Notices

retarded racing law

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RyeHigh
That really depends on a few factors,...but I would say for the average guy, 5"9-10" 170-190 lbs...4-6 beers and your at your limit....any more then that and your asking for trouble.
4-6 beers over a couple hours maybe. As you said, it depends on a few things and a big part of that is your metabolism. When my wife was young she was a very expensive drunk. I once gave her 17 drinks (company party with an open bar ) and she only had a slight headache! Seriously. Her body metabolizes alcohol at an insane rate.

Me on the other hand.... I stick to 2 beers max if I'm driving, just to be safe even though I'm over 200 lbs. Better safe than sorry and I can have as much beer as I want when I get home.

I'm probably going to buy a portable breathalyzer one day, more out of curiousity because I'd like to associate what I'm feeling after a few drinks with a BAC level reading. It could also be fun at parties and of course a way to gauge when it's safe for a person to be driving. Most of my friends have a designated driver but there are a couple guys who will have a few drinks early in the night and switch to Coke for the last few hours.

You can get a quality system for fairly cheap now. This is one of the better setups and it's on sale for $140. Far less than a DUI charge on many levels.

http://www.breathalyzer.net/alcohawkpro.html

Cheers,
Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AllanJ
Me on the other hand.... I stick to 2 beers max if I'm driving, just to be safe even though I'm over 200 lbs. Better safe than sorry and I can have as much beer as I want when I get home.
same here...always a good idea

I'm probably going to buy a portable breathalyzer one day, more out of curiousity because I'd like to associate what I'm feeling after a few drinks with a BAC level reading. It could also be fun at parties and of course a way to gauge when it's safe for a person to be driving. Most of my friends have a designated driver but there are a couple guys who will have a few drinks early in the night and switch to Coke for the last few hours.

You can get a quality system for fairly cheap now. This is one of the better setups and it's on sale for $140. Far less than a DUI charge on many levels.

http://www.breathalyzer.net/alcohawkpro.html

Cheers,
NO! WORST IDEA EVER! Every time someone pulls one of those things out everyone in the bar suddenly has to get into a dick swinging competition regarding how much they can drink. Last time this happened, my buddy blew an absolutely stupid number and the next morning after he passed out..was STILL a 0.11.

You've been fairly warned, though you will be the life of the party till everyone hurls

Regards,
Management.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

5'11", 185lbs and with 3 beers I'm practically passed out!...but I'm a wuss when it comes to drinking.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:33 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
NO! WORST IDEA EVER! Every time someone pulls one of those things out everyone in the bar suddenly has to get into a dick swinging competition regarding how much they can drink. Last time this happened, my buddy blew an absolutely stupid number and the next morning after he passed out..was STILL a 0.11.

You've been fairly warned, though you will be the life of the party till everyone hurls

Regards,
Management.
LOL! I know a couple guys that might be into that.

If I get one I'll keep it at my house. I'm not into having hurlers in my house so I'll cut them off long before then. I still have nightmares about a New Year's party I had once.....

Cheers,
Old 12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pongobaz
5'11", 185lbs and with 3 beers I'm practically passed out!...but I'm a wuss when it comes to drinking.
i'll drink you for pink slips
Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Just to put this into proper perspective. I've driven so drunk i had to put my hand over one eye to see straight. Now that I see the error of my ways I don't mind the uber enforcment at all. There are folks who habitually drive stoopid and sometimes drive after drinking too. Now I consider my son and daughter, both who take the zero drinking, meeting aforesaid impaired driver who mistook the red for green and broadsides them. That is the point.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I once drank 24 beer but it took me 36 hours. I passed out while working on the 25th. Though I think I was more tired then drunk. My 2 room mates also drank the same but we never drove though we did stupid stuff like repel out our window 3 stories high.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

When our band was in the studio back in May I was astonished to notice that myself and the drummer more or less polished off a case of beer in about 9 or 10 hours. We drank the whole thing less 3 or 4, so 9 or 10 each. And not only did we feel perfectly clear-headed, we were playing fine, too. We all drove home that night, feeling fine. Tired, but sober.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

i think we're drifting a bit off topic here....one that can easily be settled by a beer drinking contests at Christien's, maybe before the engine drop day otherwise ur car might suddenly end up with VTEC

Last edited by Dale Gribble; 12-04-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:23 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
maybe before the engine drop day otherwise ur car might suddenly end up with VTECH
It's VTEC. vtech is a type of phone. :P

Besides, would it really be that bad. The car would get great mileage, never need a tune up, and last about 500K km. Oh, and it wouldn't matter what type of oil you put in it. Downside is it might suffer a bit in performance.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:50 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

turbo-charge it?
Think fame.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Kirk930
Instructor

"Police charge 85-year-old Ontario man under stringent street-racing law"

http://www.680news.com/news/national...ntent=n010356A
Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

i JUST saw this on gmail news...wow the internet sends stuff around fast
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok, well if he was doing 61 kmh over in a 100 zone in snowy/icy conditions, he probably should have had his car impounded.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:21 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

snowy/icy conditions to the media means there is snow on the shoulders. Don't believe the hype. They just need to enforce their biased view.

Quick Reply: retarded racing law