Notices

retarded racing law

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:42 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Actually I read the thread it it's entirety. The original poster was about the most mature of the bunch , took ownership of it . He knew he did wrong and was paying the price, even added a little good humor, thumbs up to him , the follow up posters are the ones that showed the immaturity, everything from "Bribe the guy" to " run for it" .
Old 11-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
Still ... there is no excuse for doing 150+ on the roads. ****e ... some were caught doing 110 in a 50 zone ... what do we do with those???? Ban all Honda's & thier other brands .....?
yes..honda's are unsafe...buy mazda's
Old 11-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
yes..honda's are unsafe...buy mazda's
CX-7 ... didn't it get a bad review on dependability.....
Old 11-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

CX-7 ... didn't it get a bad review on dependability.....
lets just say that if I can't get one to break down...no one can
Old 11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

...burn....
Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Is your 996 still for sale? If so, better hope potential buyers don't read that!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ emoticons dude...if i was being serious i wouldn't post it :P
Old 11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Talking

So ... how are they

Pssst ... check the used cars listing ... don't think a Boxster S came out in 1998 ....
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Still ... there is no excuse for doing 150+ on the roads. ****e ... some were caught doing 110 in a 50 zone ... what do we do with those???? Ban all Honda's & thier other brands .....?
Jack, there is no excuse to go less then 150. It's not any safer and in fact you will just be contributing to the percentage of slow moving cars on the road. The 85% of people who are considered speeding will still speed and to be honest, the speed difference is the real cause of accidents that involve speeding. If the limit were raised that 85% of people who speed would be reduced, the speed difference would decrease and that would actually create safer roads then what we have today.

If everyone just went the same speed, there would be no need to pass, less reason to change lanes and a lot less problems. I guess we just have to wait until cars can drive by them selves because humans will never be able to.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Jack, there is no excuse to go less then 150. It's not any safer and in fact you will just be contributing to the percentage of slow moving cars on the road. The 85% of people who are considered speeding will still speed and to be honest, the speed difference is the real cause of accidents that involve speeding. If the limit were raised that 85% of people who speed would be reduced, the speed difference would decrease and that would actually create safer roads then what we have today.

If everyone just went the same speed, there would be no need to pass, less reason to change lanes and a lot less problems. I guess we just have to wait until cars can drive by them selves because humans will never be able to.
Don't buy that argument. Most of the people that speed are not capable of controlling their vehicle. Doing 140 up someones *** ... less than a car length away ... demonstrates that this person should be regulated to a moped!!!! People constantly demonstrate thier lack of control over their vehicles. Secondly ... most vehicles out there do not have a GOOD braking system ... look at the Caddie SUV as an example. Hell ... I watched as asshats get on their crackberries doing 130 down the 401 ... look around at most of the drivers out there. Do you want them to be going 150 ... nevermind 60 km/h????
Old 11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Christien
Race Car

Didn't someone recently post some stats showing fewer serious/fatal accidents in European countries with higher speed limits and better drivers?

Why aren't we addressing the root of the problem, which is making people into better drivers? Why do you only have to show up for a road and written test once over a 64 year period? Why don't we retest people every 5 years when they get their licenses renewed?

I don't buy the argument that it would be too expensive. I'm 100% positive it'd be cheaper than the costs of accidents - cleanup, medical, police, fire, etc. not to mention the reduction in injuries and death.

The simple answer is that speeding tickets are a cash cow. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Christien
Didn't someone recently post some stats showing fewer serious/fatal accidents in European countries with higher speed limits and better drivers?

Why aren't we addressing the root of the problem, which is making people into better drivers? Why do you only have to show up for a road and written test once over a 64 year period? Why don't we retest people every 5 years when they get their licenses renewed?

I don't buy the argument that it would be too expensive. I'm 100% positive it'd be cheaper than the costs of accidents - cleanup, medical, police, fire, etc. not to mention the reduction in injuries and death.

The simple answer is that speeding tickets are a cash cow. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last ticket I got from the Police was in 1974 ... I guess I have not paid my fair share towards the Gov.?????
Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't buy that argument. Most of the people that speed are not capable of controlling their vehicle. Doing 140 up someones *** ... less than a car length away ... demonstrates that this person should be regulated to a moped!!!! People constantly demonstrate thier lack of control over their vehicles. Secondly ... most vehicles out there do not have a GOOD braking system ... look at the Caddie SUV as an example. Hell ... I watched as asshats get on their crackberries doing 130 down the 401 ... look around at most of the drivers out there. Do you want them to be going 150 ... nevermind 60 km/h????
You should never ever brake on the hwy. People having to brake just goes to show you that are Hwy's have too much of a speed difference on them.
Again doing something to decrease that speed difference will help the problem are make the roads safer. It will never fix the problem completely but making new laws and treating citizens like common criminals does not help at all. Not even a little. It wouldn't even help if they were to decrease the limit even more. That would actually increase the problems and make our roads ever less safe.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Christien
Race Car

No, you haven't. CRA and Ministry of Finance officials have now been dispatched to your home.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Christien
No, you haven't. CRA and Ministry of Finance officials have now been dispatched to your home.

Hah ... shields are up ....<I also threatened them with a possible disconnet of their PPV **** Channels> .... they left .....

Quick Reply: retarded racing law