Notices

TRACK DAY JUNE 4TH @ TMP --> 100$ ALL DAY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006 | 12:42 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Default TRACK DAY JUNE 4TH @ TMP --> 100$ ALL DAY!

CSCS's first event is on June 4th on their brand new (no really..its brand new..i think they've only done like 3 events on it since it was paved) 3 kilometer road course.

It is 100$'s which is a pretty good bargain for a 3km course and what i believe will be open lapping.

Here is a link to their site and paperwork: http://cscs.c7.ca/index.php?Sub=&Main=72

It's very informal, just show up and have some fun kinda thing. I'll be there with 1 or 2 other porsche's. Hope to see you guys there.
Old 05-27-2006 | 04:14 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

What's the run-off, etc. like? Is it a safe track or a crazy track?
Old 05-27-2006 | 09:20 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

TMP formerly cayuga and part of cayuga dragway is an ok course that is tight and kinda wierd in some spots with 1 long straight. HOWEVER...they have been shut down for years due to permit, noise and township issues and have burned people by cancelling events at the last minute and not refunding the money. i have ridden the track on bikes and cars but not for years because of the shutdown read here for more info:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=53075

or here:
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=31416
Old 05-27-2006 | 10:57 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ Fc-racer: NOBLEGT3 is correct in that they had problems for many years getting licensing issues done, but I believe that has now been sorted and in any case the June 4th event is a go.

I dunno about you NOBLE, but i thought it was safe enough, i mean, there's only 1 wall and thats the pit wall along the main straight..everything else is grassy type run off space.
Old 05-27-2006 | 11:28 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
^ Fc-racer: NOBLEGT3 is correct in that they had problems for many years getting licensing issues done, but I believe that has now been sorted and in any case the June 4th event is a go.

I dunno about you NOBLE, but i thought it was safe enough, i mean, there's only 1 wall and thats the pit wall along the main straight..everything else is grassy type run off space.

safe....bah...dont be pussies
Old 05-27-2006 | 11:36 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

lol...hey i'm in either way..i'm just trying to round up more people so i can see if we get a group rate or not...hell..having 10 porsches' show up would benifit them
Old 05-27-2006 | 11:49 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
lol...hey i'm in either way..i'm just trying to round up more people so i can see if we get a group rate or not...hell..having 10 porsches' show up would benifit them

porsche boys dont like driving with the ricky ricey racers ya know. but my favorite track days are always with www.battleendless.com
drifters, ricers and wacky asian girlfriends hanging out the windows with no rules. like mad max....but porschey types dont like it. FRYD and i did one in the evening after a PCA/UCR track day at shannonville and the PCA guys sat in the stands and watched but refused to join. they couldnt believe we took our GT3's around with those guys.
Old 05-27-2006 | 12:22 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ lol...drifters arn't the end of the world...the good ones have really good control skills and i'd have no problem lapping with them.

Most Porsche owners probably wouldn't run with the average riced out civic around the track tho. Not to stereotype, but a lot of them are rust buckets with big go fast go straight setups that they decided to bring to shanonville one day. They don't care about bump and grinding because their bumpers are like what? 100 bucks from a scrap yard? an entire motor or suspension for them is like 2 grand at most. They don't care about racing lines and blah blah blah..u kno the type i'm talkin about. If one of them takes me out in a corner just because he thought he could fly thru on the inside at the last minute only to understeer right into me..i'd be a tad more than pissed.

WRX, RX7, Evo and other owners are usually road racing enthusiasts with brains and talent to match.

having said that..i think i'm going to stop doing these courses and just start doing mosport days. I went there for the first time since i was 4 and it was like : WOAH...this is AWSOME!!! The elevation changes are much bigger in person....Its actually a real ***** out track instead of just a paved walkway
Old 05-27-2006 | 03:16 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
safe....bah...dont be pussies
Hey! haha. I come from the west coast and grew up on Seattle International Raceway. If you want a dangerous and scary track, that one is it. Elevation changes, high speeds, a ridiculous turn one that you go into almost flat-out at 260+km/h. I've done it on my motorcycle too, although I find it less scary on the bike (it's a narrow track which feels really closed in with the car).

I can't wait to try Mosport!
Old 05-27-2006 | 11:10 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Hey! haha. I come from the west coast and grew up on Seattle International Raceway. If you want a dangerous and scary track, that one is it. Elevation changes, high speeds, a ridiculous turn one that you go into almost flat-out at 260+km/h. I've done it on my motorcycle too, although I find it less scary on the bike (it's a narrow track which feels really closed in with the car).

I can't wait to try Mosport!
mosport is best with www.dexterautosport.com
Old 05-29-2006 | 01:59 PM
LastGT3
Racer

Dead-Eye - come out this Friday on June 2nd to Mosport - Dexter. FYI - TMP was just sold a few weeks ago so I understand has new ownership - not sure I would book my time or even spend $100 at TMP right now.
I think there was an announcement in the Sat Tor Star.
Also, keep in mind that Mosport is Far far nicer to your brakes and tires - not so with Shannonville and TMP.
Old 05-29-2006 | 02:49 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

porsche boys dont like driving with the ricky ricey racers ya know. but my favorite track days are always with www.battleendless.com
drifters, ricers and wacky asian girlfriends hanging out the windows with no rules. like mad max....but porschey types dont like it. FRYD and i did one in the evening after a PCA/UCR track day at shannonville and the PCA guys sat in the stands and watched but refused to join. they couldnt believe we took our GT3's around with those guys.
Actually.
No one invited us.
Truth be told. Although initially we though thir driving skills were lacking, these guys starting putting up some very quick times.
The guy with the full cage, helmet and race suit with his scantly clad girlfriend hanging out the window was the best.
But then because of a simple roll over, they shut you down.
Old 05-29-2006 | 03:21 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Two porsche's confirmed for sunday at TMP. Myself and another 99 Carrera. we'll be leaving early in the morning (at 8:30AM) from 2451 Dufferin St. which is the Dufferin Mazda/Karfiesta Building

If anyone wants to join us for the drive up you're more than welcome, its open to all makes/models. You can always join us later in the day if you're interested.
Old 05-29-2006 | 03:48 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Actually.
No one invited us.
Truth be told. Although initially we though thir driving skills were lacking, these guys starting putting up some very quick times.
The guy with the full cage, helmet and race suit with his scantly clad girlfriend hanging out the window was the best.
But then because of a simple roll over, they shut you down.
no invite needed...FRYD in his black GT3 joined in with me in my white one.
Old 05-29-2006 | 04:30 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

no invite needed...FRYD in his black GT3 joined in with me in my white one.
And give up our booze and food?

Quick Reply: TRACK DAY JUNE 4TH @ TMP --> 100$ ALL DAY!