Notices

Finally got my 997

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
jgdixon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my 997

I sold my '99 C4 last fall and have been in withdrawl ever since.
I really wanted a 997 and have been browsing eBay and AutoTrader ever since.

As the exchange rate got better I started to get serious. I just pulled the trigger!
The transport left Florida this afternoon with my new ride, a 2005 C2S with only 6000 miles. It is Cobalt Blue with full Sea Blue leather, adaptive sport seats, Navi, short shifter, Xenons, Bose, rear wiper, coloured wheel crests, crests in headrest,
CD changer, Bose, heated seats, sport chrono plus and more!
I had the PPI done at Champion Porsche and they told me it has aftermarket headers, exhaust and air cleaner, not sure the brand though.

Getting exited! Here is a pic
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

Congratulations! Very nice. Betcha feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Rob
Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats! Your cobalt 997S looks perfect, one of the best color Porsche made. Here's my ex-997S on a track day.
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Congrats. That's a sweet colour. Did you end up going down and inspecting the car before pulling the trigger or are you doing everything via online and phonecalls?

I'm curious as I too am looking and don't want to limit myself to the Canadian market if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Stan.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, congratulations. Make sure that you show up at one of our weekly Get Togethers (every Saturday morning at 10:00am, Chapter's/Starbucks across from Sherway Gardens Mall on the Queensway between Hwy 427 & The West Mall) and introduce your new beast.

Last edited by AM993; 06-01-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:45 AM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, and dynamite colour.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice indeed. Congrats
Can you share your process of finding and getting back to Canada? Was the dealer of any help getting the necessaries done?
Thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 10:04 AM
jgdixon
Advanced

I didn't personally inspect the car. I had the PPI done at Champion Porsche and the advisor walked around the car while talking to me on a cell phone. I bought it from a very large BMW dealership who took it in from the original owner on trade. I used Hansen's to ship it and Livingston for the broker. I'll let you all know how it all worked out when I get the car next week. I could get it early in the week but I have to go out west, so won't be able to take delivery until Friday - bummer! I'm also going to take it to Courtney at Autowerks the following week for the oil change
Old 06-01-2007, 10:08 AM
jgdixon
Advanced

My leasing company was very good in coresponding with all parties involved. I arranged and paid for the shipping, they co-ordinated everything else.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Congrats, very nice color, now all you need is to replace those yellow side lights with clear ones and your set.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:50 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Sweet! Nice colour for sure We (Dad and I) did the same, browsed Ebay for a month or two, found one we liked in Georgia and a few clicks and phone calls later the car was here. But then my Dad spent the next two days fighting/waiting for the MTO to give him plates and that sticker.

I see you live in Kilbride, my cousins live there on a custom home 'street', Chelsea Road. Does that ring a bell? I ask because Kilbride is quite small! But amazing roads going up the escarpment!

Congrats
Old 06-01-2007, 03:53 PM
jgdixon
Advanced

I had clear side lights on the C4, put the yellows back on when I sold it. So that will be one of the first things I will do on the C2S is to put the clears back on.

Chelsea Rd is on the east side of Cedar Springs Rd, we are on the west side. Yes there are great roads in the area for touring.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats. Please post pics when it arrives. I'm awaiting my Cobalt 997TT and had planned on going Sea Blue but ended up getting black. I'd be interested in your opinion of the combo when it arrives.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:04 AM
jgdixon
Advanced

Got my car yesterday! I'll try and post pics soon. I won't be able to put clears on until my new order arrives, it seems the 996 ones I kept don't fit the 997. I'm debating about putting a front plate on right away, we forgot that Florida doesn't use one, so there is no plate holder at this time.

The import process was quite painless, kudos to Blair at Halton Autolease for helping to smooth everything out. Just to clarify: R.I.V will accept a compliance / recall letter from a U.S. dealer, you now FACS it to a dedicated line and they record it automatically when the car crosses the border. I used Hansen's for the shipping and Livingston's as a broker. You get a 'form 1" with the car when it crosses, and then a few days later we called R.I.V. to ensure everything was on order and they e-mailed the 'form 2" (You need these for Canadian Tire). If anyone wants more info, just PM me.

The car is awesome! Full leather sport interior is beautiful. All the right options, and lots of comments the first day about the colour (Cobalt) I confirmed that it has FabSpeed mufflers, FVD headers and a FabSpeed Cold Air Kit, the sound and performance is perfect! I'm a happy, happy camper.

Last edited by jgdixon; 06-12-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:09 PM
jimmc8
Advanced

All I can say is OOOOOOh. Please let us know what you think of the Sea Blue interior, its on my list of "next car must haves". And the Adaptive Sports Seats, just how comfortable are they?

Quick Reply: Finally got my 997