Notices

TRACK DAY JUNE 4TH @ TMP --> 100$ ALL DAY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 03:15 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
no invite needed...FRYD in his black GT3 joined in with me in my white one.
That was a lot of fun! Truth be told, having spent the first day with the PCA guys and then that night with the BE guys, I'd say the average driver was better at night and certainly they knew the right lines better than most of the PCA (blue) group I was driving with. They tend to be more aggressive though, as has been mentioned above, maybe down to the fact that their cars are somewhat cheaper to repair (write off?) than a Porker...
Old 05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
LastGT3
Racer

Fryd - you are alive! Are doing any more days this year before you go to the UK?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LastGT3
Fryd - you are alive! Are doing any more days this year before you go to the UK?
no because he is scared of me and has to get his teeth cracked and stained brown as well as practice appearing gay so he can fit in over in england
Old 06-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ and has to learn to drink warm beer, which may well be worse than appearing gay

VERDICT ON TORONTO MOTORSPORTS PARK:

Really fun place to run, the course is short and somewhat technical, but you can really cane it if u know what you're doing.

There was a noise limit of 102dB, but they didn't have any problems with my bypass pipes. At the beginning of the day i short shifted going down the front straight just so i don't get thrown out early, but later on, they didn't have a problem with it at full redline, so i guess i'm not tripping the sound meter that they have outside the track.

Other Porsches there:
- 2001 Carrera Arctic silver
- White 964 RUF (not sure if it was real or not, but it did shoot flames )
- White 964 with white Fuches. (very sik, i want this car)

The track was pretty empty at times and when everyone was out to lunch it was like having a track to myself so no complaints there.

My buddy with his M3 actually has the wheel studs come out at the final turn leading onto the main straight. Lucky enuff he wasn't pushing hard and he just spunout. No damage to the rim, car (minor paint scratching) or anyone else. Cause we determined was using a spacer on the rears without longer wheel bolts. Towed him off, took off the spacers, and with some help from the event organisers, rethreaded the hub and set him up for a nice slow (and LONG) ride home.
For the Hour or so he did make it on the track, he is now addicted and will be doing a lot more events and setting his car up for tracking (byebye bling 19's, hello tires and swaybars )

I have some video footage and photos i'll post up later, including some stuff of the RUF spinning out when he was trying to pull away from me out of the corners. I guess he lifted :shrugs:

Quick Reply: TRACK DAY JUNE 4TH @ TMP --> 100$ ALL DAY!