Notices
View Poll Results: Who will be the first to lose their car for 7 days?
AM993
3.45%
Rod911
1.72%
theiceman
8.62%
pongobaz
3.45%
zookie
17.24%
Dead-Eye
22.41%
Crazy Canuck
5.17%
Cristien
1.72%
jumper5836
3.45%
kirk930
1.72%
Nape75'911T
0%
trickydisco
0%
1 PGH 1
1.72%
Imo000
0%
turboGary
5.17%
99three
1.72%
webbie
0%
PPo
0%
Turbodan
5.17%
TurboS
31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Who here is likely to be the first to lose their car for a week?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:46 PM
turboGary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well in protest of this BS law I drove my 930 to work today and went 200+ and... I passed one of those black and white OPP cars doing 160... he was watching th eother side.... sucker, FTP!!!!!

Coming home I did the same and even flashed some ******* forcing people to go around them on the right because " I have the right to do 100, it's the speed limit..." **** you, move over !

Ah... I feel much better now.

Thing is I never pull over for cops when going really fast. They can't catch me!!!!!!! hahaha.... judt kidding . I was watching DEATH PROOF with the wife tonight and it has me all horny for some crazy driving.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:10 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AM993
My vote for TurboS: he has the most powerful / fastest car of the lot and he drives it just like he stole it!
Is there any other way to drive these cars, after all they are not
corve...s.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by turboGary
Well in protest of this BS law I drove my 930 to work today and went 200+ and... I passed one of those black and white OPP cars doing 160... he was watching th eother side.... sucker, FTP!!!!!

Coming home I did the same and even flashed some ******* forcing people to go around them on the right because " I have the right to do 100, it's the speed limit..." **** you, move over !

Ah... I feel much better now.

Thing is I never pull over for cops when going really fast. They can't catch me!!!!!!! hahaha.... judt kidding . I was watching DEATH PROOF with the wife tonight and it has me all horny for some crazy driving.
Ok, I'm changing my vote. Gary's got it, definitely. Might be a good thing, too...
Old 10-06-2007, 10:24 AM
turboGary
Racer

Haha.. thanks. I may lose my bike or would have many times had I stopped. Heck now I can't even do wheelies at 220 anymore without worrying. This government is taking all the fun out of driving. Lucky it doesn't have a trunk to put someone in....

If one of us actually does lose a car and get a 7 day suspension do you think you will not drive those seven days? I would. I have 2 other daily drivers and if you just obey the law you could drive the week no problem I figure.

I've been driving for 20+ years at speeds of over 200-300. I've never had asupension and my record is clean... now. I still believe there is a time and a place to speed and I've chosen well in the past. I'm wagering that I won't be the first or will ever lose my car/bike. It's all about good judgement. When I go for rides on the motorcycle up north and cover about 550kms in a day I do about 130 everywhere and 250-270 through the corners. Police don't do radar in corners is my experience.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I just know if Noble were here he would be all over that in a second..
what happen to him? did he get Banned?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by turboGary
Police don't do radar in corners is my experience.
tru, but they do conduct seatbelt checks on ramps. this is the 2nd time comming back from a Sherway gardens meet that OPP has been there pulling people over for spot checks.

The first time i came flying around that corner too...didn't seem to care...now i dont really push my luck in that spot.

who the **** stands on a highway ramp and stops cars..really..i've seen them make people reverse on a ramp..a ****ing ramp which is a blind corner.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:56 PM
turboGary
Racer

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
tru, but they do conduct seatbelt checks on ramps. this is the 2nd time comming back from a Sherway gardens meet that OPP has been there pulling people over for spot checks.

The first time i came flying around that corner too...didn't seem to care...now i dont really push my luck in that spot.

who the **** stands on a highway ramp and stops cars..really..i've seen them make people reverse on a ramp..a ****ing ramp which is a blind corner.
Hey I see it almost weekly on the 404 at Greenlane at 2-3pm. The stupid buggers stand on the ramp where you can easily come in at well over 100kph on the outside of the lane. I mean if someone was to come in there at a good speed and lose control they would be crushed between a car and a gaurdrail.

I came in there once in the pcar pretty hot once and when I put the binders on they actually jumped back thinking I wouldn't be able to stop... kinda made me chuckle. The cop said in a stern voice that they were doing seatbelt checks and saw I was wearing it. So I told him it was a bad spot to be standing and they screwed up my entrance. He didn't even crack a smile and sent me on my way.

I started of nicely then put it I second gear and floored it all the way up the ramp. I was sure they would radio ahead to say "here comes one" so I did about 10 over for some time just in case. Noone was waiting.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ brilliant
Old 10-06-2007, 09:19 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A woman from Markdale (HWY 10 north of GTA 1.5 hrs) just got nabbed on HWY 10 for 135 in an 80...PLUS she blew 3 X the limit of alcohol.

Here "woes" include:

-7 day suspension of permit, plus 90 days for impaired charge pending
-7 day car impounding
-reckless driving charge
-careless driving charge
-impaired driving charge
-"stunt" driving charge
-a minimum $2000 fine for being more than 50 kmph over the limit
-PLUS...fines for the impaired and losing her ticket for a year.

Yikes. What a dumb bitch.

That's why I'll be sticking to no more than 129 in an 80 and 149 in a 100.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

my buddy followed and called in the plates on a guy who was swirving all over the road. when a cruise pulled him over finally my friend watched as the guy FELL out of his car onto the floor at the cop's feel.

i can't believe people still try to pull off dumbass **** like DnD. you KNOW your probably going to get caught.just ****ing cab it.

how can she get both wreckless and careless driving...one is superior to the other as is my recollection. in any case..she's ****ed
Old 10-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

I think I'm insulted not to be on the list.

Okay, I've only ever been pulled over twice, never in Ontario, but hey, anything's possible! I have been known to get up that fast, in spurts.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
just ****ing cab it.
No kidding. I don't feel like cabbing most of the time due to the costs of there and back. I just sleep in my car, wake up at sunrise. Oh course I am still young in my mind.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:56 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Uh oh, someone voted for me...Clive is that you? No worries, TurboS is running away with this contest!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:02 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,173 Likes on 841 Posts

I think we need to run a pool ... we all chip in $50 to help out the first guy to lose his car .. the interest would help out too ..:-)

i'm fed up of this law already ... becuase of the system they could pull any of us at any time and say you were doing 50 over. you have no argument , you are screwed , and if you DO argue .. tack on another 5 grand .

It is just a massive tax grab disguised as do good action . it was a win win situation for a government right before the election ... like the Liberals now ?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

I have 2 votes for some reason.

Quick Reply: Who here is likely to be the first to lose their car for a week?