Notices

OT: Bungalow within 1.5 hours of Oakville

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Most FI downtown will be 5 days /week by November.... They can't allow the macro economy to die in the core...
IRT - suburbia and real estate prices: Prices will continue to rise and fast... there was a small window where prices dipped between March and August...but the % cuts seem to have jump started things...

Bungalows to be had in Etobicoke at fairly good prices... They will easily double in the next decade... the new rules allowing for residential low rise builds along major roads is a game changer for many, so finding a bungalow on those streets may pay huge dividends in the coming years.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
IBM is the best.....for management...return to the office or leave the company.

Former IBMer here, love their high performance culture. No BS.
Anytime we've done work with IBM, it's been terrible....I doubt there's anything high performance about their culture at all.
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,176 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
Anytime we've done work with IBM, it's been terrible....I doubt there's anything high performance about their culture at all.
Haha...ok. I didn't say perfect but you are making broad statements that are obviously factually incorrect.

What company and product/service?

Old Today, 12:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

Good call on healthcare....another one is emergency care.

You live in small towns or on outskirts of those places, you'll be waiting for EMS, Police & Fire. Think heart attack, angry spouse, burglary...things where seconds/minutes count.....all things to consider for sure.
i love how ' angry spouse" was smoothly slipped in there lol.

Last edited by theiceman; Today at 01:01 PM.
Old Today, 01:00 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
i love how thew ' angry spouse" was smoothly slipped in there lol.
or put another more current way....intimate partner violence. Lots of resentment and anger comes out after many years, in old age. Never know. Nothing but grass fields and you.
Old Today, 01:08 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 586 Posts

or put another more current way....intimate partner violence. Lots of resentment and anger comes out after many years, in old age. Never know. Nothing but grass fields and you.
I was doing some retirement planning last night on Snap Projections and looking at some video content on youtube on retirement. One researcher talks about the 4 phases of retirement and in the 2nd phase, he talks about divorce being something that some face. I always thought that if you made it to retirement together, you were golden - but apparently that is not the case.

Last edited by Onami; Today at 01:19 PM.
Old Today, 01:20 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Onami
I doing some retirement planning last night on Snap Projections and looking at some video content on youtube on retirement. One researcher talks about the 4 phases of retirement and in the 2nd phase, he talks about divorce being something that some face. I always thought that if you made it to retirement together, you were golden - but apparently that is not the case.
I believe it.....based on my comment above. Along with more time together, perhaps one doesn't have hobbies and the other does, plus ones temperament and physical and mental abilities (burden it puts on the other or limitation of the other doing things as a result). I'm afraid the potential for issues are always present until you just can't do anything anymore and/or don't care OR die.

Good friend of mine, his parents divorced few years ago. Must've been 68-72 yrs old each. Wouldn't have thought looking from the outside.

Last edited by SToronto; Today at 01:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Onami (Today)
Old Today, 01:57 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

I believe it.....based on my comment above. Along with more time together, perhaps one doesn't have hobbies and the other does, plus ones temperament and physical and mental abilities (burden it puts on the other or limitation of the other doing things as a result). I'm afraid the potential for issues are always present until you just can't do anything anymore and/or don't care OR die.

Good friend of mine, his parents divorced few years ago. Must've been 68-72 yrs old each. Wouldn't have thought looking from the outside.
Buddy of mine retired recently ... decided to go down to one car as they weren't working.. 3 months later went back to two ... the time in the car together they were ready to kill each other , and going back to two cars actually saved them .. you don't realize what the quiet time in your own car brings you ...
The following users liked this post:
Onami (Today)

Quick Reply: OT: Bungalow within 1.5 hours of Oakville