Old 07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Exotic cruise picture site

http://web.mac.com/ezweig/iWeb/Site%...%20Cruise.html

Username: exotic
Password: cruise

Any problems accessing the site pls let me know.

Eshel
Old 07-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great shots Eshel Thanks
Old 07-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

very nice shots Eshel! I might join in next year.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:35 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Default Thanks.

Apparently their is one in the fall as well.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:05 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Eshel, Great photos as usual.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
goldyf355
Track Day

Talking

Originally Posted by TurboS
Apparently their is one in the fall as well.
There are usually two each year.....Spring and Fall, or that has been the case the last couple of years. This year there were already two! Who knows? ....maybe Arshad is expanding his buisness?!? LOL!

After speaking with many who had done a few of the previous cruises, it sounded like the Huntsville one last fall was extra special and Arshad indicated he was considering it (or some variation of it..) for this Fall. The forks of the credit were a personal fave of mine, but it is apparently closed for construction this year (or at least, the good parts are..)

Doesn't really matter...whatever he organizes always turns out to be an A+ event. He usually posts a heads up on NSXPRIME and FERRARICHAT, but he might start posting here as well.....Arshad is a confirmed car ****!

Once again, GREAT JOB, ARSHAD!!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
arshad
AutoX

Thanks Steve, but I can't take all of the credit -- Mark Walker (CDN_Wolf_Eh) worked just as hard to help put this event together and to pull it off relatively smoothly.

Speaking of car *****, how come I see you hanging out on all the same forums I'm on?

You're right about the fall cruise, it was an unbelievable road and an incredible experience for everyone. I'm planning on incorporating part of it for this years fall cruise, but I need to figure out a way to control some of the maniacs we had last time we were out there. Spirited driving is fine in nice open stretches, but more than tripling the speed limit is not fine when there are blind corners and potential cyclists/pedestrians around...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Default Thanks working on the video now.

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Eshel, Great photos as usual.
Looking forward to the one done by the camera crew.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Looking forward to your video Eshel, the longer the better
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TurboS
Looking forward to the one done by the camera crew.
Lucas put up his photos.

http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album637

I want to get the CD also I can't wait for the DVD Video
more info
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=158059
Old 07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
goldyf355
Track Day

Originally Posted by arshad
Thanks Steve, but I can't take all of the credit -- Mark Walker (CDN_Wolf_Eh) worked just as hard to help put this event together and to pull it off relatively smoothly.
Your right, and I didn't mean to omit the extensive contributions of others as well. It's just that you are the person I usually associate with these cruises....so my apologies and a hearty THANK YOU, WOLF!!!

Speaking of car *****, how come I see you hanging out on all the same forums I'm on?
Apparently, it takes one to know one... I used to date them all, though....

...I need to figure out a way to control some of the maniacs we had last time we were out there. Spirited driving is fine in nice open stretches, but more than tripling the speed limit is not fine when there are blind corners and potential cyclists/pedestrians around...
I agree, but it is tough to control. I have to admit, the urge to keep up when someone ahead of you boots it is sometimes overwhelming......I can't claim complete innocence myself here...but I did try to keep it to relatively sane levels.
But, this time especially, there were alot of "out of line" antics that could have turned out tragic......not to mention, bring the wrath of "the man" down upon us all......especially these days in Ontario!
How to solve the problem....now that's the question! Maybe a very simple set of rules that must be followed, violation of which would mean being banned from joining other cruises ??
If I may be so bold as to suggest at least two.....No passing against solid lines (especially up hill!).......And respect the fact that traffic lanes are absolute (meaning, don't attempt to pass snarled traffic in your lane, when you have nowhere to go back into it up ahead...what ends up happening is your trapped in the oncoming traffic lane....not good!)
Their were plenty of "violations" of these two, very dangerous habits indeed!
I'm sure you can come up with a few more easily.

I wouldn't envy you trying to detect, prosecute and enforce something like this though.......
Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
arshad
AutoX

I agree Steve. If someone is driving like an idiot, they won't be invited to future events. Nothing wrong with opening it up when it's reasonable to do so, but crossing double yellows to pass cars in an uphill is just inviting tragic consequences. Something like that would put an end to these cruises real quick...

We also had those two clowns in the Mustang Cobra and Mini Cooper who decided to join in at the start point and were weaving in and out of traffic and generally causing havoc near the front of the pack in Stage 1. Mark and I talked to them at the staging point and told them to take a hike, which they did. Last thing we need is unwanted attention because of dumbass driving from those who aren't even in our group...
Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

The first stage 403 part was terrible. It was practically driving alone the whole time. Next time it would be better to drive up Dundas to Hwy 6.
I didn't see any idiotic driving and I had to pass someone because he was braking in the corners and when he punched it I was having to back off. It was getting under my skin so I waited and did it in a legal and safe spot. Other then the drive home where I have to admit some of us actually were not driving normal speed limits until we caught up to majority of the group and drove home.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basicly, large groups are impossible to control. I like run groups of around 15 cars. Easier to manage by far. A small group will stay together much better & therefore the leader can keep the speed moderate. In a big group? Forget it. It gets broken up & that's when everybody tries to catch-up.

Passing. A slow vehicle in front is a challenge. On the Fchat Muskoka run, that was one of the problems. The leaders had a slow car in front & passed. Then, everybody else felt the need & that's when it got really dangerous. The best thing a leader can do is to slow down more or even stop - which slows the entire group down & lets the car ahead get far ahead.

Run Sheets. The biggest headache for the leader is that no one reads & follows the run sheet. I do up elaborate run sheets & I know Arshad does too. But nobody looks at them until they’ve lost the group. Then it’s too late & they’re often well off the route. The co-pilot should follow the route sheet, turn by turn. But it always ends up a ‘follow-the-leader’. Even when the leader is just another car in front & he’s lost too. Arshad & I have talked about the need for more collection points where we bring the group together but they also add time to the run.

Radios. We have them & never really use them. I’m guilty too. I’ve been on runs where they really kept things together. Every leader should do a radio check before leaving. And make sure a radio car is at the front & the rear.

Ian
Old 07-10-2007, 06:58 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

I think Arshad's run sheets were great ... we probably should have divided the group into 4 smaller groups ... each with a leader and a trailer ... go through the entire run with these 8 people prior to the cruise day ... then put them in charge of their sub-group.

The main group can launch together ... but once on route the leader and trailer would be responsible for their smaller group staying together ... and all the cars in their group would know who is leading them ... and who to call if they get lost! LOL

The mini-maps on Arshad's sheets were helpful, but I should have printed out a larger map for myself to help locate some of the lost sheep!

You're right Ian ... it is not possible to control everyone's actions in a group that size ... so I think if anyone crosses the line ... then they should not be invited to any future events.

Maybe during a future run ... we could set up an air-strip component of the cruise ... each car could make a couple of full speed runs down the air strip ... get the need for speed out of their system ... if that's possible!

Mark

Quick Reply: Exotic cruise picture site