Notices

The reduction in standard colour range.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 07:09 PM
Greg981
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Agreed although Guards Red is not PTS on the 992.2, it is one of the 'Dreams' options for $1700. Same price now as Carmine Red which used to be in the $3k+ range. Of the two I'd get Carmine all day.

Related but Lugano Blue appears close-ish to Shark Blue and is also in the $1700 category while Shark Blue was $3k+. So that is something.
True. I paid $3000 back in 2015 for Carmine Red on my 981. No regrets!
Old 06-04-2024, 11:51 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I suppose so. But I have to imagine the buyers pool is smaller the further up you go and will continue to be that way. 911 used to be attainable to more than it is today (just anecdotally as I have no hard data to support). The new GT3 will be what....starting at $250k. My 991.2 starting was $186k in 2018. In the new price range it opens up choices when you factor preowned. Now, not sure anything in that bracket will quite compete with what the GT3 offers. But take that idea down to the Base/S/GTS.

Really interested to see if AMG brings a new GTR. Don't think we have pricing yet for the GT63 in Canada.

The new cars are too quick to really enjoy the driving capabilities on our GTA roads.
Definitely a smaller pool...like exponentially so...

Funny thing about that GT63 is that it's not on the Canadian site but cars have started arriving at dealers...LOL.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:58 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Definitely a smaller pool...like exponentially so...

Funny thing about that GT63 is that it's not on the Canadian site but cars have started arriving at dealers...LOL.
Oh wow....was on the site the other day having just watched Harrys Garage review of it, I recall the availability date being sometime soon so did find it odd the site had no details. Funny dealers have them already.

Not a fan of the interior, agree with Harry on the huge screen and cluttered steering wheel.

GTR should be quite interesting if they do it. Maybe the steering wheel will be more focused but the big screen will probably still be there.

Really do like the design of these cars, can't wait to see the new one in person. I liked the in person/on road presence of the outgoing generation. The engine too.
Old 06-04-2024, 12:54 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 459 Posts

I do think the. GT63 is a very good car but I could. not live with the massive screen. I recall seeing oe of these years ago in an early Tesla and I thought, "This'll never catch on". Guess I was mistaken but I still detest it.
Old 06-04-2024, 01:26 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by RDMcG
I do think the. GT63 is a very good car but I could. not live with the massive screen. I recall seeing oe of these years ago in an early Tesla and I thought, "This'll never catch on". Guess I was mistaken but I still detest it.
i thought the same thing about the B9 Audi

yuk .. looks like a bad afterthought.

Looks like they just stuck a big i pad on the front, i detest it. even sticks up and blocks your view.

Last edited by theiceman; 06-04-2024 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2024, 01:32 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Oh wow....was on the site the other day having just watched Harrys Garage review of it, I recall the availability date being sometime soon so did find it odd the site had no details. Funny dealers have them already.

Not a fan of the interior, agree with Harry on the huge screen and cluttered steering wheel.

GTR should be quite interesting if they do it. Maybe the steering wheel will be more focused but the big screen will probably still be there.

Really do like the design of these cars, can't wait to see the new one in person. I liked the in person/on road presence of the outgoing generation. The engine too.
A friend saw one at a dealer and sent me this:

Old 06-04-2024, 01:45 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Thanks!

$5K for Freight & PDI!

That lux tax hurts.

$195k base price, up there but it definitely has appeal. GTR would be what? $230 base...don't recall the spread in previous generation.

personally starting to loose a little dedication to Porsche...have a number of em....still great. but mind is wandering to what else is out there.
The following users liked this post:
LastMezger (06-04-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 01:53 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 305 Likes on 209 Posts

Do you get a discount if you order it without any paint?
Old 06-04-2024, 01:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Do you get a discount if you order it without any paint?
lol " natural Silver"
Old 06-04-2024, 02:23 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 566 Posts

Thanks!

$5K for Freight & PDI!

PCO is $2950 freight plus $1995 PDI = $4945 for a 992.2 ($100 less frt for a .1)
Old 06-04-2024, 05:32 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

...911 used to be attainable to more than it is today (just anecdotally as I have no hard data to support).
I too don't have any hard data on hand, but I agree that this is likely the case. I think sometimes the true impact of inflation is underestimated for something like a car. On top of the widely-discussed headline inflation number is the larger increase in cost of borrowing, which is not normally (I think) part of the CPI calculation. I suspect that most purchases of new Porsches in the past have been financed in some way (lease, personal LOC, dealer etc.) and rates were a lot lower for many years than where we are now. Including that cost-of-borrowing impact with the luxury tax ON TOP OF the normal price inflation has (I believe) moved these cars out of range for a lot of people (myself included).

People used to throw around the very approximate "rule" that a new car should not be more than 1/3 of your annual gross salary. Obviously this too simplified to account for personal differences, risk tolerance etc. That said, I always remembered that rule as it is so easy to apply. In a world of 200K 911s, that would imply a 600K annual income.

Used prices are slowly (very slowly) coming back down, so maybe relatively new pre-owned will become an option again.

Old 06-04-2024, 05:49 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 500
I too don't have any hard data on hand, but I agree that this is likely the case. I think sometimes the true impact of inflation is underestimated for something like a car. On top of the widely-discussed headline inflation number is the larger increase in cost of borrowing, which is not normally (I think) part of the CPI calculation. I suspect that most purchases of new Porsches in the past have been financed in some way (lease, personal LOC, dealer etc.) and rates were a lot lower for many years than where we are now. Including that cost-of-borrowing impact with the luxury tax ON TOP OF the normal price inflation has (I believe) moved these cars out of range for a lot of people (myself included).

Used prices are slowly (very slowly) coming back down, so maybe relatively new pre-owned will become an option again.
Yep. and it's not like the US market. We're more strapped here for income & opportunity and these higher interest rates will have pulled some folks back. They will need time to come out of it. A sign of it is Vaughan's recent email blast to move on-hand new inventory and staying open into the evening on a Saturday to do the same. Can anybody recall a Porsche dealer doing this? I can't in my 12 years with the brand. New is not moving as it once was.

Used will be where it's at if prices come down more.
The following users liked this post:
RealityGT (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 02:03 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

I'm warming up to this in GT55 trim. Still 470-hp AWD and at $155K that's a bit more like it...

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/vehi...egory=exterior

Old 06-08-2024, 11:21 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I'm warming up to this in GT55 trim. Still 470-hp AWD and at $155K that's a bit more like it...

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/vehi...egory=exterior
gorgeous car for sure. Still fantastic at that price. I want to go to Oakville and see it, perhaps today
Old 06-08-2024, 11:26 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 566 Posts

At $155k base price it is virtually the same price as a C4S.

Quick Reply: The reduction in standard colour range.......