Notices

Thanks to Porsche Centre Oakville!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2024 | 01:25 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car sir!!! Congratulations! I will be curious to hear about your experience with the car given you have had so many older, air cooled cars in the past. My worry with buying something like this is that it might get "boring" after a short period of time as the car is just so good. I find that with a lot of newer cars. They are all so fast, quiet, and capable that they tend to be less engaging.
Old 09-05-2024 | 08:25 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ginch
Beautiful car sir!!! Congratulations! I will be curious to hear about your experience with the car given you have had so many older, air cooled cars in the past. My worry with buying something like this is that it might get "boring" after a short period of time as the car is just so good. I find that with a lot of newer cars. They are all so fast, quiet, and capable that they tend to be less engaging.
Sorry, I seem to have missed your post. The 992 is a great car for going somewhere and enjoying the experience along the way. Driving a 993 is the experience. I hope that makes sense. I’m pretty certain I will own another 993 once the kids are out of the house and I’m done paying for school

That said, I would only buy a 992 if I planned to drive it often including some level of commuting. It’s just too expensive to keep as a weekend car - at least for me. Also, my experience with my dealer has been hit and miss - with more misses than hits. It’s literally one step forward and two steps back with them. I’m going to try another dealer for service etc. with the hope that things are better elsewhere. If not, I’m done with new p-cars. Such a shame as I love the product, but with how I’ve felt recently, they don’t deserve my business.
Old 09-05-2024 | 11:15 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

I deleted my initial post praising Porsche Centre Oakville because it appears that they have disappointed once again. I’ll post the full story with pics at some point this weekend.

Last edited by Onami; 09-05-2024 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2024 | 09:44 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

That's unfortunate, but it mirrors the experiences of many..
Old 09-06-2024 | 10:21 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I deal with Pfaff/Porsche Vaughan for service since I think 2020ish on new cars. Used to be PCO but things changed when staff left and pandemic came. Perhaps still the same. Thrilled with Vaughan, just a little out of the way but always get a loaner or an Uber if you want and very easy to work with. 407 takes sting out of the distance.
Old 09-06-2024 | 10:39 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a little foolish because I have had numerous issues with PCO over the past 9 years that I have been doing business with them and I keep giving them chances to make things right. This time takes the cake though and I've had enough.
Old 09-07-2024 | 09:31 AM
kwazi7
Advanced

Originally Posted by Onami
I deleted my initial post praising Porsche Centre Oakville because it appears that they have disappointed once again. I’ll post the full story with pics at some point this weekend.
Oh no, please let us know what happened. Hopefully nothing serious with your car.

​​​
Old 09-07-2024 | 10:09 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Thanks. The issue is minor in the scheme of things, but their actions are not. I’m writing a letter to Porsche Canada this weekend and will post details here afterwards.

Last edited by Onami; 09-07-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2024 | 11:22 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

Thanks. The issue is minor in the scheme of things, but there actions are not. I’m writing a letter to Porsche Canada this weekend and will post details here afterwards.
What exactly am I looking at here?
Old 09-07-2024 | 11:46 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

There are 2 scratches on the lower left, about 10-12 small bubbles in the clearcoat in the center and the remnants of their (PCO) failed attempt to polish them out at the top. This was done prior to me picking up the car and it was not disclosed to me. I noticed it right after getting the car home.
Old 09-07-2024 | 12:36 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

There are 2 scratches on the lower left, about 10-12 small bubbles in the clearcoat in the center and the remnants of their (PCO) failed attempt to polish them out at the top. This was done prior to me picking up the car and it was not disclosed to me. I noticed it right after getting the car home.
Yeah, no bueno...
Old 09-07-2024 | 12:43 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Is that clearcoat or ppf?
Old 09-07-2024 | 02:34 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Is that clearcoat or ppf?
That is in the clear coat before I took it to my detailer for polishing and PPF. This is minutes after getting the car home from buying it at PCO. This is how they delivered the car to me. I didn’t see it under the showroom lights, but it was very clear out in the sunshine. The polishing marks left on my trim in the pic were done by PCO when they tried to correct it before I picked the car up. I’m pissed that they did not disclose this to me before I paid for the car. I would not have accepted it as is if they would have.

My detailer was able to improve the area, but not correct it. Repaint would be the only way to actually fix it. PCO wants to blend that spot, but I am refusing that solution as no one wants a repainted area on their brand new 911. Like I said above, the marks are small, especially after polishing by a pro, but that is not the point. I can’t understand how Porsche allowed this to leave the plant and I certainly can’t accept PCO thinking that this would be acceptable to a customer.
Old 09-07-2024 | 02:56 PM
Skeptikal12
Racer

The polishing residue can be cleaned up if it hasn't already, that doesn't seem to be too big of a deal to me at least unless they burned through the rubber. The bubbles in clearcoat they could have maybe wet sanded before polishing to remove them (not sure without seeing). If there is PPF over the whole panel now, hard to do much without taking a couple steps back.

Ultimately, I think a lot of people are not as detail oriented as you and this is their standard that balances effort + time against positive feedback. I can imagine it sucks to see especially as you take great care of your cars and paid good money for the car
Old 09-07-2024 | 03:52 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

There wasn’t enough material to wet sand or polish them out as per the best detailer in the gta. We only PPF’d after determining that nothing more could be done without repainting. The PPF does help to hide it and it is much more difficult to see now unless it is in the bright sunlight. Of course, the polishing compound has been cleaned off now

I agree that I am particular about my car, but every person that saw it in real life said that they would not accept it as is. I can’t count how many new cars I have had and none have had issues like this. I’ll also admit that my expectation for a car that cost me $180k is higher than a Hyundai.

My biggest beef is that this wasn’t disclosed to me. I feel that was very shady and not something that I would ever do to my customers.
The following users liked this post:
KILOFINAL (09-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Thanks to Porsche Centre Oakville!