Notices

GTA Used Car Dealer: World Fine Cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Ivc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without quoting anyone, and without wanting to enter into an unpaid solicitor-client relationship with anyone (!), this is a friendly suggestion that previous posters in this thread go back, review their posts and do some prudent editing. People get sued over this sort of thing. Not kidding.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 AM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ivc
Without quoting anyone, and without wanting to enter into an unpaid solicitor-client relationship with anyone (!), this is a friendly suggestion that previous posters in this thread go back, review their posts and do some prudent editing. People get sued over this sort of thing. Not kidding.
If what was said is true, and the poster can back it up, what's the problem?
But then again, Im not a Lawyer....just asking.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Ivc
Advanced

Originally Posted by RyeHigh
If what was said is true, and the poster can back it up, what's the problem?
You make a valid point, in theory.

But in practice, proving what's true or not true isn't as easy or as assured as you might hope. (In other words, the judge or jury might conclude that what you think is true is not true.)

More important, getting sued for defamation is a very expensive process, even if you're entirely in the right and you successfully defend the case. Even the simplest libel trial would cost between $100K and $200K in legal fees, money you're unlikely to ever recover.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

FWIW over the last 4 years I have bought 7 different high end cars direct from Peter Santos, the owner of WFC.

Each car was exactly as called to me when they arrived, and I bought them sight unseen, as other dealers I do business with had told me he was a straight shooter.

I am not saying that what SpeedYellow993 mentioned did not happen........just stating my actual first hand experience over some $400K worth of business.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:28 PM
SHEMM
Intermediate

Smile

Originally Posted by JasonKM
have you looked on the U.S. side? Lots of cars available and the prices are very attractive. I recently imported a 2007 C4S with no problems
Simpson - is that you??

Ilio
Old 08-16-2008, 12:17 AM
rat9545
Advanced

Originally Posted by JasonKM
have you looked on the U.S. side? Lots of cars available and the prices are very attractive. I recently imported a 2007 C4S with no problems
When searching for a US car, where does everyone look? Rennlist classifieds? PCA classifieds? or via porsche dealers in the us via porscheusa.com?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:19 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rat9545
When searching for a US car, where does everyone look? Rennlist classifieds? PCA classifieds? or via porsche dealers in the us via porscheusa.com?
cars.com
autotrader.com
craigslist
pelicanparts classifieds

...etc

Of course this was for my car which I bought south of the border but it was a much older vintage.

-matt
Old 08-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What the hell happened to free speech?

I actually have a file of documents and pictures that would back up my claims and statements. Since I couldn't be bothered with the hassel of being wrongfully sued. I'll edit my post.

GOD FORBID HAVING AN OPINION ON RENNLIST !

So what's the point of this forum?

Let's just talk about the weather!

AL
Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

rat, try looking on ebay motors, a lot of the dealers on ebay sell to canadians as well.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 389 Posts

I would stick with Rennlist and PCA as I prefer enthusiast owned and cared for as well these places have incentive for seller not to rip anybody off.

as for discussion about companies and lawsuits, let them try to prove that the statements here are false and find out who user is and prove that it was them that actually typed the statement and prove damages. I don't think any damages would be awarded from a web forum, however the courts could make the user retract a statement. car dealers should realize that the truth will surface and they may have made a few hundred dollars here or there in the end, as unfair bus practises will cost them more in reputation.
Kieth: also it is not unusual for a company to deal fairly wholesale and then screw retail. see the posts on LA dismantlers.
not all dealers are the same but it is not a coincidence that car dealers are seen as unfair.
my rant is over
Old 08-17-2008, 07:12 PM
rat9545
Advanced

I did a bit more searching and I found a car on ebay that is a US car. It is 2002 C2 located in Toronto. Price falls well into my range, but it has 70,000 kms. Seller has had it for 18months and is very open to PPI. I am going to check it out this week and see where it goes.

Thanks for the help and hopefully I will be posting pics soon!

Chris
Old 08-17-2008, 07:50 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

I did a bit more searching and I found a car on ebay that is a US car. It is 2002 C2 located in Toronto. Price falls well into my range, but it has 70,000 kms. Seller has had it for 18months and is very open to PPI. I am going to check it out this week and see where it goes.

Thanks for the help and hopefully I will be posting pics soon!

Chris
With a quick ebay check I found this that seems to be a really good example but in the States http://cgi.ebay.ca/Porsche-911-Carre...QQcmdZViewItem

edit: Actually a lot of good examples around 2002

Quick Reply: GTA Used Car Dealer: World Fine Cars