Notices

Speeding ticket advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
tpetsch
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
A single mistake does not invalidate a speeding ticket. He can still identify you.I would definitely pay it. If there are no points its just a cost of driving.

^^^ +1 ^^^
Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so here's my situation (driving my MDX, not the 964):

This morning, I was running late for my daughters Tae Kwon Do class. I realized I was speeding, tried to keep it no more then 10 over. I saw "John & Ponch" step out on the road from a distance, I was the only car in the vicinity so I knew it was me.

When I saw him step out I glanced down to the speedometer and I thought I was around 60 (50 zone), at any rate, he showed me the gun it said 71, I wasn't about to argue with him.

So getting to the point of my question, this is my first speeding violation in about 20 years. He told me he dropped the ticket from 71 to 60, no points involved, the current fine is $40. From an insurance perspective, it doesn't matter if I did 1 over the limit or 100 over the limit, its a moving violation - so whether he ticketed me 60 or 71, its a mute point.

Do I bother fighting this or admit guilt and pay the fine.

PS - I also realize I just shot myself in the foot and posted on the internet so this post could be used against me in a court of law. DOAH.....

Thoughts/advice?
Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont believe in Karma, its not part of my relationship, shall we say.

But other than that I think your right,

No points and a small fine, I would in this order

1> say a small prayer for thanks
2> say anther one for the fact that speeding you didnt get into an accident or cause an accident (yes we all speed even me)
3> say another one for the Officer showing you MERCY and letting you get away with a fine

4> and be awfully bloody greatful you got a nice ride to enjoy

my 2c's

Originally Posted by fc-racer
The officer was nice to you and let you off easy. You're not getting any points so why not pay it? If you fight it in court, the officer will probably never let another person off easy and you'll have stolen someone else's good karma.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:45 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sultan
Ok so here's my situation (driving my MDX, not the 964):

This morning, I was running late for my daughters Tae Kwon Do class. I realized I was speeding, tried to keep it no more then 10 over. I saw "John & Ponch" step out on the road from a distance, I was the only car in the vicinity so I knew it was me.

When I saw him step out I glanced down to the speedometer and I thought I was around 60 (50 zone), at any rate, he showed me the gun it said 71, I wasn't about to argue with him.

So getting to the point of my question, this is my first speeding violation in about 20 years. He told me he dropped the ticket from 71 to 60, no points involved, the current fine is $40. From an insurance perspective, it doesn't matter if I did 1 over the limit or 100 over the limit, its a moving violation - so whether he ticketed me 60 or 71, its a mute point.

Do I bother fighting this or admit guilt and pay the fine.

PS - I also realize I just shot myself in the foot and posted on the internet so this post could be used against me in a court of law. DOAH.....

Thoughts/advice?
1> delete your post
2> pay the fine
3> enjoy your Porsche
4> Chalk it up to experience and go out and sin no more
Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

ok, here's another angle, what happens if you overpay the fine?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Hire a para and have him fight it, period.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Sultan, read my post from page one of this thread. I say fight it. You have the right to plead guilty in court so go and order disclosure. if it comes and it makes sense, then go and plead guilty and pay your fine. If you don't get it, then the case should be thrown out.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket advice