Montreal Spring Run 2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Montreal Spring Run 2007

Montreal Spring Run 2007

It seems as if these type of runs/drives are occurring all over the place, except of course Montreal. Looking over at the great success that the Ferrarichat group in Ontario had back in 2006 with there 2 great runs, I’ve decided that we need to start doing the same here in Montreal. Therefore I took the initiative to start one in Montreal since no one else would! I’ve talked to a couple of friends who own some exotic cars and they are interested in doing something like this as well. So would you guys be interested in doing something like this?

I’m shooting to do this sometime in the end of April or early May, all depending what works best for everybody. I was thinking we could cruise up to Mont Tremblant (via twisty back roads) and grab some lunch up there. If this seems to long of a run, we could choose a closer destination for lunch as well. If someone has a better idea, please don’t hesitate to tell us, I’m open for all ideas.

So for right now I will put down some general information for the run, but it can all very well change depending what you guys want.

Date: SaturdayMay 19th!UPDATED
Start Location: Montreal
Lunch Location: Mont Tremblant
Start Time: Meet at 9:30am and leave starting location at around 10:00am
Lunch Time: 12:30-1:00pm That gives us up to 3 hours to get to our lunch destination.
Route: Will be send out to everyone via email/PM.

So, everyone who is interested, please post in this thread or contact me via PM with the following information:

Name:
Vehicle:
Bringing Guest?:

You can also contact me via email at Bauer.Stephan@gmail.com

Please everyone give me your input and criticism, I want to make this a fun and enjoyable event for everyone.

Here is a link to the thread on Ferrarichat. We have about 5 cars so far, we would love to have everyone join and get a huge turn out!
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=145421
Attached Images  

Last edited by Carrera_GTcrazy; 04-09-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it is an excellent idea.

Derek Solarino
944 Turbo (If it's back together)
Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in also, If my car is ready also

Would be better in my opinion at the beggining of May, more chances of having great weather.

Lets hope for a great turn up

Stephane
Maybe the wife

Last edited by Sysgen; 04-06-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

Great! Once the date and everything else is finalized, I will update you guys.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:33 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You going to take your Carrera GT out?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
You going to take your Carrera GT out?
LOL of course. Although, I have invited my friend with a Carrera GT, and he should be on the run
Old 04-06-2007, 12:46 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Carrera_GTcrazy
LOL of course. Although, I have invited my friend with a Carrera GT, and he should be on the run
Excellent!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Stephan Great idea. On a different note, have you been able to connect to the FerrariChat site lately? I have not been able to connect to it for several days?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

Originally Posted by cavlino
Hey Stephan Great idea. On a different note, have you been able to connect to the FerrariChat site lately? I have not been able to connect to it for several days?
Carm, Long time no talk! How have you been? Thats very strange, Fchat works fine for me, i was just browsing it 10minutes ago.

P.S. Whens the next time ill be seeing you up in Tremblant?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:28 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Carm, Long time no talk! How have you been? Thats very strange, Fchat works fine for me, i was just browsing it 10minutes ago.

P.S. Whens the next time ill be seeing you up in Tremblant?
Hey Stephan, all is well over here I reset my DSL modem and then I could connect to Fchat, its weird since it was only Fchat I couldn't connect to. So far it looks like the RSR event in June will be the first time I will be in Tremblant. For my complete track schedule click on the trackschedule link in my signature. I hope you can gather lots of folks for your ride from Montreal to Tremblant, its a great drive. See you at the track!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:10 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

For my complete track schedule click on the trackschedule link in my signature. !
Damn!! Better off leaving the car at the track...... I guess we'll see each other often as I have two events at Calabogie and 4 at Tremblant. I can barely wait till may 5th.

Sorry for highjacking
Old 04-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

Hey Stephan, all is well over here I reset my DSL modem and then I could connect to Fchat, its weird since it was only Fchat I couldn't connect to. So far it looks like the RSR event in June will be the first time I will be in Tremblant. For my complete track schedule click on the trackschedule link in my signature. I hope you can gather lots of folks for your ride from Montreal to Tremblant, its a great drive. See you at the track!
Looks like i'll be seeing you in June then!

Originally Posted by cway27
Damn!! Better off leaving the car at the track...... I guess we'll see each other often as I have two events at Calabogie and 4 at Tremblant. I can barely wait till may 5th.

Sorry for highjacking
We need some 911's! We would love to have you join us!

Guys, Whats your opinion on which day is best to have the run, Saturday or Sunday? Each have there ups and downs. Let me know, all imput is welcome
Old 04-07-2007, 04:56 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Looks like i'll be seeing you in June then!

We need some 911's! We would love to have you join us!

Guys, Whats your opinion on which day is best to have the run, Saturday or Sunday? Each have there ups and downs. Let me know, all imput is welcome
Stephan, I don't think I will be able to make it but I would strongly suggest you pick Saturday. The traffic leaving Tremblant on Sundays' is just terrible and I assume you will be heading back to Montreal in that terrible traffic window. I think your drive there and back will be much more enjoyable on the Saturday.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:00 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CWay27

Sorry for highjacking
I look forward to meeting you, lets make a point of trying to connect with each other. I always help with the tech line in the morning so I should be able to spot you
Old 04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

Stephan, I don't think I will be able to make it but I would strongly suggest you pick Saturday. The traffic leaving Tremblant on Sundays' is just terrible and I assume you will be heading back to Montreal in that terrible traffic window. I think your drive there and back will be much more enjoyable on the Saturday.
Yeah I beleive Saturday would be a more a better day to do it aswell.

How does Saturday May 5th sound for everyone? I've been thinking about moving it one week back so that we have more chances of good weather aswell as a larger turn out!

Quick Reply: Montreal Spring Run 2007