Notices

OT: Rental Car Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 03:34 PM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

As far as car rental is concerned, anything that happens abroad should stay abroad

why would i want to risk my canadian insurance rates
Old 06-05-2024, 06:20 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by reacp911
As far as car rental is concerned, anything that happens abroad should stay abroad

why would i want to risk my canadian insurance rates
I am not an attorney, but Chubb requires a declaration of "any and all" accidents, charges, speeding tickets, pretty much all but parking tickets.
I believe the "fine print" declares if you are found not to have declared accidents, your coverage is null and void!

Rental coverage is included with Chubb and I have probably saved thousands over the years, but Chubb is expensive.
But a delight to deal with if you have a claim in my experience.

YMMV
Old 06-06-2024, 01:20 AM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

I’ve saved thousands over the years by just doing the CC thing and the deductable is zero

Before the fall of the wall i got a ticket in E Germany. Another in the former yugoslavia. Should i have declared them?
Old 06-06-2024, 08:39 AM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

I’ve saved thousands over the years by just doing the CC thing and the deductable is zero

Before the fall of the wall i got a ticket in E Germany. Another in the former yugoslavia. Should i have declared them?
I know I would have declared them as that is my contract with Chubb....

And after over 20 yr of running companies deploying software (identity and encryption) to the UK/Euro spook agencies, I am pretty sure (but am restricted from saying) that all the agencies are currently deploying AI tools to suck up every bit of data from all police systems, and most of those countries you mentioned are now in the EU, or want to be...

A friend's wife was recently barred from entering the US because she failed to declare a 60's marijuana conviction from Australia, that was newly in the US immigration database...

And Chubb also provides me with global multi million $ blanket liability policy which I do not think I can get from a credit card..

YMMV

Old 06-06-2024, 09:04 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 210 Likes on 134 Posts

I think you would be surprised how inept Canada is at this sort of thing. The RCMP linked their stolen car database with international ones THIS SPRING.

But yeah, not disclosing an accident to your car insurer is just asking for trouble.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:26 AM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LZRD GRN
I know I would have declared them as that is my contract with Chubb....

And after over 20 yr of running companies deploying software (identity and encryption) to the UK/Euro spook agencies, I am pretty sure (but am restricted from saying) that all the agencies are currently deploying AI tools to……

hope you’re happy in the Stasi/1984 world
Old 06-06-2024, 04:37 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

hope you’re happy in the Stasi/1984 world
If that world means I do not try to cheat my insurance company, yes I am happy......

But wait, I was in that world in Europe, The Stasi actually had very little information outside their own country/countries.....

Very different today....

YMMV

Old 06-06-2024, 04:43 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by strathconaman
I think you would be surprised how inept Canada is at this sort of thing. The RCMP linked their stolen car database with international ones THIS SPRING.

But yeah, not disclosing an accident to your car insurer is just asking for trouble.
I have no experience with the RCMP....

But I do know the CSIS crowd in Ottawa are as smart and informed as their global peers, although they cannot likely share their info....

Could I suggest a little inter agency lack of communication?

Certainly not an expert today, but I recall CSIS had access to police files, but not the other way around...

YMMV

Quick Reply: OT: Rental Car Insurance