess could have been worse.
Anyone beating these things? He typed 2009 for the year of my car and it's an 1998.
Thanks
Old 10-08-2008, 10:46 AM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rod, Im in the middle of fighting one as well...57 in a 40...
First thing.....always, always fight it....

Give Jack Sturch from HELP Ticket Experts a call, 416-503-4990 or 1800 568-7356.
He will be straight up with you, no bull, with your chances with beating the ticket.
I think if you just show up at court, you can get it reduced to 89 and no points...

BUT GIVE HIM A CALL...CALLS are free....

Last edited by RyeHigh; 10-08-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:55 AM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rod... +1 for Jack. Really.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

the "09" on the ticket relates to the expiry date of your plates, not the model year of the car
Old 10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Thanks guys.
I left him a message. He's in court.
This was in Uxbridge, so it will be in Whitby. Where's Jack located?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

911 Rod. The first thing you need to do is follow the procedure to set up a court date and request disclosure which are the notes the officer takes when he gives you the infraction. You don't need to talk to anyone to do this, just do it. If you never receive the disclosure, then the officer can't be a valid witness to the offence and the case is dismissed as there is no way the officer will accurately remember your case 6 - 12 months down the road when your case is heard.

If you do get the notes, then you can look for errors or things that you don't remember being the same as they were written. A buddy of mine got off a case because the notes were written in some police short hand. He told the Justice of the Peace that he could not understand the notes. The JP asked to see them and agreed that he could not understand them either and threw out the case.

If you don't get the disclosure, then you are good to go. If you do, then you can decide to share it with a lawyer or ex-cop service to help you fight. Please keep in mind that if you went to court, in most cases, you could negotiate a reduction from the prosecutor before the case even begins and I find often that the ex-cops tell you not to show up, then they go to the prosecuter and tell them you will plead guilty to a lessor offence which is granted. Meanwhile, you have paid them $300.00 - $500.00 to do what you could have done yourself. If you decide to use a service, tell them that you are not interested in a reduction, but a complete dismissal of the charges. Let them know that you understand you can get a reduction yourself for free.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default tickets

I use a local traffic court agent to deal with all our family's (i.e. wife and teen age daughter's) moving violations.

They always work out a Multa Nova deal and we just pay the fine. We work out our own sanctions with our daughter.

You have to keep the points down.

Rinty
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Thanks.
That's what I'll do.
Yes, can't be guilty. It's my insurance I'm worried about. Not the $220.
My concern is his notes should say I was passing on a double line.
BTW It was a safe pass (if you have the car to do it)
Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rinty
I use a local traffic court agent to deal with all our family's (i.e. wife and teen age daughter's) moving violations.

They always work out a Multa Nova deal and we just pay the fine. We work out our own sanctions with our daughter.

You have to keep the points down.

Rinty
Hi Rinty,

Not sure how insurance works in Calgary, but in Ontario, a infraction of any kind even if a $40.00 warning with no points is considered by our insurance companies as an conviction. If you get 2 or more warnings, it can put you into facility and your insurance can go up by thousands of dollars. In Ontario, the only deal is to get the ticket dismissed, not just reduced.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Thanks.
That's what I'll do.
Yes, can't be guilty. It's my insurance I'm worried about. Not the $220.
My concern is his notes should say I was passing on a double line.
BTW It was a safe pass (if you have the car to do it)
911 Rod, don't rehearse a calamity. It will just keep you up at night. Order the disclosure, see if you even get it, and if so, you can then deal with what it says. Just keep in mind that whether or not you order it, the cop, if he has it, will use it in court, so better to know he said you passed on a double line before the court date and be prepared than during the trial and be surprised.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

I just spoke with Jack Sturch.
He tells me give him $300 and he'll get it reduced.
Can't do. So I'll ask for a court date and then request disclosure.
I have a previous conviction 2 years ago that was no points, but a moving violation non the less. (Failure to obey an official sign)
I need to somhow stall this one for a year so there isn't a double flag for my insurance.
Man this sucks.
Rod
Old 10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Request Disclosure

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
911 Rod. The first thing you need to do is follow the procedure to set up a court date and request disclosure which are the notes the officer takes when he gives you the infraction. You don't need to talk to anyone to do this, just do it. If you never receive the disclosure, then the officer can't be a valid witness to the offence and the case is dismissed as there is no way the officer will accurately remember your case 6 - 12 months down the road when your case is heard.

If you do get the notes, then you can look for errors or things that you don't remember being the same as they were written. A buddy of mine got off a case because the notes were written in some police short hand. He told the Justice of the Peace that he could not understand the notes. The JP asked to see them and agreed that he could not understand them either and threw out the case.

If you don't get the disclosure, then you are good to go. If you do, then you can decide to share it with a lawyer or ex-cop service to help you fight. Please keep in mind that if you went to court, in most cases, you could negotiate a reduction from the prosecutor before the case even begins and I find often that the ex-cops tell you not to show up, then they go to the prosecuter and tell them you will plead guilty to a lessor offence which is granted. Meanwhile, you have paid them $300.00 - $500.00 to do what you could have done yourself. If you decide to use a service, tell them that you are not interested in a reduction, but a complete dismissal of the charges. Let them know that you understand you can get a reduction yourself for free.

My 2 cents.

Absolutely.... good advice Justin.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Thanks for everyone's help.
Maybe it's time to trade the M3 in for a Smart Car.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And just think of all the money you will save on gas.....it will take you a minute or two to hit 100KM an hour, but hey....it's money in the bank.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Thanks for everyone's help.
Maybe it's time to trade the M3 in for a Smart Car.
Or you could keep the M3 and obey the traffic laws...lol

Quick Reply: Any luck beating speeding tickets?