Notices

New 911

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2024 | 07:24 AM
Motoss
Intermediate

Default New 911

Question for the group .. how difficult is it to get a new 911 within the GTA - I’m looking at about 9k in options for a base 911. In 2020 I bought a GT4 from Porsche Centre North Toronto - not sure if that helps?

TIA
Old 08-24-2024 | 08:07 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Check with PCNT since you bought there, might count for something.

I inquired with my dealer about the new GTS Cab, I'd be first. So not too hard? But it also varies by model. Not a Toronto dealer though.

Others on here will have insight.
Old 08-24-2024 | 10:46 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Your hurdle will be the $9k in options at many dealers. They were looking for $22k on average recently. I got one 2 weeks ago with $13k that was a bonus allocation for them.

2 mistakes that I made with my low option spec…the 4 way seats have poor lumbar support and the standard steering wheel is too thin.

Last edited by Onami; 08-24-2024 at 11:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DG2018GTS (08-24-2024)
Old 08-24-2024 | 11:49 AM
Mav727
Track Day

Hey,

My experience-I had an opportunity at multiple dealers for a low spec new allocation, not hard at all. You should be able to get a small discount as well.

Lots of base allocations as GTS buyers are apparently apprehensive about placing orders until they get an opportunity to experience the car.

I think there is a window before other models are introduced.

Good luck
Mav
Old 08-24-2024 | 12:58 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mav727
Hey,

My experience-I had an opportunity at multiple dealers for a low spec new allocation, not hard at all. You should be able to get a small discount as well.

Lots of base allocations as GTS buyers are apparently apprehensive about placing orders until they get an opportunity to experience the car.

I think there is a window before other models are introduced.

Good luck
Mav
I don’t know anyone that has been offered a discount on a 992 lately and that is with multiple p-car purchases. Are you saying that you were actually offered a discount or is this just your opinion?

Your comment on base allocations being available because of a lack of demand for GTS models is incorrect. Model distribution and allocations are pre-determined by Porsche, not the dealer. GTS models are highly sought after and profitable. No way that Porsche is producing more base models because of poor GTS demand.

Old 08-24-2024 | 01:13 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

I know you’re asking a question, but why would you trade a GT4 (do you still have it?) for a base 911?
Old 08-24-2024 | 02:01 PM
Mav727
Track Day

Hi Onami,

I may have worded things poorly, with regard to GTS, I was told that some GTS customers with deposits are waiting to experience the car before committing to purchasing. I didn’t mean to suggest this was leading to more base allocations being available. Although, it is my opinion that if the OP was seeking a base 992 perhaps now might be a good time before future 992.2 models are introduced and possibly get priority.

Respectfully, just because you don’t know anyone that has received a discount doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I assume many here and others that don’t participate ,perhaps, prefer not share what they have negotiated.

Also congratulations on your new 911!
Mav

Old 08-24-2024 | 04:36 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the congratulations.

Discounts on 911’s have been gone for years - sure some VIPs and friends and family might get a token few percent, but not the average Joe . Minimum option spends and mandatory add-ons have been the norm. Currently, dealers are backing off of these, but MSRP is still firm. You won’t see 911 discounts until 911’s are sitting on lots like Macans and Taycans are. A few have received discounts on Macans recently and Taycans are deeply discounted.

To the OP, I’m happy to put you in touch with one of the Sales Manager’s at PCO. Having an intro from someone that just purchased might help speed up the process for you. Feel free to pm me if you are interested.

Last edited by Onami; 08-24-2024 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2024 | 05:37 PM
Mav727
Track Day

Originally Posted by Onami
Thanks for the congratulations.

Discounts on 911’s have been gone for years - sure some VIPs and friends and family might get a token few percent, but not the average Joe . Minimum option spends and mandatory add-ons have been the norm. Currently, dealers are backing off of these, but MSRP is still firm. You won’t see 911 discounts until 911’s are sitting on lots like Macans and Taycans are. A few have received discounts on Macans recently and Taycans are deeply discounted.

To the OP, I’m happy to put you in touch with one of the Sales Manager’s at PCO. Having an intro from someone that just purchased might help speed up the process for you. Feel free to pm me if you are interested.
Onami,

In the interest of the OP’s original question, I have to push back on your assertions.

Your above comments are correct and likely in line with your experience when you transacted in the spring based on your previous posts. However, they are outdated, the market has changed, and my very recent experience as I stated earlier is there are allocations and at less than MSRP.

To the OP, there are 159 new 911’s in inventory and 32 base Carrera’s starting at 156K and some have been in stock for several months. Considering we are in late summer now and the 992.2 arriving soon there may be an opportunity?

Have a great weekend all,
Mav
Slngshot (08-25-2024)
Old 08-24-2024 | 05:59 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mav727
Onami,

In the interest of the OP’s original question, I have to push back on your assertions.

Your above comments are correct and likely in line with your experience when you transacted in the spring based on your previous posts. However, they are outdated, the market has changed, and my very recent experience as I stated earlier is there are allocations and at less than MSRP.

To the OP, there are 159 new 911’s in inventory and 32 base Carrera’s starting at 156K and some have been in stock for several months. Considering we are in late summer now and the 992.2 arriving soon there may be an opportunity?

Have a great weekend all,
Mav
Awesome…reach out to the OP like a good member and pass along the dealer’s name and contact info that offered you a new order at less than MSRP to help him out.

That said, my understanding of his post is that he is looking to order a car with $9k in options. That will be a 992.2 which will not be discounted when they aren’t in showrooms yet. In stock and allocations are two different things. You are clearly confusing the two.

And to push back a little on your info…there are 25 new base cars listed in Canada. The cheapest is $156k as you stated, but even that car has $19k in options. The next lowest is over $170k. Porsche Canada is requesting that dealers have an average option spend of $22k and I was told that still exists this afternoon. That is the challenge that the OP will face. Smaller dealers are reluctant to take a low option order for fear of missing that target and losing out on allocations. The only reason that I was allowed to spend less on options was that my allocation was an extra bonus allocation..

If anyone seriously knows of a dealer that will discount a new low option base 992.2 build, please PM me. My best friend is going to order one after going for a ride in mine base today.

Last edited by Onami; 08-24-2024 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2024 | 10:31 PM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Originally Posted by Onami
Your hurdle will be the $9k in options at many dealers. They were looking for $22k on average recently. I got one 2 weeks ago with $13k that was a bonus allocation for them.

2 mistakes that I made with my low option spec…the 4 way seats have poor lumbar support and the standard steering wheel is too thin.
would you go with 14 or 18 ways seat if you have to reconfig your spec again?
Old 08-25-2024 | 02:14 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

I’d go for 14 ways. The 18’s are a bit too much for me.
Old 08-25-2024 | 09:08 AM
Dyim
Drifting

If you accept a low trade in value of your GT4, getting an allocation shouldn’t be an issue.
Onami (08-25-2024)
Old 08-25-2024 | 11:26 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

The era of ADMs are over and be prepared for discounts, albeit minor and not on special edition models, the supply issues of Covid and free money are no longer a factor, we are regressing to the mean.
The following 4 users liked this post by KenTO:
Angryinch (08-28-2024), RealityGT (08-27-2024), Slngshot (08-26-2024), SToronto (08-26-2024)
Old 08-25-2024 | 02:38 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

I'll believe someone got a discount on a 992.2 build - base or GTS - when they post the numbers and name dealer, or someone I know or trust (personally or a forum member), or a SA tells me it's so. I think it's safe to postulate it's not going to happen until a meaningful percentage of a round of allocations is not taken up by the market, and HIGHLY unlikely anytime soon on a low-option build. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited by gcurnew; 08-25-2024 at 02:52 PM.
Onami (08-25-2024)

Quick Reply: New 911