Notices

I just got a speeding ticket ... fk!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 162
A friend of mine is a traffic officer. He drives an unmarked car with laser,radar, and moving radar.
He always tells me to fight the ticket.
If you fight it on your own go for night court. Your odds are greater the officer won't show up.
During the day they are scheduled to attend court.
I got a ticket in Nov. 2006 on an off ramp (W/B Gardiner at Park Lawn). I hired Pointts. I went to court Dec. 2006. The court tries to plead everyone down to small fine.
With the amount of people at court 2 people wanted to go to trial (myself included).
By the time they got to my case there was no time to hear my case. Instead of throwing it out I have to go back this July.
Good luck in fighting your ticket.
I know that ramp too well. Those guys made a killing on that stretch for a couple of years, and then the city raised the speed limit to 70. WTF?

I'm curious about something: Are Metro traffic officers equipped with Specter?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:25 AM
gteehan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear.

FWIW, Beltronics makes a new detector called the Driver Sti. Its extremely highly rated and is 100% Spectre proof even at point blank range. I bought one of those with an active laser jammer and I feel very confident I'm about as protected as can be.

full tests of most major units can be found here
Old 04-17-2007, 01:55 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet you were hit with laser. In Toronto they use ton of laser in the that area. Do you have any type of radar/laser detector and laser jammer? If not, its time to invest in protection. I didnt get my 1st laser jammer until 3 laser tickets in 1 month. I wasnt too educated but now that is all change now with my laser jamming testing that I do. I havent received a ticket in a few years. I love my V1 and LPP.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
stanm5
Racer

Sucks that you got a ticket.
Your best option (as others have suggested) is to fight it.
Don't higher points or any other such outfit, they get the same offer from the prosecutor as you will get just for showing up except they'll charge you $300-500 for doing it.
Before the judge or justice enters you'll wait in line to meet the prosecutor, he/she will offer to reduce the violation to 15km/h over the limit which is a no points violation. You'll be pleading guilty and accepting the plea. You can also delay the process by accepting the judge's offer to delay payment for 30-60-90 days.
Pleading not guilty will be a long process and most likely a futile effort. The result will be the original fine/points plus associated costs.
Good luck.

Stan
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

As Christien said earlier, a conviction is a conviction whether you were 5 over the limit or 40 over the limit. The insurance companies count it as a conviction and it may affect your rates. The prosecutor offers the deal because there are too many people scheduled for court at the alloted time. If
everyone pleaded not guilty the court would never get through all the cases in the alloted time.

Brian
Old 05-04-2007, 07:19 PM
P-Car944
Banned

Your best option after you fight or pay your ticket is get a LPP laser jammer.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 409 Posts

just show up for the first court date, if the officer shows up ask for adjournment as your lawyer couldn't make it. good chance the officer won't show for both dates and if he does the second then accept the deal. good luck
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 PM
P-Car944
Banned

If you have the best countermeasures...no need to worry about court dates...I'm sure your time is worth much more then you going to court every ticket either radar or laser. Get the best defense's and be done with it.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:46 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P-Car944
Your best option after you fight or pay your ticket is get a LPP laser jammer.
regarding LPP laser jammer, wouldnt the officer just pull you over
and conficscate the jammer?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:19 PM
gteehan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They can't detect the jammer. Essentially, the jammer blanks their gun. At the same time it alerts you that you've just been "hit" with a laser gun. You then slow down and shut down the jammer (there's as simple and accessible toggle switch). It allows the officer to get a legitimate (and slowed down) reading of your car. Laser jammers are not illegal like detectors are. To my knowledge laser emitting car devices are actually used for some automated garage door openers.

Geoff
Old 05-06-2007, 01:22 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

You should all be thankful you live in Ontario, I have never seen such lenient traffic policing! In B.C., where I'm originally from, it's difficult to break 100km/h on the highway and it's VERY common to have multiple radar traps on short stretches of highway.

In addition, the driving calibre is much lower in B.C. due to the lower speeds and smaller highways. It was an eye-opening experience to get on the 401 here! I felt like I was in a Nascar movie gone wrong with cars blazing past in every direction.

After a few trips around the city, I was amazed at how much attention people pay to each other here. The coolest thing for a person coming from Vancouver is the way in which people give you space on Yonge street if you're in the inner lane and parked cars make it impossible to fit two cars through. In Vancouver, drivers would stick to their absolute lane and would never move, you'd crash into the parked car before anyone would even know they should have given you some space. Here, the drivers seem to know what's going on around them and make adjustments to keep traffic going.

Now, if only we could do something about the insane taxi drivers that pull u-turns EVERYWHERE and without any warning...
Old 05-06-2007, 10:12 PM
P-Car944
Banned

Certain LIDAR police guns used in Canada like the UL LTi 20/20 or Laser Atlanta which I just happen to own for my own laser jamming testing that I do. Those laser guns produce certain error codes depending on...

1.) Operator Error

2.) Not enough reflection back to gun

3.) Bad Angle

4.) Sunlight

5.) Laser Jammer ( LED laser jammers like the Blinder, ZR3 and Bel 904/05 have thrown laser jammer error codes and the LEO can stop you if its illegal).

Laser Diode jammers like the LPP (Laser Pro Park is designed with the software not to throw the laser jammer code.)

Just dont jam to gun (JTG) after you slow down, turn off the laser jammer and you should be ok.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:40 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Default SO THAAAAAT'S WHERE I'VE GONE WRONG!!!

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
next time do what chicks do...blow him in the back of his car..
Jeez, I've been doing pretty well... tickets kind of come in clusters... been clean a good while...

I own a V-1... travel with it everywhere...
Well, decided to leave it home for this biz trip to Alaska... W R O N G !!!!

(First, I got a parking ticket for parking 'over the line' -- the only space left in garage @ 2300 when I arrived...
And only because I was a decent driver, I avoided the car I parked next to, who caused me to park that way...
AND I encroached on a lined off area, NOT another space.
Of course the inciting skew vehicle was gone the next day when the uniformed patrol came by!)

Then, the next day, I get nailed on the Seward H'wy...(Trooper said I was doing 80 in a 65)...but he couldn't catch up with me.
I NEVER saw this guy, but he warmed my heart with the '80'...

Haven't a clue whether this could show up on my out-of-state license...
Also clue-less are the TX DMV and the AK Court System representative.

I opted to play my defensive driving card...
I was hoping to hold onto that one since I've got a month of a distance commute coming up... through unfriendly municipalities...

But I know one thing -- I'LL BE 'PACKING'... MY V-1!

'Hoooo Gnew!'
Old 05-07-2007, 12:54 AM
chicos
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

1 ticket in past 6 years and it was just thrown out.

Not enought JOP apparantly. Fight your tickets, you might get lucky like me.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:38 AM
88 951S
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you buy a laser jammer like the LPP in Ontario? If so, how much do they go for and where can i get one?

Quick Reply: I just got a speeding ticket ... fk!