Notices

Do I pay any Canadian taxes if...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:18 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like AM993 may have a refund coming to him.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:54 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I will give it a go! If that's work, I am throwing a party at my home! Free beer and BBQ for everyone!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AM993
I will give it a go! If that's work, I am throwing a party at my home! Free beer and BBQ for everyone!!!
If you win ... I wear an XL Porsche T-shirt ....
Old 08-17-2006, 07:21 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Arnaud,
What's on the menu? Maybe some Merguez sausages in baquettes with a little Dijon and a few bottles of Côte du Rhône?...mmm, brings back memories of my youth!
Let's hope you get that refund!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Well, good news everyone: I spoke to the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Call Center who confirmed that I should not have paid PST on my cars. I was referred to the Ministry of Finance - RST office. I called this office and the gentleman faxed me the refund application and listed the documents that I need to provide along with the application. Seems to me like a fairly easy process... and it looks like Christmas will be early this year for Jack Lepson (who will receive a XL Porsche T-shirt as soon as I get my refund!). I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.
Phil, if you know a place where I can get proper Merguez, please let me know. I want to try them before I throw the big party!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Congrats......!!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:23 PM
rebe1
Racer

Whoop! Party time!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Well, good news everyone: I spoke to the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Call Center who confirmed that I should not have paid PST on my cars. I was referred to the Ministry of Finance - RST office. I called this office and the gentleman faxed me the refund application and listed the documents that I need to provide along with the application. Seems to me like a fairly easy process... and it looks like Christmas will be early this year for Jack Lepson (who will receive a XL Porsche T-shirt as soon as I get my refund!). I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.
Phil, if you know a place where I can get proper Merguez, please let me know. I want to try them before I throw the big party!
CONGRATS .... hopefully they add on interest as well .... have done in the past.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:01 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Bravo Arnaud!

Sadly I haven't found Merguez sausages yet...but I heard that one of the stalls in the St. Lawrence market makes them occaisionally.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are Merguez sausages?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:48 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Merguez, the French transliteration of the Arabic word mirqaz, is a spicy small sausage used in Tunisia and Algeria. It is served alone as a meze or sometimes with couscous or other foods such as the braised dishes known as tagines.
In other words, it's yummy!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Merguez, the French transliteration of the Arabic word mirqaz, is a spicy small sausage used in Tunisia and Algeria. It is served alone as a meze or sometimes with couscous or other foods such as the braised dishes known as tagines.
In other words, it's yummy!
Try the shops on Lawrence Ave E., east of Pharmacy to about Kennedy Rd. Lots of ME shops around there ...

Quick Reply: Do I pay any Canadian taxes if...