Notices

Best Place for exterior detailing

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Place for exterior detailing

Been trying to free up 5 hrs of time to clay bar, polish and wax my P car but just can't seem to find the time. Any recommendation as to who does a great job, I have all the products too.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 805 Likes on 370 Posts

GTAINDETAIL dot com

Use who everyone uses...
Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
tksingh
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with Jamie, took the advice and used Kevin last weekend on my 07 997S. He was very professional, did a great job...no need to look further.
GTAinDetail.com

Ken
Old 06-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Trova Fortuna
Track Day

My vote.........www.GTAinDetail.com
Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 AM
kpalle
AutoX

Kevin at gtaindetail.com recently compound polished my car and did a fantastic job. All the swirl marks are gone and the paint is restored to it's original factory finish. I would recommend Kevin for your exterior car services without hesitation.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Gatoblanco
7th Gear

Same for me...used Kevin for my '03 Jag and my 997 C4S. No need to go anywhere else, he's the best. Left my uncle's Ferrari nearly concours. In fact, he'll come to you. -Sergio
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

what do they charge for a 911?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 PM
picus
Advanced

Hey guys, thanks for all the love. I appreciate you guys letting me work on your cars, I've met some really cool people from rennlist!

Turbodan; my rates are based on the condition of the car and your expectations, generally speaking I'm not a wash & wax type guy (unless that's all that is required, of course!); usually people hire me to get the paint as near to mint as possible. Some folks really like that and some find it superfluous. If you wanted a quote just shoot me an e-mail.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Hey Kevin,
All you need now is someone to come over to clean your car...LOL
Good Job on my C2.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Kevin, glad you posted here. I've heard about your services from tons of people. I'm doing a photoshoot with Lucas later this summer or fall, and I'll want my car looking tops. My question is, is there anything you can do with a mediocre single-stage paint job? The previous owner of my 72 911 had a Maaco-type respray done, and there's some orange-peel on most of the car. Also, there's less-than-perfect touch up paint over rock chips on the front hood. Can you do anything with these types of things, or is it a lost cause?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
picus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Hey Kevin,
All you need now is someone to come over to clean your car...LOL
Good Job on my C2.
I washed it today! Interior too! I'd have charged myself $1000 haha :P

Thanks again for having me out to work on the car. The pics I took were pretty terrible unfortunately, but I'll send them along to you regardless.

Originally Posted by Christien
Hey Kevin, glad you posted here. I've heard about your services from tons of people. I'm doing a photoshoot with Lucas later this summer or fall, and I'll want my car looking tops. My question is, is there anything you can do with a mediocre single-stage paint job? The previous owner of my 72 911 had a Maaco-type respray done, and there's some orange-peel on most of the car. Also, there's less-than-perfect touch up paint over rock chips on the front hood. Can you do anything with these types of things, or is it a lost cause?

Thanks!
Hey Christien - I'm going to have to cop out and say I'd need to see it to be sure; but odds are I can do something with the paint. Regarding the orange peel, is it abnormally apparent or is it akin to a regular paint job? If it's abnormal, is it just about everywhere? Orange peel can be removed, but there are a few requirements (at least imo) before you begin the process; the paint needs to be of a healthy thickness, free of fish eyes or large solvent pops, etc... I'm just being cautious of course, odds are it'll be salvageable.

On the touchups, if you have the appropriate touchup paint odds are I can at least make them less apparent, if not remove them entirely.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

did you get my link for the licence plate gadget?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Good info - thanks! The orange peel isn't abnormally apparent at all - you only notice it when washing and waxing the car, when you're looking closely. The problem with the touchup paint is it's not a perfect match. When I bought the ducktail I think I left them with some small trim piece to colour match, and they didn't match perfectly. It's close, but under bright sun it's clearly different. And that's what touch up paint I have. I use it to touch up rock chips that go through to bare metal, because mismatched blobs is better than rust
Old 07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
picus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
did you get my link for the licence plate gadget?
I did! Thanks. It's like all James Bond and stuff. I don't think the swing down one would work for me, but the pop up one might.

Originally Posted by Christien
Good info - thanks! The orange peel isn't abnormally apparent at all - you only notice it when washing and waxing the car, when you're looking closely. The problem with the touchup paint is it's not a perfect match. When I bought the ducktail I think I left them with some small trim piece to colour match, and they didn't match perfectly. It's close, but under bright sun it's clearly different. And that's what touch up paint I have. I use it to touch up rock chips that go through to bare metal, because mismatched blobs is better than rust
Ah, got it. The touchup thing is a bummer, I'm pretty good with those when it matches. In any event, let me know if you have any questions.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gerry Show and Shine !!!

This guy does the best work I have ever seen. He will use your products if you choose. He works out of Bierie Auto in Scarborough. Does mostly Exotics. I have used tonnes of other detailers in the city that just talk a good talk but results are weak. No one else in the city has even come close to this guys work. I have my A6 there this week and should have it back for Tuesday if anyone wants to see the results. To top it all off, his price is cheaper then most.

Cheers,

Al

PS No disrespect to other Detailers. I'm sure they do a good job too. Especially the Rennlist sponsors...hahaha

Quick Reply: Best Place for exterior detailing