Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW Rally Car Club meeting

Is anyone going to this meeting? I was thinking of checking it out:

http://www.kwrc.on.ca/meeting.html
Old 08-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

KWRC is a great rally club. If you're interested in rallying - there are some great beginner events that KWRC puts on.

Ask around at the meeting for Roger Sanderson and tell him you (sort of) know me throuigh the Porsche crowd. He'll be most welcoming. And he'll tell you great stories of besting my time at a rally cross in a minivan!

Robinson Kelly
Old 08-12-2004, 12:07 PM
delhi
Racer

If you're into rallying, there's also the Toronto Maple Leaf rally club. I believe there's navigational rallies every week. But it's at night and it's in the middle of no where. I went to an even organized by KWRC a coupla years back. It's called the Snowy Countries Rally or something. Very nice. Up by Collingwood area. It was a 5 hour event that covered nearly 250kms! Might go again this winter.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

He he he - THanks for plugging MY Club! I was prez of the MLRC a couple of years back. It is in fact the strongest rally club in Canada.

The snowy winter rallies are the best bang for your rallying dollar. Hours of seat time for less than $100 dollars and brisk speeds are required to make the times. All on OPEN roads - so please be careful. I've run them in my stage-prepped rally car and had to hustle to win. Much fun.

Check out... www.mlrc.ca for more info.

RK
Old 08-12-2004, 03:51 PM
delhi
Racer

I didn't know you belong to MLRC? I know a few suby guys who go there. Anyways those rallies are great. My wife was my navigator and she being not into cars really enjoyed it. In fact she was really into calculating those stuff. I've downloaded this Rally trip software for my palm. Hehehehehe... no more calculators in the future!
Old 08-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Yeah - going to a rally computer proper makes a HUGE difernece. IT's really the only way you can win the TSD's at a top level. I've never "zero'd" a whole rally - but I've been under a minute in total penalties. Also, you get to focus on the driving so much more.

RK

Quick Reply: KW Rally Car Club meeting