Notices

Keeping up Porsche and Corvette relations ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:05 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping up Porsche and Corvette relations ...

Well just to reinforce the strong bond between us Corvette Guys, and our Cousins over here in the Porsche forum ... I thought you might enjoy this video taken at the Mosport race between the two Corrals ... All in good fun!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1804311

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 09-05-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
Well just to reinforce the strong bond between us Corvette Guys, and our Cousins over here in the Porche forum ... I thought you might enjoy this video taken at the Mosport race between the two Corrals ... All in good fun!

LOL. Blair and I received the same type of warm welcome during the ALMS race. We crossed the fence into the Audi Corral to take some pictures. Out of nowhere comes this screaming German
"YOU MUST GET OUT, YOU MUST GET OUT " with a heavy German accent. Wish I had a video camera.

Both Blair and I own Audi S4's.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I just read your story on the vette board - that's disgusting! Was the Porsche corral run by the PCA? If so, a complaint should be registered. Did you get the name of the "porsche ****"? I realize the PCA can be a bit exclusive at times (eg they only allow Porsches at their DEs - the only club to do that, afaik) and I find it frustrating. There's no doubt I hold a loyalty to P-cars, and I value them above any other marque, but that doesn't mean I have no interest in associating with people who appreciate other cars!
Old 09-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

the porscheplatz is run by porsche from Germany, it is planned and organized via germany. I was not in the porsche tent as I came just before the race and watched turns 2 and 5. If you spent millions of dollars on a racing program you may just want paying customers and vips in your hospitality tent. now this could have been explained better. In reference to other cars running with pca, UCR is the only group that does this and it is because of high demand by porsche owners. why let a miata owner take space on the track and deny a porsche that spot when it is organized by porsche club. On another note, (and you can flame me all you want) I like not driving behind some less expensive, less engineered for racing , vehicle that IMHO may have parts flying off it into my car. I am not talking about the lotuses, ferrari's etc but the mustangs, hondas etc... Plus there are enough events for these guys to participate in already. also I think porsche owners as a whole are more mature about driving on the track than some other marques. not to mention the better view of all pcars on the track. flame away.

Last edited by Turbodan; 09-05-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: add smiley
Old 09-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

Oh yeah Cdn Wolf, you guys sure have nice tomatoes!
and I don't mind you guys hanging with us
Old 09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Christien
Race Car

Hey Danny, no flames from me - you make some good points, and thanks for clearing up re the porscheplatz. I'm glad it's not UCR organizing it.

So far my experience with other clubs at Mosport would actually indicate cars in better shape for the track than what I've found at UCR events. UCR events are loaded with people who take their regular street car to the track to have fun. Nothing at all wrong with that, my point is simply that they're mainly street cars (my car falls into this category). Other groups I've run with tend to have a higher concentration of dedicated track cars, or at least street/track cars that are leaning much more towards the track. And I rarely see Hondas, Nissans, etc. It's usually about 75% Porsche, then some BMWs, Corvettes, Vipers, the odd Ferrari, etc.

I've brought up the subject of overcrowded registrations at UCR DEs before on the UCR forum, suggesting that maybe they hold more events to keep the number of cars down. The response was pretty weak, I felt - stuff along the lines of not enough people interested, too difficult to manage, too expensive, etc. when all the other groups seems to have no problem making a go of it. Here's the thread, if you're interested:
http://www.pcaucr.org/forum/post.jsp?postid=6310
Old 09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Why not have a corral pass that let's you in to all the corrals?

If the teams will let you into the pit areas with pit pass, with cars costing several hundred thousand dollars more than any corvette, porsche or, dare I say it, ferrari, well why not?

After all, we are responsible adults here.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 09-05-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:29 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
Well just to reinforce the strong bond between us Corvette Guys, and our Cousins over here in the Porche forum ... I thought you might enjoy this video taken at the Mosport race between the two Corrals ... All in good fun!

A little over the edge and I'm sure not a reflection of Porsche guys in general. BTW, you really need to learn how to spell porSche
Old 09-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Christien
Race Car

I had a receipt from DFC a few years ago that actually read "Downtown Porche". When I pointed it out to the guy at the counter I think he was a bit embarrassed!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Originally Posted by PbPedis
BTW, you really need to learn how to spell porSche
You are correct ... I apologize ... guess my dyslexia was acting up a bit last night ... It tends to get the better of me when I am tired.

Mark

Quick Reply: Keeping up Porsche and Corvette relations ...