Notices

Victoria Porsche Enthusiast?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:09 PM
ThePointman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victoria Porsche Enthusiast?

Is anyone here a Porsche enthusiast located in Victoria BC? I am trying to get a feel for how many owners there are in Victoria that participate in runs, forums etc ... The only Victoria Porsche club link that I can find for Victoria or Vancouver Island seems to be dead.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Heddok
Intermediate

pointman
I live in Edmonton but my wife and I just bought a vacation home in Sooke. I drove my Boxster out there this summer so I could enjoy the twisty roads. On the Victoria PCA site I contacted a guy named Ernie who organizes the Auto-X. The Auto-X here in Edm. is a lot of fun and great guys so I thought I'd go out to one there. Well- I was in for a shock when I got to Western Raceway. There were 30 or so Porsches and a lot were all tricked out with coilovers, race rubber, race seats and engine mods! An older gent (65+) showed up towing a trailer with his full PCA race car. They take their autocross very seriously there. A tight and technical course that doesn't suffer fools and this fool ended up quite humbled. A really friendly group of people who truly love and respect the marque. I shook a lot of hands and had a great time. They have a very active group and are sure to welcome anyone with an interest. I don't have the link on this computer but just go to pca.org and link via the regional listings.

Brad
Old 09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Heddok
Intermediate

pointmanhttp:
//www.virpca.org/
Try this
Brad
Old 10-03-2005, 06:10 PM
DK
Instructor

a few locals lurk here...
Great PCA group here - a few VIR enthusiasts get together most sunday mornings 8-8:30ish at starbucks in broadmead village for a coffee. Friendly bunch, drop in sometime. Also home to one of the highest number of club racers per membership size in all of PCA!

Hey you VIR lurkers - any interest in an octoberfest event at the eidelweiss club?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:19 AM
ThePointman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DK
a few locals lurk here...
Great PCA group here - a few VIR enthusiasts get together most sunday mornings 8-8:30ish at starbucks in broadmead village for a coffee. Friendly bunch, drop in sometime. Also home to one of the highest number of club racers per membership size in all of PCA!

Hey you VIR lurkers - any interest in an octoberfest event at the eidelweiss club?
VIR lurkers? Sorry but I am not familiar with that term. When my car arrives I will be sure to drop by though.

- ThePointman

Quick Reply: Victoria Porsche Enthusiast?