997 Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 PM
rebe1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 Daytime Running Lights

Hi,

Just wondering, when you start the car, are the headlights just turned on like it would at night, or is it dimmer? Just wondering if the Bi-Xenons will be fired all the time or not. If it is, then what happens when you turn on the headlights in the car? Just the interior instrument light turns on?? Confused.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I don't know my xenons are on all the time. Though the little **** *** running lights looks like **** becuase they produce yellow light.
They were bunrt out and during my service, so they replaced them and thats when i noticed that they really suck.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your car is equipped with the bi-xenons, they will always be on (yes, as your daytime running lights). When you turn the lights on via the switch, you activate the dash and rear lights. This setup is not like other cars where the DRLs are the high beams with lower voltage.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:43 AM
rebe1
Racer

Are you talking about that little bulb that you can see in the 996 Xenons? So that and the Xenons are on? Strange...

Originally Posted by jumper5836
I don't know my xenons are on all the time. Though the little **** *** running lights looks like **** becuase they produce yellow light.
They were bunrt out and during my service, so they replaced them and thats when i noticed that they really suck.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:43 AM
rebe1
Racer

Ahh, forgot about the rear lights Great, this clarifies the questions I had. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Alon
If your car is equipped with the bi-xenons, they will always be on (yes, as your daytime running lights). When you turn the lights on via the switch, you activate the dash and rear lights. This setup is not like other cars where the DRLs are the high beams with lower voltage.

Quick Reply: 997 Daytime Running Lights