Notices

Both Porsches stolen this morning from home

Old 06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by carbon_00
From now on I may keep the fob hidden in car..then they can track the rats back to the nest..haha
I thought it was a 2 part system. 1 is always in the car hidden for tracking and the other is on your person. To notify that the car has been moved without the the second part.
Boomerang 1 doesn't have the 2 part
Old 06-29-2005, 02:07 PM
yongster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carbon_00
From now on I may keep the fob hidden in car..then they can track the rats back to the nest..haha
Keep the fob separate but with you (ie. on a separate key chain with house key etc. or in wallet), then at least you will be alerted WHILE they are driving to the nest.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Stewz-993
Intermediate

Man, I hate to say it, but I know _exactly_ how you feel. My Boxster S wheels and brakes were stolen in a parking lot while I ate my lunch! Came out and my car seems a little high off the ground, then I noticed what happened. (So did everyone else in the parking lot when i screamed many profanities. )

Later I found the inside gutted as well. I told my insurance I felt violated and wanted to right it off. I ended up paying an additonal premium, but now I have my 993 and a new car again.

I recommend you do the same, as it will never be the same car that you fell in love with.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:50 PM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Scott , $hit ..... really sorry to see this happening in T.O. I remember when I lived up there, car thefts would go in BIG spurts. Eventully, you do find out who and where when asking the right people. Down here in Miami, we had the issue of the LITRONIC headlamps being stolen. Litterly every hour somewhere. I eventually found out from a client of mine who was kind of behind the thefts.

I 'll assume you live in the burbs maybe ?? I know around Forest Hills and Queens Quay, the local cops are visible patroling areas where nice cars are present. I heard certain areas of Wopbridge got hammered last year. As well as Ricmond Hill.

If you find out who those f@ckers are. Let us know. I will chip in for your bullit collection before you shoot them.

Good luck

Theo
Old 06-30-2005, 10:46 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Live in Lawrence Park and your right, there have been a rash of thefts lately...they must make a fortune..wonder what a loaded Cayenne S with baby seats goes for in Eastern Europe??
Old 07-01-2005, 01:30 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I decided to get the best in security- I got two big, loud Golden Retrievers.

We live on a very long dead-end street, so my neighbors and I are also going to put motion-sensing low-light cameras along the length of the street. I have been very fortunate and had no problems so far. My other neighbors have had many problems over the years.

I REALLY feel sorry for the guy that I catch violating the security of my property. Remember, if you shoot them, make it count- you don't want them to come back and sue you.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Makes me think of what an old cop friend of my dad's once said... "We can't shoot them in the back, but we can shoot them in the leg until they turn around."
Old 07-02-2005, 01:51 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All Scott needs to do is put up a beware of Dog sign, add a dog chain to the front of his house and place a dog dish near the chain.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Both Porsches stolen this morning from home