Optional Insurance in BC

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 04:52 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Optional Insurance in BC

I'm really exited as I just booked the transport that will finally bring one of my 2 993's in their new home in Vancouver in a few days. What I'm utterly bummed ofcourse is the outrageous insurance premiums in BC. While I understand that I cannot avoid the dreaded ICBC for basic insurance, I'm looking for options on the optional coverage.I also found out that the rates varry widely on optional insurance depending on the model and make. One company could be cheaper for a specific brand than the other and via versa. Any Porsche owners have any advise on that?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:22 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ugh... I remember those rates! I moved from Vancouver to Montreal and one of the major benefits of Quebec is the cheap car insurance!

Before Vancouver I lived in Toronto.

Where did you move from?
Old 07-03-2005, 03:52 PM
djames
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Danny,
You are correct about the outrageous premiums here in B.C. and would be wise to shop for coverage on the "extras" Most autoplan brokers should be able to provide coverage from sources other than ICBC. Off hand I know of two Co's that offer additional coverage - Canada Direct and Family Insurance.

With a 43% discount and roadstar savings the annual premium for collision on my car is 1,270 and for comprehensive the premium is $632. Feel free to pm me if you need the name of a competent insurance broker.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:30 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HSBC Canadian Direct does it as well, if you have a driving record that they like (I tried to go through them, they need IIRC 4 years of clean driving).

ICBC is a rip off, but more so when youre young. Collision+Comp+$300 deductible had me paying $5200CDN last year to insure my car. PS: Never go to Surrey Center Mall. ICBC owns it. I like getting back at those useless leeches however I can!

Quick Reply: Optional Insurance in BC